• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

TripOpt55

Solo said:
So I was watching the NHL Winter Classic and I had to laugh my ass off when who pops up as a bartender in a Miller Lite commercial but everyone's favorite mistake, Agent Jessop :lol
:lol I missed this one. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Solo said:
So I was watching the NHL Winter Classic and I had to laugh my ass off when who pops up as a bartender in a Miller Lite commercial but everyone's favorite mistake, Agent Jessop :lol
She was in one episode for no more than 10 minutes of screen time, and that's all it took was for the majority of people to jump in and scream that they should can Olivia and focus the show on Jessop. So ridiculous.

big ander

reilo said:
She was in one episode for no more than 10 minutes of screen time, and that's all it took was for the majority of people to jump in and scream that they should can Olivia and focus the show on Jessop. So ridiculous.
Well I know I'm glad we're in this universe and not the one where Torv is getting bit parts in beer ads.

ivysaur12

Banned
ADSLKFJADKL;SFJ

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

http://www.tvline.com/2011/01/fringe-spoilers-violet-sedan-chair/

Exclusive: Fringe Spoilers, But There's a Twist…

BY: MICHAEL AUSIELLO

… they’re hidden in an independent record store near you!

Allow me to explain: In Fringe‘s Jan. 21 episode (its first in its new Friday time slot), Walter comes face-to-face with his musical hero — the keyboardist for the ’70s band Violet Sedan Chair, Roscoe Joyce, played by Christopher Lloyd (Back to the Future).

As a genius tie-in, producers created a vinyl album for the group titled Seven Suns and shipped it to select independent record outlets nationwide. “They’ve been in stores for a couple of months now,” says a show insider.

The best part: Each individual album is different, including specific spoilers and clues about the show embedded in the lyrics (and possibly elsewhere). “They all have unique properties,” says the source.

Now fans just have to find the stores that carry the album. Well, that and figure out who are the real musicians behind the faux group. Says the insider: “We’re keeping that a secret for now.” (Sure, now they decide to be tight-lipped!)

Anyway, Fringe fans, that’s your mission, should you choose to accept it. Find those albums — and email me pics and intel at askausiello@tvline.com! Hurry!

ivysaur12

Banned
PhoncipleBone said:
Fuck. How long before all of it is online?

Posted today, I saw it on twitter. A few hours, tops.

All of our record stores are closed... Hmm. Did they say only independent stores? And I imagine they're in larger markets than Hartford, CT :-\

EDIT: Holy crap, it's a viral video that was posted on YouTube almost a year before the band was even mentioned on the show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfsyYGN_Jpc

big ander

Holy shit that's fucking awesome.
I'm going to try to go to Reckless Records in Wicker Park if I get the chance. Wonder if it would be there.

AND WHAT THE FUCK AT THAT VIDEO. There's no fucking way.

Jexemad

The show wins the People's Choice Awards for Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy Show.

Fuckin' deserves it a million times more!

Good work guys.

I hope through some miracle the ratings are actually up on the 21st. I'd love to see a 2.0 in that slot. That would guarantee a renewal right?

Why do I set myself up like this?

VistraNorrez said:
I hope through some miracle the ratings are actually up on the 21st. I'd love to see a 2.0 in that slot. That would guarantee a renewal right?

Why do I set myself up like this?

If it keeps what it had on Friday, or goes up, I think we could have S4. If it goes down a bit, we will have all of season 3...

....but it is drops like a rock, then it could get canceled early, they'll air reruns of House in its place, and we would have to finish Season 3 by other means :/

I'm scared, hold me

ivysaur12 said:
That blog is so confusing, I can't really follow any of this.

I'm calling all record stores in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Western NY tomorrow :lol I mean, it's not like Lost where there's 15 million viewers per week. What are the chances someone in the same area is this dedicated to look for it?
I don't think you understand how psycho many fans are. :D Once the news broke that the albums were out there, they probably disappeared quite quickly.

Having said that, I might check a few places in CT as well.

ivysaur12

Banned
Keyser Soze said:
If it keeps what it had on Friday, or goes up, I think we could have S4. If it goes down a bit, we will have all of season 3...

