• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

The fuck that's Newark Penn Station.

What's with this clean shit, no homeless people, and no Liquor Store that was always an important stop after meeting my friends coming to visit.

WHERE is the GODBLESS YOU homeless guy?!?! (Astrolad knows what I mean).

Solo

Peter is beasting tonight - in full on BAD ASS mode. Calling the bluff on the shapeshifter was soooo awesome. Then his diss of Olivianate was the icing on the cake.

big ander

Peter, you're a genius. A real fucking genius.

If Peter-Altliv becomes a real thing I'ma cut a bitch. Seemed like he dissed her at first, but then he saw the photo strip. Peter, who gives a fuck if she likes you: she wanted to destroy your world.

big ander

Looks like he'll be a new intermediate villain.
Another marvelous episode.
AltBroyles death was fucking gruesome. Brutal shit right there.
I wanted to cry at Olivia waking up. She doesn't know how badly Peter accidentally betrayed her.
Who do you think will take over as new leader of Red Fringe Unit: Bolivia or Lincoln? Wonder how they'll explain away Altbroyles. I also wonder if Bolivia knows he was killed to allow her to cross.
Cross was the glyph code, btw.

KdoubleA

While I don't hate the MOTW episodes I do feel like Fringe is at its weakest when it deals with them. I really wish they would stick to the serialized episodes and the First people/ Alt universe mythology.

Solo

Well, that lived up to the hype fully for me. A completely awesome and satisfying conclusion to the season's arc so far, and definitely the best episode this season. Peter was on another plane of boss-ness, Walter was fucking firing on all cylinders, and I really loved how both plots were finally tied together. The acting was especially great in this one. Joshua Jackson was fantastic and I continue to be incredibly pleased with Anna Torv. Season is bonafide 8/8, baby!

Also, loved the pilot throwback with Olivia back in the tank :D

Zoe

big ander said:
Who do you think will take over as new leader of Red Fringe Unit: Bolivia or Lincoln?

Lincoln has seniority and outranks her... but she knows more... hard to say.

big ander

KibblesBits said:
A brief respite imo is needed. A lot of stuff just went down.
Agreed. Next weeks MOTW looks appropriately creepy, and should be a good break.
neojubei said:
Damn is right.. Wow Walternate is EVIL
I keep wanting to think that, and then I remember other things: each event has killed so many over there. The one in the East River that was mentioned tonight killed dozens of kids. His brutality isn't justified (due to the fact that it's all a war that he's perpetuated) but it's not impossible to understand.

Solo said:
Well, that lived up to the hype fully for me. A completely awesome and satisfying conclusion to the season's arc so far, and definitely the best episode this season. Peter was on another plane of boss-ness, Walter was fucking firing on all cylinders, and I really loved how both plots were finally tied together. The acting was especially great in this one. Joshua Jackson was fantastic and I continue to be incredibly pleased with Anna Torv. Season is bonafide 8/8, baby!

Also, loved the pilot throwback with Olivia back in the tank :D
Such a great callback to season 1.
And sometimes an episode is so intensely awesome that I forget the humor moments. "Don't shoot yourself." "I don't think I need a gun." :lol :lol :lol

Zoe said:
I'm thinking Bolivia just because she does know about the other side now. In fact, that could happen and cause some friction over there when Lincoln doesn't understand.

HeySeuss

KdoubleA said:
While I don't hate the MOTW episodes I do feel like Fringe is at its weakest when it deals with them. I really wish they would stick to the serialized episodes and the First people/ Alt universe mythology.
Agreed. But as long as they sprinkle in enough plot advancement I guess I can deal with it.

Solo

big ander said:
Such a great callback to season 1.
And sometimes an episode is so intensely awesome that I forget the humor moments. "Don't shoot yourself." "I don't think I need a gun." :lol :lol :lol

"It's highly understandable. I once slept in the wrong house for 3 days and the woman I shared my bed with looked nothing like my wife!"

Fuck, I was howling at that :lol :lol

Zoe said:
I'd say Lincoln because she knows more and it has to stay that way. There would be no way for Walternate and her to explain why she leapfrogged over Lincoln in rank without telling them they've been lying to the team for months.

Solo

Personally, Im glad they are gonna hit the Olivia/Peter beef head on next episode. Address it promptly and then move on is the way to go. Most other shows would instead go the route of having Peter and Olivia get close again and only have the truth about Peter and Olivianate come out very late in the season.

gdt

Holy fuuuuck what an awesome episode.

