• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

Zoe

Man, Bolivia can't catch a break in this episode.

I bet she and Peter are gonna sleep together by the end though :mad:

RS4-

Damn, the eyeliner and such on Liv, pretty good.

Everytime I see the hitman dude (forgot his name) he reminds me of Chef Ramsay.

Solo

For someone who has gotten so much flak thrown at her over the course of the series, I am continually impressed by Anna Torv's work this season. Olivia and Oliviate are completely different people. I love how Oliviate is obviously a ruthless and compassion-less person trying to act like the Olivia we know on our side, and how the Olivia we know is trying to act cool and badass like Olivianate on the other side. In a sense, Torv is playing 4 characters, and doing it very well.

Brinbe

Solo said:
For someone who has gotten so much flak thrown at her over the course of the series, I am continually impressed by Anna Torv's work this season. Olivia and Oliviate are completely different people. I love how Oliviate is obviously a ruthless and compassion-less person trying to act like the Olivia we know on our side, and how the Olivia we know is trying to act cool and badass like Olivianate on the other side. In a sense, Torv is playing 4 characters, and doing it very well.
Yep, noticed that immediately when Bolivia was introduced at the end of S2. Put all of Torv's prior performances in perspective. That's just how our Olivia is.

Yaweee

Zoe said:
What happened to the shapeshifters not being able to stay in their bodies for very long?

I don't think that was an ever explicitly an issue. The Charlie clone had something wrong with him which made him breakdown over time.

Zoe

That was gif potential on the level of Walter closing the window.

Edit: Dammit, I didn't want to call that :mad:

Yaweee

Damnit. Why do the awesome villains have to die so soon?

We can only hope that somewhere Over There are a Robert David Jones and the person Thomas Jerome Newton took as a form.

It returns Nov 4th, one week earlier than previously stated? Will a game 7 or something delay that?

Brinbe

Definitely a great ep, like a crescendo before the unraveling (I assume) of everything starts to begin when it returns.

Solo

Fantastic episode. Really loved the ending juxtaposition between Newton and Olivianate/Peter. As I mentioned earlier, this was one of those episode where John Noble picks everything up and carries it on his back. Peter banging Olivianate before Olivia? Yeah, thats guaranteed to stretch out the Peter/Olivia will they/won't they for at least another season - Olivia isn't going to be happy to find out Peter has been banging her doppelganger :lol The difference is that, unlike a show like Chuck, Fringe does the relationship garbage the right way. Never is Peter/Olivia the core of the show. Its always been alluded to, but it generally stays out of the way, which I give the writers credit for. Anyways, Fringe is 4/4 this season :D

Also, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU forgot that the show is going on Hiatus for the next 3 weeks :(

Solo

Yaweee said:
We can only hope that somewhere Over There are a Robert David Jones and the person Thomas Jerome Newton took as a form.

Over there, Robert David Jones goes by the name Lane Pryce, and is a partner in a prestigous marketing company known as Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce.

gdt

Dope episode.

Love Altlivia. Love Peter.

Seemingly, Olivia will be returning just in time for sweeps.

TehOh

"There are other machines in this world. I can befriend a vacuum cleaner."

DAAAAMMMNNNN, Altlivia is cold.

Another wonderful episode. It's pure shit that we don't get another one until November.

Yaweee

What if Altvia has to go on the run Over Here, and ends up taking un-alternate Henry Higgins (Andre Royo, taxi guy) hostage to be her guide? :lol :lol :lol

TripOpt55

Great episode. Sorry to see Newton go. He was a cool character. I knew the whole Peter/Alternate Olivia thing at the end was coming, but I still didn't like seeing it. Excellent start to the season. Can't wait for it to comeback.

Solo said:
Over there, Robert David Jones goes by the name Lane Pryce, and is a partner in a prestigous marketing company known as Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce.

And in another universe he is Moriarty! (Or at least in the near future).

So sad to see Newton go. He was also cool on last week's Supernatural.

But damn, Fauxlivia is a cold bitch. LOVE IT! And cannot wait for her to get what is coming to her. Perhaps Astrid will lay the beat down on her.

Anyways, we are 4 for 4 this season. Fucking great start.

Yaweee said:
What if Altvia has to go on the run Over Here, and ends up taking un-alternate Henry Higgins (Andre Royo, taxi guy) hostage to be her guide? :lol :lol :lol
Olivia: Where am I?

Brother Mouzone: You're in Baltimore. Baltimore, Maryland.

ivysaur12

Banned
Yaweee said:
Episode titles:

305:
Amber 31422
306:
6955 kHz
307:
The Abducted

Just saw that.
As much as I like this idea of back and forth, I kind of wish it is over sometime during sweeps so we can send the plot into overdrive.

gdt

The switch over has been working out well, but I look forward to the Over Here episodes way more, I must admit. Peter+Walter+Astrid+Altlivia is just too good.

In fact, just kill Olivia, and keep Altlivia as a traitor to her side.

ivysaur12 said:
Just saw that.
As much as I like this idea of back and forth, I kind of wish it is over sometime during sweeps so we can send the plot into overdrive.
All signs and interviews point towards
episode 8 for the convergence

Top Bottom