• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

big ander

Kuran said:
Sure.. I watch every episode, but let's be honest. This show sucks.

The way they changed the characters in the alternate dimension was just the nail in the coffin for me.. laughable.
Why was it laughable? They aren't like Nega-Characters. They don't have "opposite" characteristics, just different ones.

Care to lodge any valid criticisms other than "this sucks, I mean I laughed at this COME ON"

ivysaur12

Banned
big ander said:
I'd be super pissed if it gets canceled, but unfortunately that's the way of TV. Only a very minuscule number of shows get to end on their terms.

I've come to terms with it and made peace. I was so pissed at first, got so angry but... I got over it. If it gets canceled, I got 60+ episodes. If not, I get another gift of a season for them to wrap things up with, like Dollhouse season 2.

It's hard though.

big ander

ivysaur12 said:
I've come to terms with it and made peace. I was so pissed at first, got so angry but... I got over it. If it gets canceled, I got 60+ episodes. If not, I get another gift of a season for them to wrap things up with, like Dollhouse season 2.

It's hard though.
It's hard, but for shows like Fringe it's worth it.
Coincidentally, I still haven't seen any of Dollhouse S2 beyond "Vows." Just didn't have time. I'll need to get the BD this year.

ivysaur12

Banned
big ander said:
It's hard, but for shows like Fringe it's worth it.
Coincidentally, I still haven't seen any of Dollhouse S2 beyond "Vows." Just didn't have time. I'll need to get the BD this year.

There are only 2 mediocre episodes of S2, maybe 1 bad one. It's a *great* string of episodes.

But yeah, I knew there never was going to be a Dollhouse season 3, so I saw the whole thing as a gift. I'll feel the same way if we get a Fringe season 4.

TripOpt55

I've been trying to get my brother caught up on Fringe for a bit. He actually watched the first season when I got it on DVD last year, but then he didn't have a chance to catch up on Season 2 until I got the DVD this year. He told me he watched Northwest Passage last night so we watched Over There after CFB was over tonight. It was pretty cool watching it with someone who hadn't seen it before. Lots of "Oh shit" moments for him and stuff like that. He seemed to really like it. So I saved this whole season on my DVR so I'm going to try and get him all caught up as soon as I can. It will be cool to actually be able to watch it with him weekly. Only other thing we both watch now is The Walking Dead.

big ander

TripOpt55 said:
I've been trying to get my brother caught up on Fringe for a bit. He actually watched the first season when I got it on DVD last year, but then he didn't have a chance to catch up on Season 2 until I got the DVD this year. He told me he watched Northwest Passage last night so we watched Over There after CFB was over tonight. It was pretty cool watching it with someone who hadn't seen it before. Lots of "Oh shit" moments for him and stuff like that. He seemed to really like it. So I saved this whole season on my DVR so I'm going to try and get him all caught up as soon as I can. It will be cool to actually be able to watch it with him weekly. Only other thing we both watch now is The Walking Dead.
Heh whoa that's funny: the only two shows my brother and I watch are also Fringe and TWD.
Unfortunately, he hasn't watched ANY of s3 yet. I keep telling him he has to.

TripOpt55

big ander said:
Heh whoa that's funny: the only two shows my brother and I watch are also Fringe and TWD.
Unfortunately, he hasn't watched ANY of s3 yet. I keep telling him he has to.
Ha... that is funny.

How could your brother not want to watch Season 3 immediately :lol I think if my brother didn't have to go to work tomorrow, he may have watched the S3 premiere right away. He needs a day or two to let his mind wander about what will happen next anyway so it's better off this way.

big ander

TripOpt55 said:
Ha... that is funny.

How could your brother not want to watch Season 3 immediately :lol I think if my brother didn't have to go to work tomorrow, he may have watched the S3 premiere right away. He needs a day or two to let his mind wander about what will happen next anyway so it's better off this way.
I dunno, he's weird. He far prefers MOTW episodes, and he originally hated the growing mythology. I've tried to get him interested, and I think I did, but I'm gonna let him take his time :p

big ander

Press release for 3x09
"Marionette"
BROKEN HEARTS AND STOLEN PARTS ON AN ALL-NEW “FRINGE” THURSDAY, DECEMBER 9, ON FOX

When the Fringe Team investigates a case where a victim had his heart extracted, it’s just the beginning of a series of mysterious and reanimating events tied together. Meanwhile, Peter comes to terms with the reality of his relationship with Olivia in the all-new “Marionette” episode of FRINGE airing Thursday, Dec. 9 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-309)

Cast: Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop; Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth

Guest Cast: Mark Ivanir as The Gentleman; Anja Savcic as Amanda Walsh; Michael Bean as Grant Russo; Michael Coleman as Ben Killenburg; Barbara Tyson as Mrs. Walsh; Genevieve Buechner as Tabatha; Elizabeth McLaughlin as Dr. Alexandra Ross

And "It's that good" Promo for 3x08

Tokubetsu

We're only seven episodes in but so far, this is shaping up to be the strongest season. Really happy that the show is finally living up to it's potential.

big ander

Tokubetsu said:
We're only seven episodes in but so far, this is shaping up to be the strongest season. Really happy that the show is finally living up to it's potential.
Yep. And I loved both seasons 1 and 2. 3 is so fuckmazing so far.

ivysaur12 said:
I really hope people listen to that promo :lol
I sure hope so too.

ivysaur12

Banned
It seems 3x09 is our fall finale. That means we're going to get a nice 13 episode spring.

I really really hope Fridays work out, I need more of this show in my life.

big ander

ivysaur12 said:
It seems 3x09 is our fall finale. That means we're going to get a nice 13 episode spring.

I really really hope Fridays work out, I need more of this show in my life.
No episode on the 16th, you think? Makes sense I guess, splitting it into 9 and 13.
Fridays are going to be rough...maybe not. It's not like I do anything.

MrDenny

Anna Torv wrapping a goat :lol
wv8ivt.jpg

Is the new episode tonight or tomorrow?

big ander

I would have liked Peter to be a little more pissed in that scene (both at himself and Bolivia) but it was still tense as fuck.

And the Red/Blue title sequence! So freaking cool.

Solo

HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU NEW CREDITS AGAIN. Best yet!

Awesome opening. Joshua Jackson fucking killed it. Also, Olivianate with the ponytail at the end? Yummmm.

HeySeuss

big ander said:
I would have liked Peter to be a little more pissed in that scene (both at himself and Bolivia) but it was still tense as fuck.

And the Red/Blue title sequence! So freaking cool.
I wish he would have gotten at least one or two answers. Even ones we already knew the answer to.

big ander

Solo said:
HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU NEW CREDITS AGAIN. Best yet!

Awesome opening. Joshua Jackson fucking killed it. Also, Olivianate with the ponytail at the end? Yummmm.
She wore the hell out of those PJs. Mmmmhmmm.

Solo

OMG Walter's story about sleeping in the wrong house for days :lol :lol :lol :lol

Written by showrunners Wyman and Pinkner and directed by Brad Anderson, who always does greatr episodes. This should be awesome. Also, still a huge fan of the transitions between universes. Slick as hell.

big ander

Solo said:
OMG Walter's story about sleeping in the wrong house for days :lol :lol :lol :lol

Written by showrunners Wyman and Pinkner and directed by Brad Anderson, who always does greatr episodes. This should be awesome. Also, still a huge fan of the transitions between universes. Slick as hell.
I think they're sweet. I'm still shocked some don't understand the transition.

Top Bottom