• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

Yaweee

PhoncipleBone said:
New episode tonight. Let's hope the ratings improve. And if not hopefully Fox puts it somewhere where it can survive.

It is still doing better than anything FOX has had in that slot recently. That makes it at least a partial winner as far as their executives are concerned.

Solo

Well, I can officially withdraw my one complaint from last week - I was upset that Peter and Walter had seemingly reconciled off-camera. Glad to see such isn't the case, and that we will get to see that over the course of the season. That Peter/Walter scene was rough - John Nobke killed it, as usual.

gdt

Great episode, so far. Peter/Walter is the best part of the show, and the Other Side doesn't have that :/.

Also, how awesome are Walter and Astrid? So awesome.

And Anna Torv is very enjoyable as Altlivia. Just slightly different, but really, it's a huge change from the cardboard Olivia we've known all along.

can we have episodic specific threads for fringe now, please? its going to be hard to keep up for people watching this show days after it airs over the net

WillyFive

HOW AWESOME IS THIS. SO AWESOME.

THEY MADE PETER DEAF!

Earl Cazone said:
can we have episodic specific threads for fringe now, please? its going to be hard to keep up for people watching this show days after it airs over the net

Each thread would only be 2 or 3 pages long.

Threads for each Lost episode were as multiple times as long as this whole thread is.

Solo

Holy exploding heads, Batman! :lol :lol LOOOOOVE how they played with the concept of sound/lack thereof.

And a heart FUCK NO to episodic threads. Season threads are where its at.

gdt

Solo said:
Holy exploding heads, Batman! :lol :lol

And a heart FUCK NO to episodic threads. Season threads are where its at.

Only THE BOSS could sustain episodic threads, so yeah, season threads for everything else.

Solo

"Bacon-flavoured pudding. That would surprise me" :lol :lol Holy christ I love Walter, and I love Fringe. Fantastic episode. Hard to say which was better between the premiere and this - the premiere was epic and had lots of awesome plot stuff, while this one was firing on all cylinders from a character interaction standpoint, and had great performances. If we can expect this kind of shift week to week, this will be easily the best season yet.

Back to the other side next week!

gdt

Fantastic episode.

The deafening sequence was incredible, and maybe one of my favorite TV moments ever. So good.

I like Peter collecting the Pieces of this machine, great storyline. Torv was great as Altlivia, who's a thousand times more interesting than Olivia. A bit more energetic and outward.

I love the concept of switching off universes each episode, but it screeches to a halt when half the episodes won't feature the best part of the show, Peter and Walter (Astrid as well). I'm wary of the odd-numbered episodes right now.

Still very excited to see where we go from here, nice to see the momentum from the 2nd half of S2 holding up.

WillyFive

Violater said:
Actually I was hoping that he would somehow get his full brain potential back.

He presumably has access to most advanced technology in existence, now. So it could be possible. But it will just turn him into Walternate, and we would lose our Walter.

Solo said:
"Bacon-flavoured pudding. That would surprise me" :lol :lol Holy christ I love Walter, and I love Fringe. Fantastic episode. Hard to say which was better between the premiere and this - the premiere was epic and had lots of awesome plot stuff, while this one was firing on all cylinders from a character interaction standpoint, and had great performances. If we can expect this kind of shift week to week, this will be easily the best season yet.

Back to the other side next week!

Yep. The premiere was the bets of new Fringe, this one is the best of normal Fringe. It's great to have both going back and forth this season.

Great fucking episode. Walter coming at us in full force. And the continuing relationship between Astrid and Walter is one of the best parts of the series.

I feel odd saying this, but I kind of dont want an alterverse episode next week. But I am sure they will tie it together very well. I am excited for when they merge again in episodes.

I am excited about the potential comedy of Walter in a Massive Dynamic board meeting.

Last week was good. This week was divine. Great fucking cliffhanger.

As for episode specific threads, this show could not sustain it. They would be so short and there would be too damn much to keep up with. Lost was the last thing that could sustain it for a while.

Solo

It occurs to me that this is the first Fringe season to come out of the gate with 2 great episodes. S1 had the awesome pilot then a crummy second ep, and S2 had two straight mediocre eps to open things. S3 is on fire so far.

gdt5016 said:
I love the concept of switching off universes each episode, but it screeches to a halt when half the episodes won't feature the best part of the show, Peter and Walter (Astrid as well). I'm wary of the odd-numbered episodes right now.

Based on our only evidence so far, last week's episode, Im not worried at all at this point. Agreed on Anna Torv though. For someone who has taken A LOT of flak in these threads the past 2 years, both warranted and unwarranted, for her acting skills, she had really done a wonderful job of infusing Oliviate with lots of subtle differences from Olivia.

Brinbe

Yep, thoroughly excellent episode, enough said.

Also, I think I'm happy with the switching each week because I like this side for the characters, and the other for all the fun differences we often get to spot. And more Alternate-Bubbles wouldn't hurt either <3 :lol

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Funny how the writers killed off Charlie from Fringe, brought him back as fake Charlie, killed him and now he is back as alt-Charlie.

Can you imagine Kirk Acevedo's acting resume.

Played as Charlie Francis, then killed off, returned as fake Charlie Francis then killed off and now playing as Alternate Charlie Francis.

PhoncipleBone said:
Great fucking episode. Walter coming at us in full force. And the continuing relationship between Astrid and Walter is one of the best parts of the series.

I feel odd saying this, but I kind of dont want an alterverse episode next week. But I am sure they will tie it together very well. I am excited for when they merge again in episodes.

I am excited about the potential comedy of Walter in a Massive Dynamic board meeting.

Last week was good. This week was divine. Great fucking cliffhanger.

As for episode specific threads, this show could not sustain it. They would be so short and there would be too damn much to keep up with. Lost was the last thing that could sustain it for a while.

Yea i totally enjoyed this episode and the relationship between Walter and Astrid, funny how Walter went to her first before Olivia and Peter. Makes me wonder how close Walter was to his last lab assistant.

Solo

The thing is too, the show is only going to get balls to the wall crazier and more amazing when the merge/outing of Oliviate inevitably occurs. I can't see them running 2 universes ALL SEASON, so my guess is that SHIT WILL GO DOWN around mid-season.

Willy105 said:
He presumably has access to most advanced technology in existence, now. So it could be possible. But it will just turn him into Walternate, and we would lose our Walter.

Yep. The premiere was the bets of new Fringe, this one is the best of normal Fringe. It's great to have both going back and forth this season.

I foresee Walter setting an entire division of MD aside just to create natural chocolate milk. And bacon flavored pudding.

Solo said:
The thing is too, the show is only going to get balls to the wall crazier and more amazing when the merge/outing of Oliviate inevitably occurs. I can't see them running 2 universes ALL SEASON, so my guess is that SHIT WILL GO DOWN around mid-season.
According to an interview with John Noble things come to a head in
episode 8

And I am very impressed with Torv this past two episodes. Just enough differences between the characters to make them seem totally different.

Solo

PhoncipleBone said:
According to an interview with John Noble things come to a head in
episode 8

Makes sense, scheduling/sweeps-wise. Also seems about the perfect length for this arc. Not undercooked, but not dragged out.

Yaweee

Great fucking episode.

I suspect next week's is what the creators call a "Myth-Alone" like White Tulip; an unrelated case that has a distinct and important spot in character development.

I can't imagine "Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep?" being a standalone episode. Strange seeing Newton being a diminutive bitch in this episode, though. He's a complete badass that comes off as completely submissive. Maybe that explains the upcoming episode title.

Top Bottom