....but it is drops like a rock, then it could get canceled early, they'll air reruns of House in its place, and we would have to finish Season 3 by other means :/

I'm scared, hold me

There's no way the show gets pulled early. Fox kept Dollhouse and The Good Guy for the entirety of their runs even after their numbers warranted swift cancelation.

I know someone said they didn't want to do ratings talk, but my predictions:

- 1.7 - 1.9 = Renewal
- 1.4 - 1.6 = Bubble
- 1.3 or below - Cancel town

ivysaur12

Banned
Everything looks great.

I really wish more people were enjoying this show. I had to listen to my uncles talk over Christmas about how they dropped Fringe after it became serialized. It used to be so big, and now...

squicken

Is there a Terra Nova thread? Search yielded nothing.

I was reading a recap of that press conference Fox did. I had no idea they were already making it, and I really had no idea Brannon Braga was running it. So stupid.

I'm using this thread b/c they also said Fringe could get by if it kept Thurs. numbers.

squicken said:
Is there a Terra Nova thread? Search yielded nothing.

I was reading a recap of that press conference Fox did. I had no idea they were already making it, and I really had no idea Brannon Braga was running it. So stupid.

I'm using this thread b/c they also said Fringe could get by if it kept Thurs. numbers.
http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?p=22648881

Also, this article about the Friday move: http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/11/fox-fringe-death-slot/

EW said:
Fox executives told TV critics at press tour that just because Fringe is moving to Fox’s sci-fi death slot on Fridays doesn’t mean the show is necessarily going to suffer the same fate as Dollhouse … and Sarah Connor Chronicles … and Prison Break … and Wonderfalls … and Dark Angel … and — sniff — Firefly.
“I appreciate the support in this room, and I beg you not to write the eulogy prematurely,” said entertainment president Kevin Reilly. “Friday is a troubled night. We are continually looking for a solution on the night. I was happy that Fringe turned up on a number of top-10 lists. We’re looking for it to go a little bit broader with ratings. I really hope fans go with it. Right now, we’re down to a core loyal audience.”
After Fox’s panel, one critic asked if Reilly is worried about Fringe facing The CW’s sci-fi show, Supernatural.
“It’s already been up against much stiffer competition [on Thursdays],” Reilly pointed out (including Supernatural, for that matter), then added that he didn’t know Supernatural was in the same slot so, really, that’s how unworried he is.
“It’s probably a little difficult to join it in progress,” Reilly admitted of the Fringe storyline. “But the show is where it should be. It’s now playing to it’s fans.”
Reilly also refused to write off another, even more troubled, Fox show, Lie to Me: “It can come back. It’s really found its groove. It delivered a very loyal audience wherever we put it.”
Who here thinks Fringe (which costs quite a bit more to produce than Supernatural) can survive on Fridays?

ivysaur12 said:
Everything looks great.

I really wish more people were enjoying this show. I had to listen to my uncles talk over Christmas about how they dropped Fringe after it became serialized. It used to be so big, and now...

I can see the LTTP's thread now....

"Dude, this show is awesome, I watched the first season, but kinda gave up after a few episodes, but I just watched all 3 seasons over the course of a week and OMG IT RULES... It's a pity it is over now"

"I just watched "Ability" FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

*Random mental break downs from people who watch the end of Season 2 in one big batch*

*sees redhead Olivia for first time...* "OMG OMG. Why did you guy not tell me she was (expletive)

...I am going to lose it the first time one of those threads pop up :/

McLovin

I'm gonna try to do my part, Tivo it in the livingroom/watch it in my bedroom/ and the rewatch it on hulu. I got some of my friends watching it too.

big ander

FRINGE - A Message of Hope
They do these videos pretty often, but I thought I'd post this one because it points to one of the reasons the alt universe works so well in Fringe. It is a great way of further fleshing out our characters and giving them more specific traits. The video mostly mentions Broyles, because he's a prime example. Alt-Broyles isn't that different, but the differences are what define the Alt and normal versions. Really gives the characters more depth.

ivysaur12

Banned
PhoncipleBone said:

He says a success would be retaining 80% of its current audience. That's a 1.4 - 1.5.

Let us all hope.

