• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

big ander

Memles has White Tulip as one of his top 10 episodes of 2010, and for good reason.
Cafeman said:
In the past month, I have watched Seasons 1 and 2 of Fringe (netflix). I missed all of the season 3 episodes so far. So Olivia at end of Season 2 is trapped by Walternate on earth2 and beautiful auburn-haired skankier Olivia is in congnito on Earth1.

Where do you recommend I can catch up, for free? I don't want to buy eps on Zune / Xbox live. I checked around a bit but episodes 1-5 don't seem to be online anywhere that I could see.

I haven't read a thing in this thread and will only check for responses to my question. Love the show!
Unfortunately, only episodes 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 are on hulu and fox.com. So to get 1-4, you'll either have to purchase them online or find other "workarounds." Google may help.
Glad you're enjoying it.

Cafeman

I checked and looks like Fox is airing repeats. 12/25 is S3 ep1 "Olivia". I guess I'll wait and hope they are all repeated.

big ander

I don't think it's that depressing. It's basically saying "Friday is, unfortunately, often the place shows go to die. Fringe is going to bring it to life, just you watch."

soldat7

big ander said:
This is so awesome. Fox made a sweet trailer for the move to Fridays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrwXij6HthY
A combination of :lol and "fuck yeah"

So sad. This season, aside from the 'Marionette' episode, has been nothing short of incredible. I'd hate to see Fringe die after only 3 seasons, but that appears to be its fate. Luckily, the writers have said all along that they have an escape plan to properly end the show if it comes to that. :|

big ander

soldat7 said:
So sad. This season, aside from the 'Marionette' episode, has been nothing short of incredible. I'd hate to see Fringe die after only 3 seasons, but that appears to be its fate. Luckily, the writers have said all along that they have an escape plan to properly end the show if it comes to that. :|
Again, I feel like people are getting way too down on the show thanks to that video. That video is supposed to make you see that the show will fight to stay on the air and make you confident that your support is helping. Or maybe I'm staying too optimistic. But like you said, the writers do have an escape plan. So knowing that 1) Fringe is the kind of show that might be perfect for Friday and 2) If it's not it will at least have 3 excellent seasons and a planned ending I can't get too down.

big ander

Crazy theory/spoiler/discovery for what 3x10 will be about:
http://www.fringetelevision.com/2010/12/spoilers-for-310-firefly.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Basically, there's this series of Fringe "Graphic Novels" for Sprint users. The story told in them is of
Bobby Joyce, who we can assume is the son of Christopher Lloyd's upcoming character Roscoe Joyce. An Observer is watching him. First we see Bobby have a dream of his father in a nursing home. Then, a young girl named Madison gives Bobby a nickel to make a payphone call. Bobby makes his call, Madison goes home. Madison goes outside to catch fireflies while her father quickly goes inside. We then see, from very far away so that we can't see faces, a young boy catch a firefly. This young boy is three miles from Madison, and the Observer says she was supposed to catch that firefly. He never saw the boy catching the firefly as a possibility at all; it was an unforeseeable outcome. Because she doesn't, she goes and gets lost in the woods, making her father late for work when he has to find her. Therefore, her father speeds in his car while listening to Violet Sedan Chair and accidentally hits and kills Bobby Joyce. We then see a replay of the final scene of Marionette.
The last thing to put it together is this snippet from EW:
Christopher plays Roscoe Joyce, a keyboardist for Walter’s favorite 1970′s band Violet Sedan Chair,” explains exec producer J.H. Wyman. Fellow EP Jeff Pinkner adds, “The lives of these two men, who have never met before, overlap in strange and unexpected ways.
Clearly this points towards Peter being the boy. The episode will reveal that, through a long chain of events, ripples have occurred on this side also that have cause the deaths of innocents. Walter inadvertently killed the son of his musical idol.

