• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

"Hey Joe, get in here; somebody cut this guy's heart out!"

*guy wakes up, asks for help*

*gaping hole in chest where heart should be*

Umm, what?

Solo

Man, that was rough. Poor Olivia :(
She was obviously devastated but in classic Olivia fashion, rationalized away Peter's actions.

Solo

Did Walter screw up Astrid's name twice in that scene between them? I coulda sworn he first called her Astor, then when she left he referred to her as Astral :lol

HeySeuss

Solo said:
Did Walter screw up Astrid's name twice in that scene between them? I coulda sworn he first called her Astor, then when she left he referred to her as Astral :lol
He's only gotten her name right once, and it was so shocking that she actually told him he got it right.

Solo

Well that was creepy as fuck. For a show that routinely delves into the creepiness, that might have been the farthest step yet.

HeySeuss

This is quite possibly the creepiest scene of this show I've ever seen. I like it.

He must be a Miyamoto fanboy. He took his idea of a marionette game to extremes.

Fringe continues its hot streak. Really, this is the best show on TV for me right now. Fantastic stuff! Love how they are handling the Peter/Olivia story.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Gah, what happened? My cable cut out with 10 minutes to go? Last thing I saw she had her eyes open but was looking around like a caged animal.

Shick Brithouse said:
I'm not sure who I feel more sorry for. Both of them are hurt badly. Great execution.

And observers/first people ftw!

For a sci-fi show that is steeped in fantasy, her reaction felt real. Anna Torv did a tremendous job this week.

Solo

Another winner for me! Far from the best of the season and definitely a come-down from last week, but that was completely expected. I thought the MOTW was a pretty neat take on Dr. Frankenstein and the parellels drawn between the case and Olivia's journey were quite nice. I thought Anna Torv was wonderful in this again. 9/9 this season.

Also, I must say that I really loved the shot near the end with Peter sitting alone outside with two empty chairs in the frame.

HeySeuss

mre said:
Gah, what happened? My cable cut out with 10 minutes to go? Last thing I saw she had her eyes open but was looking around like a caged animal.
She wasn't herself and attacked him and bit his throat out.

Nah, she lived for about 5 minutes and died in a chair. Kind of anti-climatic actually.

Fridays. Is that bad?

Good episode. Finally, we have some emotion about what's been happening. I can really feel for Olivia, and she totally has a right to ask "why didn't you know it wasn't me?"

Guardian Bob said:
Fridays. Is that bad?

Good episode. Finally, we have some emotion about what's been happening. I can really feel for Olivia, and she totally has a right to ask "why didn't you know it wasn't me?"

I don't think it is as bad as we think. FOX knows this show has a sustainable, albeit low, audience and I think Friday night might be the best night for it on their lineup. I'm confident it will stick around until the end of next season at least.

Guardian Bob said:
Fridays. Is that bad?
Well, Fox's logic is that 45% of their audience DVRs it so it really doesn't matter what day it's on. Get used to more Sprint product placement.

On the bright side, they're the only show that I watch that actually bothered to have a promo telling me exactly when it's coming back next year, so they're at least putting some effort into it.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Shick Brithouse said:
She wasn't herself and attacked him and bit his throat out.

Nah, she lived for about 5 minutes and died in a chair. Kind of anti-climatic actually.

Hah, thanks. What happened with Olivia at the end?

Solo said:
Long term? Yes. Short term? Won't effect anything for the remainder of S3.

At a certain point FOX has got to start asking themselves "How many times can we switch up the shows on Friday thinking we are going to get a winner?" Truth is, if everything fails on Friday night, you might as well stick with something for a while. I just hope they have the good sense to come to the realization that they should stick FRINGE for the foreseeable future.

Solo

mre said:
Hah, thanks. What happened with Olivia at the end?

She was upset over something Dr. Frankenstein said which paralleled her situation ("I looked into her eyes and I knew it wasn't her") and she finally cracked and told Peter basically that she couldn't handle it, and was quite sad that he wasn't able to tell he wasn't with Olivia. Anna Torv sold the shit out of it.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Wait, does Broyles usually call himself Colonel Broyles on the phone like that? I know he asked a politician during some testimony to call him that in the first season, but that he's technically retired from the military. Just sort of threw me off a bit, but I might not have been paying attention.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I love the way they're handling the Olivia Peter situation. They could have just wrapped it up but its more interesting seeing them trying to work this out.

Also the preview for the return after the break is just nuts

The episode in general was definitely very good for a MOTW. The premise isn't new but it was done with style and the whole dead ballerina scene was disturbing as hell.

Top Bottom