• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

Solo

I still can't get over how hot Anna Torv is this year. RAWR! I forgot that the Ashmore brothers were up in this bitch tonight. So glad its back!

Love how Peter is going to keep appearing like a magnificent bastard.

big ander

Solo said:
I still can't get over how hot Anna Torv is this year. RAWR! I forgot that the Ashmore brothers were up in this bitch tonight. So glad its back!

Love how Peter is going to keep appearing like a magnificent bastard.
Yeah, the scene with her in the locker room was awesome. Anna was looking amazing, and Peter was cool as shit.

And oh crap at that explosion. Did everyone get out? I think I only saw 2 bodies. :( What if Charlie died again, as "balance"?

big ander

Cool twist with the twins.
And even though I saw it ahead of time, holy shit at the crossover. I still love the snow globe. Such a cool touch.

big ander

Zoe said:
Did anyone catch at the beginning what kind of pills she keeps taking?
Red pills I think. :p I have no idea.
Which doesn't make sense, because she's trying to be oblivious about the real world by taking the red pill. That's backwards.

HeySeuss

Not sure but its probably an anti-psychotic for her visions of Peter. Figures her mom would sound the holy shit alarm.

Solo

Fucking loved it. Another great episode, and the season is now 5/5! :D I really love the whole Peter-as-Olivia's-subconcious thing they are doing, and I felt the A plot of the episode was pretty touching and the Ashmore brothers did a great job. Anna Torv is really impressing the shit out of me this season.

big ander

Awesome episode.
Glyph code was "Event."
The brothers relationship was really cool. And I love the dream-Peter/Olivia thing. But: if Olivia knows Peter is in her head, couldn't she also think that all of the stuff she saw on the other side was just a dream of hers?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Yeah the Peter Subconscious is pretty effective and believable. That sort of scenario usually comes off as corny but not in this case.

Solo said:
Fucking loved it. Another great episode, and the season is now 5/5! :D I really love the whole Peter-as-Olivia's-subconcious thing they are doing, and I felt the A plot of the episode was pretty touching and the Ashmore brothers did a great job. Anna Torv is really impressing the shit out of me this season.
Agreed on all counts. Two best episodes this season are the two prior ones. The one with the pens, and the shapeshifter one.

Solo

My favorite of the season I think remains episode 2 - exploding dwarf heads! :lol

BlueTsunami said:
Yeah the Peter Subconscious is pretty effective and believable. That sort of scenario usually comes off as corny but not in this case.

Its working because hes not coming off as sappy or preachy, but rather he has this mischievous tone that is really awesome. Its like he's toying with Olivia.

big ander

Next episode is called 6955 kHZ. Think it's been posted but it's worth it again:
WHAT’S THE FREQUENCY, OLIVIA?

ON AN ALL-NEW “FRINGE”

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 11, ON FOX

Back “over here,” the Fringe Division investigates a bizarre phenomenon when 15 people up and down the Eastern Seaboard, all suffer retrograde amnesia from listening to their shortwave radios on the same frequency. Much to Walter’s dismay, Peter presses on with piecing together the mass destruction device. Just as alternate Olivia and Peter’s chemistry deepens, the anticipation of Olivia’s return escalates in the all-new “6955 kHz” episode of FRINGE airing Thursday, Nov. 11 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-306) (TV-14 L, V)

Solo said:
Its working because hes not coming off as sappy or preachy, but rather he has this mischievous tone that is really awesome. Its like he's toying with Olivia.
I couldn't put my finger on why I loved it, but this is it.

Solo

From what I know (and I don't read spoilers, but I had to know this), it appears we now have
episode
_
left on each side before shit hits the fan.

big ander

Solo said:
From what I know (and I don't read spoilers, but I had to know this), it appears we now have
episode
_
left on each side before shit hits the fan.
Yeah. Next ep looks pretty standalone, then the week after has Olivia going back to Henry.

big ander

Jay Shadow said:
That place is gonna get sick of cleaning up snow globes.
Hah yeah. "What the fuck, another one?"
Solo said:
How long now until Walternate figures out about Cortexiphan?
Can't take long. As soon as he knew her ability was given to her in her childhood, I bet he started studying adolescent brain development.

big ander

Rafa=FedKilla said:
Really thought both brothers would get trapped.
So did I, but I'm glad they didn't Matthew definitely didn't deserve to be ambered again. And it was a cool turn by Joshua to sacrifice himself.

TripOpt55

Excellent episode. Loved all the Olivia with Peter in her head stuff. Plus the stuff with the tank and crossing over was pretty awesome. Cool story for the week as well.

Let me in

Walternate looked thoroughly annoyed with Olivia's supposed failure to cross, now she's disposable. That's going to create an interesting dynamic.

I'm impressed by Torv's (and the writers) ability to pepper in our Olivia's personality into her manipulated personality. You can see her exhibiting qualities of our Olivia, like her tendency to dig into mysteries. Love that aspect.

AND if there were to be a showdown I think she's going to have a few of the alter-characters on her side, maybe Broyles, Charlie etc. They like her, and they're not nearly as attached to Walternate's obsession.

big ander

Let me in said:
Walternate looked thoroughly annoyed with Olivia's supposed failure to cross, now she's disposable. That's going to create an interesting dynamic.

I'm impressed by Torv's (and the writers) ability to pepper in our Olivia's personality into her manipulated personality. You can see her exhibiting qualities of our Olivia, like her tendency to dig into mysteries. Love that aspect.

AND if there were to be a showdown I think she's going to have a few of the alter-characters on her side, maybe Broyles, Charlie etc. They like her, and they're not nearly as attached to Walternate's obsession.
I dunno. Every over there is pretty vehemently angry with the other side. I don't think they'd hesitate to take a traitor down, especially if they learned it was a fake Olivia.

Top Bottom