I don't know how much of the episode this will cover, but I thought it was awesome.

ivysaur12

Banned
big ander said:
Crazy theory/spoiler/discovery for what 3x10 will be about:
http://www.fringetelevision.com/2010/12/spoilers-for-310-firefly.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Basically, there's this series of Fringe "Graphic Novels" for Sprint users. The story told in them is of
Bobby Joyce, who we can assume is the son of Christopher Lloyd's upcoming character Roscoe Joyce. An Observer is watching him. First we see Bobby have a dream of his father in a nursing home. Then, a young girl named Madison gives Bobby a nickel to make a payphone call. Bobby makes his call, Madison goes home. Madison goes outside to catch fireflies while her father quickly goes inside. We then see, from very far away so that we can't see faces, a young boy catch a firefly. This young boy is three miles from Madison, and the Observer says she was supposed to catch that firefly. He never saw the boy catching the firefly as a possibility at all; it was an unforeseeable outcome. Because she doesn't, she goes and gets lost in the woods, making her father late for work when he has to find her. Therefore, her father speeds in his car while listening to Violet Sedan Chair and accidentally hits and kills Bobby Joyce. We then see a replay of the final scene of Marionette.
The last thing to put it together is this snippet from EW:
Clearly this points towards Peter being the boy. The episode will reveal that, through a long chain of events, ripples have occurred on this side also that have cause the deaths of innocents. Walter inadvertently killed the son of his musical idol.

I don't know how much of the episode this will cover, but I thought it was awesome.

That's kind of like
last week's Supernatural.

OnPoint

OnPoint said:
Question, and maybe it's been addressed but I missed that:

Remember back in Season 1 when Olivia crossed to the other side for the first time?

She had blonde hair and everything, but they recognized/interacted with her fine. Is that the same alt-universe, or what?

Anybody?

dLMN8R

Woah what? Olivia crossed over in season 1? I don't remember that at all :lol Can you remind me of the details surrounding that?

I've been watching the show since the beginning and could have sworn alt-universe stuff wasn't introduced until season 2...

dLMN8R said:
Woah what? Olivia crossed over in season 1? I don't remember that at all :lol Can you remind me of the details surrounding that?

I've been watching the show since the beginning and could have sworn alt-universe stuff wasn't introduced until season 2...
She crossed over. Boston was in quarantine, and she talked with alt Charlie when she crossed. Can't remember what episode though.

She did cross over in the season finale though, and met William Bell.

Dead

well not really...yet
Hey guys, remember that chick who was matching the pattern with the bible from early season 2?

:lol

Dead said:
Hey guys, remember that chick was matching the pattern with the bible from early season 2?

:lol

I'll never forget Agent Amy Jessup

...which is weird, as I forget the name's of many other characters on the show :/

big ander

AmyJessup.jpg

NEVER FORGET

And I always thought the alt-universe we saw in The Road Not Taken was the same one.

ivysaur12

Banned
PhoncipleBone said:
She crossed over. Boston was in quarantine, and she talked with alt Charlie when she crossed. Can't remember what episode though.

Oh right. I forgot about the first part.

You think they would have noticed her disappearing, too.

Eh... :lol

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Solo said:
Guys, the product placement wasn't bad at all. They just showed a Sprint phone. No big deal. Its not like Peter said "Hang on a second, Walter. I need to call Astrid on my superfast 4G Sprint phone, complete with video chatting, for the low price of $50 a month. Can you wait a moment?"
I haven't had any problems with Fringe's product placement, though this instance was a bit annoying just because it was so silly that they were video chatting. That was very forced. Generally though, I'd much rather see real phones and operating systems than the blue screens with white text that has always been used on Dexter.

OnPoint

ivysaur12 said:
Oh right. I forgot about the first part.

You think they would have noticed her disappearing, too.

Eh... :lol

Alright. So it appears they just screwed up and didn't plan far ahead enough or look back far enough when setting up the redhead angle. I can accept it with how good the show is otherwise.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
big ander said:
AmyJessup.jpg

NEVER FORGET

And I always thought the alt-universe we saw in The Road Not Taken was the same one.
Santiago will always be in my heart.

PhoncipleBone said:

Near the season finale. It's with the human combustion, the one where peter makes the digitizer for walters records and pulls sound from the glass. Olivia flashes over.

Same episode as the star trek reference for at the time the releasing film.

Kuran said:
What?!!

And where is The Event? Sure that show sucks but at least its something.

Christmas is happening... all shows are gone for a while

Hawaii 5-0 and Sanctuary seem to be the only ones still going at this point

Kuran

Banned
Keyser Soze said:
Christmas is happening... all shows are gone for a while

Hawaii 5-0 and Sanctuary seem to be the only ones still going at this point

Who cares about christmas, people don't care, right?

Kuran said:
Who cares about christmas, people don't care, right?

I dont, but the credits would get much worse.

What Fox are doing right now is best, and if they put out some decent promos in January, and the ratings stay around what they are now in the move to Friday, then Fringe is safe.

