• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Mojo said:
Bangs are called a 'Fringe' in many countries, true story

Yep, a "fringe cut". I personally find the look extremely attractive but sometimes women go overboard with it and it looks like their hair is eating their face.

mm04

GDJustin said:
Yeah my wife pointed this out. Peter is totally going to be thinking (and should be SAYING) "I've seen you naked."

If him and Olivia do ever hook up he's probably going to be really disappointed, because BOlivia is probably way more wild in the sack. I bet regular Olivia just lays there :lol

Yeah, I can't wait till next week. In the preview
Olivia tears the sheets off her bed
, so I'm pretty sure he tells her what went down :lol .

Let me in said:
Who in their right mind would pick Dr. Brennan from "Bones?"

Of that list, the two biggest brains are obviously Sheldon Cooper and Walter Fucking Bishop, and Walter wins by a large margin. The man crossed universes and is working on a way to create actual chocolate milk!

squicken

I mentioned this a few weeks ago, but I really hope we don't have to deal with Ross/Rachael shit b/c Peter boned the other Olivia. It's predictable and boring and I hope the show doesn't stoop to such tripe.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
GDJustin said:
Yeah my wife pointed this out. Peter is totally going to be thinking (and should be SAYING) "I've seen you naked."

If him and Olivia do ever hook up he's probably going to be really disappointed, because BOlivia is probably way more wild in the sack. I bet regular Olivia just lays there :lol

Continuing this line of thinking to its obvious conclusion: Peter is now in a situation where he could potentially hook up a threesome with TWO OLIVIAS. :D:D:D

It wouldn't even really be too much of a stretch for Olivia, either. It's not like it's another woman. It's... herself.

big ander

GDJustin said:
Continuing this line of thinking to its obvious conclusion: Peter is now in a situation where he could potentially hook up a threesome with TWO OLIVIAS. :D:D:D

It wouldn't even really be too much of a stretch for Olivia, either. It's not like it's another woman. It's... herself.
That'd be hot.

big ander

Keyser Soze said:
I only know Bones and Walter... WHO ARE THE OTHERS? Am I missing much?
Sheldon can be reasonably alright on Big Bang Theory, and I know people love Mad Men so Peggy's probably legit. But I don't think you're missing anything by not watching two CBS crime procedurals.

And if you look at the poll as the smartest people, as in highest intellect, it has to be Walter and Sheldon Cooper. Walter wins not just for being a better character and funnier, but the man crossed universes. Sheldon would only theorize it and never actually do it.

Cipherr

PhoncipleBone said:
And if you look at the poll as the smartest people, as in highest intellect, it has to be Walter and Sheldon Cooper. Walter wins not just for being a better character and funnier, but the man crossed universes. Sheldon would only theorize it and never actually do it.

I like madmen and all but peggy shouldn't be on that list. On the show, she is intelligent, but her character isn't genius the way that the others are.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I don't know if this got answered a few pages back or not, but why is it that Olivia was able to permanently stay in her home universe this time instead of getting pulled back? Was there some force that kept her stuck to whichever universe she was in through other means that she couldn't break without the Cortexiphan boost? I know some had been speculating before this week's episode that it was because of Altlivia's presence, but I guess that's pretty much wrong since Olivia was back for a good long while before Altlivia was sent back?

big ander

DarthWoo said:
I don't know if this got answered a few pages back or not, but why is it that Olivia was able to permanently stay in her home universe this time instead of getting pulled back? Was there some force that kept her stuck to whichever universe she was in through other means that she couldn't break without the Cortexiphan boost? I know some had been speculating before this week's episode that it was because of Altlivia's presence, but I guess that's pretty much wrong since Olivia was back for a good long while before Altlivia was sent back?
It wasn't that long that Ourlivia was back. I'd say 15 minutes max. It could have just been that the Cortexiphan kept her stuck for that long.
Alternatively, Walternate could have been pulling her back each time. I don't know.

big ander said:
It wasn't that long that Ourlivia was back. I'd say 15 minutes max. It could have just been that the Cortexiphan kept her stuck for that long.
Alternatively, Walternate could have been pulling her back each time. I don't know.

If you're conducting research on a subject that can traverse dimensions why would you just send the subject over without some method of preventing potential escape? That's a failed method of research. Walter was bringing her back each time IMO.

Hobbun

I finally had a chance last night to watch Thursday’s episode and really enjoyed it. The only thing I really, REALLY don’t want to see the writers do is try to continue the love interest with Peter and Olivia
(now the ‘real’ Olivia).

I think it is great they have a close bond with one another, but whenever a TV show tries to force that romantic relationship, when it does not start out that way, it almost always ruins the series.

I would just rather they remain very close friends with each other.

Solo

FRINGE is smart enough to never have Peter/Olivia be the MAIN thrust of the show. Its always in the background, which is why it works.