Peter took full control this episode, and was badass personified. Hell fucking yes.

RS4-

My God, Olivia looked so good when she was talking to Broyles in the cell. Even with the lines around her face...so good!

KdoubleA

BTW, what ever happened to Olivia's old lover (John Scott) from the first season? (the guy who stars in Human Target). Wasn't he being revived at some point at Massive Dynamics? Or am I forgetting something? Haven't seen the first season since it aired.

big ander said:
I keep wanting to think that, and then I remember other things: each event has killed so many over there. The one in the East River that was mentioned tonight killed dozens of kids. His brutality isn't justified (due to the fact that it's all a war that he's perpetuated) but it's not impossible to understand.

How did he perpetuate it (I've missed two episodes this season)? I thought all the issues were still caused by Walter?

Zoe

KdoubleA said:
BTW, what ever happened to Olivia's old lover (John Scott) from the first season? (the guy who stars in Human Target). Wasn't he being revived at some point at Massive Dynamics? Or am I forgetting something? Haven't seen the first season since it aired.

They were only trying to rip data from his brain. He was dead.

big ander

KdoubleA said:
MD just saved his body to download his brain, essentially. He never came back to life (other than in Liv's head).
Beat!

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
KdoubleA said:

He became a free agent and is hired to be a bodyguard to the wealthiest people in the world

KdoubleA said:

I think they were building Massive Dynamic to be a villain, but they became less. Or we just saw them as the villain because of the mysterious Dr. Bell.

big ander

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
How did he perpetuate it (I've missed two episodes this season)? I thought all the issues were still caused by Walter?
I could be making stuff up, but I thought that by now Walternate had realized that there isn't a war, it was just Walter trying to get his (not) son back. So Walternate is portraying it as a full-blown war when it's actually much smaller.
For some reason, it feels like I make shit up in my head a lot when it comes to this show, though.

Peter Bishop is tired of your bullshit.

Awesome. Probably top 3 for me. Just so fucking awesome. Man From the Other Side is still king for now.

I was confused. How exactly did the
isolation chamber in the lab allow Olivia to teleport between universes?
Didn't the one on
the alternate Liberty Island just send her consciousness over?

TripOpt55

Wow. Best episode of the season I think. I didn't know that we would be in both this week since I avoid any spoilers so that was a cool surprise. Loved the new opening. Very cool. Didn't expect Alt-Broyles to replace Alt-Olivia like that towards the end when she went over there. That was a very satisfying end to this arc. Also, loved her going back in the tank. That was great. An excellent episode.

El Pescado said:
I was confused. How exactly did the
isolation chamber in the lab allow Olivia to teleport between universes?
Didn't the one on
the alternate Liberty Island just send her consciousness over?
Not sure if we really need spoiler tags at this point, but just in case:
No, she physically traveled from Liberty Island but couldn't stick there. The walls of the tank were blacked out during the deprivation process so the people outside never saw her physically transport. When she was in the lab she used an extra dose of cortexiphan to put her power over the top.

bathala

Banned
I actually felt sorry for Olivia when she was inside that cell.

poor alt-Broyles.

Tempting Walter through his stomach :lol

big ander

Jay Shadow said:
No, she physically traveled from Liberty Island but couldn't stick there. The walls of the tank were blacked out during the deprivation process so the people outside never saw her physically transport. When she was in the lab she used an extra dose of cortexiphan to put her power over the top.
Yep, this is how I understood it.

Jay Shadow said:
I guess what I don't get is how did Walternate pull her back if she was physically transporting? Did he not and she just needed the extra Cortexiphan to stick? Those scenes of them pulling Olivia out of the depravation tank are throwing me off...

Also, Fauxlivia is evil. Evil. Evil. Evil. ...or is she?

big ander

El Pescado said:
I guess what I don't get is how did Walternate pull her back if she was physically transporting? Did he not and she just needed the extra Cortexiphan to stick? Those scenes of them pulling Olivia out of the depravation tank are throwing me off...

Also, Fauxlivia is evil. Evil. Evil. Evil. ...or is she?
I think it's exactly that: she needed more cortexiphan to stick.

Bolivia is bad, but not evil. I think she'll turn around.

Top Bottom