I am dreading the first ratings info following the first Friday show though :/ ...a big drop might even kill the show (before this season is over)

I don't think this will get another season based on dvd sales either, like Dollhouse. The first season boxset dropped to ten bucks on Amazon just a couple of months after release. Just doesn't make financial sense in any way for Fox to greenlight a 4th season. I just hope they wrap up the multiverse storyline in a satisfying way.

big ander

Emonga said:
I don't think this will get another season based on dvd sales either, like Dollhouse. The first season boxset dropped to ten bucks on Amazon just a couple of months after release. Just doesn't make financial sense in any way for Fox to greenlight a 4th season. I just hope they wrap up the multiverse storyline in a satisfying way.
Fox doesn't even get DVD profits since Fringe is produced by WB.

But I don't think it'll get canceled before the season is done. Fox has shown devotion to this show and I can't see the ratings dropping that spectacularly.
I'm still holding out hope that it'll be a Friday performer.

Yeah, the only way I see it getting cut short this season, is if the ratings drop by around half in the move to Friday. That could kill it 5 episodes into the move - and could easily happen (fuck people if it does)

A small drop would easily make it live all the way through this season. Keeping the current audience would take it to season 4 IMO, as would any kind of upswing (obviously).

Fox are trying their best here, and I honestly wont blame them if the worst happens with Fringe. If the majority are willing to stick their head in the sand, and watch doctor/cop shit ad nauseum, they they cannot fix that. Sure, they made mistakes before, but they are trying this time.

big ander

Keyser Soze said:
Yeah, the only way I see it getting cut short this season, is if the ratings drop by around half in the move to Friday. That could kill it 5 episodes into the move - and could easily happen (fuck people if it does)

A small drop would easily make it live all the way through this season. Keeping the current audience would take it to season 4 IMO, as would any kind of upswing (obviously).

Fox are trying their best here, and I honestly wont blame them if the worst happens with Fringe. If the majority are willing to stick their head in the sand, and watch doctor/cop shit ad nauseum, they they cannot fix that. Sure, they made mistakes before, but they are trying this time.
Agreed on all counts. Fox definitely made a mistake in moving Fringe from its original position, but they did what they had to and have done their best to keep Fringe alive.

They should really push advertising for the Friday move. It's the only way they can expect to maintain ratings, let alone increase them. Just make alliterative posters, "Fringe. Friday. Fox". Seriously not that hard and easy to remember. They should also promote the reruns as a way for the uninitiated to get into the show.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Fuck. Why'd they have to make that video? Now Fringe is gonna get cancelled too. goddamit, it's like herpes.

big ander said:
Fox doesn't even get DVD profits since Fringe is produced by WB.

meh, just bought season 1 on blu-ray because I wanted to support the show even though I'm not in the US. (though I also bought it because I skipped some of the episodes back then because the show was kinda shitty)

big ander

SolidusDave said:
meh, just bought season 1 on blu-ray because I wanted to support the show even though I'm not in the US. (though I also bought it because I skipped some of the episodes back then because the show was kinda shitty)
Oh yeah, I'm not saying boycott the BDs. I really REALLY want to get my hands on a season 2 set. Hopefully I will after Christmas with some gift cards. Plus, this show is awesome in HD.

Solo

So I was watching the NHL Winter Classic and I had to laugh my ass off when who pops up as a bartender in a Miller Lite commercial but everyone's favorite mistake, Agent Jessop :lol

Fatalah

Brand new Fringe fan here -- I watched all 3 seasons over the last 2 months.

Two thoughts:

+ Wish they were still shooting in NYC.
+ The X-Files aired on Friday nights for years.

Come January 21st, I'll be watching my first episode on live TV! I'm helping the ratings!

ivysaur12

Banned
Fatalah said:
Brand new Fringe fan here -- I watched all 3 seasons over the last 2 months.

Two thoughts:

+ Wish they were still shooting in NYC.
+ The X-Files aired on Friday nights for years.

Come January 21st, I'll be watching my first episode on live TV! I'm helping the ratings!

Unless you're a Nielsen family, you're not helping the ratings.

big ander

Solo said:
So I was watching the NHL Winter Classic and I had to laugh my ass off when who pops up as a bartender in a Miller Lite commercial but everyone's favorite mistake, Agent Jessop :lol
:lol :lol

Top Bottom