Solo said:
FRINGE is smart enough to never have Peter/Olivia be the MAIN thrust of the show. Its always in the background, which is why it works.
Yup. And now there is going to be a wedge, but it will be fine as the characters and writers are smart enough not to hammer it into the ground.

The best part about this episode is that it was entirely character driven. There were no outside influences that forced anyone to do anything; every single action that every character took had a very personal motivation behind it that made complete sense for that character. An expertly crafted story all around.

One of the women in the office her husband watches Fringe and she's warmed up to it. Today we were talking about Friday’s episode and I mentioned the intro credits transition. I explained to her how you can tell what earth the episode will be based on depending on the intro colors at that moment you can see the gears turn and she was amazed. It's cool how a show like this comes around and sparks interesting moments like that.

big ander

Semi-spoilery sneak peek for 3x09 Marionette
John Noble will be live tweeting both the East coast and West coast airings of this weeks episode

This week is the mid-season finale, but the show is coming back a week earlier than expected: Friday, January 21st at 9/8c is the new time.
That announcement was accompanied with a mini-press release on 3x10, titled Firefly. I don't know if that's supposed to be a cruel joke or an ominous sign :lol
"FRINGE" TRAVELS TO NEW NIGHT AND TIME BEGINNING FRIDAY, JANUARY 21, ON FOX
Christopher Lloyd ("Back To The Future") Guest-Stars in Midseason Premiere

The midseason premiere of hit series FRINGE will air Friday, Jan. 21 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT), following the season premiere of KITCHEN NIGHTMARES (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
In the "Firefly" midseason premiere, which kicks off a string of six all-new episodes of FRINGE, an Observer makes contact with the Fringe Team to help rectify a mistake. Meanwhile, WALTER (John Noble) befriends one of his musical heroes (guest star Christopher Lloyd).
The
Christopher Lloyd episode!
Nice.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I'm holding out hope because of Human Target. Didn't it start midweek, then get moved to Fridays, then just recently moved back to Wednesdays? Also, along that topic, are Ilsa Pucci and the thief girl part of the comic, or did the execs think the main team was becoming too much of a sausage-fest?

Yaweee

DarthWoo said:
I'm holding out hope because of Human Target. Didn't it start midweek, then get moved to Fridays, then just recently moved back to Wednesdays? Also, along that topic, are Ilsa Pucci and the thief girl part of the comic, or did the execs think the main team was becoming too much of a sausage-fest?

Human Target, The Good Guys, and Lie To Me are like a giant torso-heap that Fringe is taking cover behind.

big ander

I really hope that with other underperforming shows and a dedicated following, Fringe can keep a strong audience.
But I'm not 100% confident that'll happen. :/

BluWacky

DarthWoo said:

Too much of a sausage-fest.

Can't say I blame them, that's exactly what I thought about it in its first season, which is partly why I stopped watching it. Besides, it's nothing like the comic, which has Chance taking on his clients identities to protect them rather than just being a bodyguard for hire.

Ashhong

DarthWoo said:

I dont know about HT's move to Fridays, but its getting taken off the air in April. Whether it will be back for more next season is unknown but I don't think its likely. Not sure if thats a good show for Fringe to follow :lol

Zoe

Wednesday is a bad day to be on no matter what because of Idol. HT is getting pushed out because Idol increases to 1.5 hours later in the season.

Gonna have to miss tonight's episode. Going to a screening of Black Swan :(

CrankyJay

Banned
Zoe said:
Wednesday is a bad day to be on no matter what because of Idol. HT is getting pushed out because Idol increases to 1.5 hours later in the season.

It's already done until January I think.

edit: Oh snap, it's new tonight!

big ander

Zoe said:

Perfectly valid reason to miss an episode. Can't wait to see that movie.

big ander

Pinker and Wyman talk Marionette, the move to Fridays, and what's to come in January

I started to pick out quotes but honestly the whole article is awesome, so click on through.
My thoughts:
-I hope they do the whole "Olivia's now shattered" thing well.
-
No more alternating universes for a while, but we will go back there eventually. Sounds good.
-The network didn't want to do alternate universes at all. Damn. Glad they saw the light, because as Wyman says: “The alternate world storyline really allowed us to explore the characters deeper via their doppelgängers, to illuminate characters we already know. It’s been a real gas for all of us involved in making the show.”
-
As we already know "Firefly" is going to be about the observers, but we're also getting more First People in the second half! Fuck yes!
-
"Firefly"
was written before the time-slot change. Heh.
-Wyman: “We hope our fans follow us to Friday night. It’s a much easier marketplace, and Fox is going to really support it; they think there’s a real opportunity to reinvent the night.” Adds Pinkner: “If this felt like a vote of no confidence from Fox, I’d be concerned. But they’ve verbalized the opposite. They think we have a better chance at staying on the air for years to come, which, of course, is what we want, because by design, we have years of story left to tell.”

Top Bottom