Keyser Soze said:

"Dude, this show is awesome, I watched the first season, but kinda gave up after a few episodes, but I just watched all 3 seasons over the course of a week and OMG IT RULES... It's a pity it is over now"

*Random mental break downs from people who watch the end of Season 2 in one big batch*

*sees redhead Olivia for first time...* "OMG OMG. Why did you guy not tell me she was (expletive)

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck.

I can't live with only 13 more episodes... I need to find out someway to become a Nielsen family.

Keyser Soze said:

Anyone creates an LTTP thread, we should smack 'em a couple times for not watching sooner if it gets canceled.

big ander

From a site that I won't link to out of principle:
Fringe‘s move to Fridays, which takes hold on January 21, is looking more and more like a really terrific thing.
Not only has Fox been promoting the heck out of the time-slot change, but Fringe‘s new “under the radar” home apparently has opened the door for even freakier storytelling.
Noting that Fox “has always been pretty cool” about letting Fringe push the envelope, series creator J.J. Abrams tells [a shitty site run by jerks] that said envelope’s seams have achieved outrageous new levels of elasticity.
“When we made the move and [executive producers] Joe [Chappelle] and Jeff [Pinker] started pitching stuff, we thought, ‘Well, this will probably get a little pushback,’” Abrams shares. “But they [at Fox] were like, ‘OK, sounds good!’”
J.J. didn’t want to spoil what’s to come during the back half of this season by detailing any of the especially “out there” fare. Instead, he vaguely spoke of “visual things” that “if I had done in a film, the PG-13 rating would have been taken from us.”
Fox, however — as touted in the promos — apparently looks forward to its Fridays being freaky. “They have been amazingly and gloriously lenient in what were able to do,” Abrams reports. “It feels like unbridled, unhinged Fringe.”
Fox entertainment chief Kevin Reilly indicated as much speaking to the Television Critics Association winter press tour on Tuesday, saying the Fringe creative team should be feeling “really liberated” in its new time slot. “I think now they can say, ‘You know what? We are playing to our fans — [but are] happy to take anyone new that wants to get on board.”

ivysaur12

Banned
big ander said:
From a site that I won't link to out of principle:

Why do we dislike Ausiello, again? (I opened up TvbytheNumbers and TVLine first when I read what you wrote :lol)

I'm still really nervous abou this move, but it's the only thing that can save Fringe. I just hope it works out. I don't really watch TV live, so can anyone confirm that Fringe is getting a lot of press about the move?

There's also like 6 people who post in this thread. This is so sad. Fringe deserves more.

big ander

ivysaur12 said:
Why do we dislike Ausiello, again? (I opened up TvbytheNumbers and TVLine first when I read what you wrote :lol)

I'm still really nervous abou this move, but it's the only thing that can save Fringe. I just hope it works out. I had something else to say but I can't remember...

There's also like 6 people who post in this thread. This is so sad. Fringe deserves more.
He's just a bad reporter. He wants gripping headlines so he either spoils you without you asking or creates conflict, which usually comes back to bite him. The two things that have me pissed off at him recently:
-He essentially started and perpetuated a conflict between the creators of Big Love and the AV Club. The AV Club interviewed one of the stars at some press junket around noon one day. And that star called the show horrible. Then Ausiello "interviewed" the actress and had her say that the AV Club got her drunk at a late night party and forced her to say that.
-An example of his bad reporting and trying to get page views? "SCRUBS STAR to have a starring role IN COUGAR TOWN!!!!!" *click page* *read 4 paragraphs about how it's Ausiello himself who's getting a cameo in the show*

big ander

Promo photos, don't click if extremely spoiler-wary
normal_310_firefly_129.jpg

normal_310_firefly_125.jpg

normal_310_firefly_137.jpg

big ander

Oh man. Just read a storyline spoiler that has a good chance of coming true. I don't know if I want to post it though, don't want anyone to lose the surprise. Don't go looking for it, trust me.

Yaweee

Abrams did a bunch of interviews over various things in the last few weeks, and Fringe has been one of the frequent topics. Also of note in the interviews is that Sam Neill (Jurassic Park) is starring in his Alcatraz series, a Super 8 trailer should be coming soon, and he still has no real word on Star Trek 2-- no script yet, so he doesn't know if he'll want to direct it or not.

ivysaur12

Banned
Yaweee said:
Abrams did a bunch of interviews over various things in the last few weeks, and Fringe has been one of the frequent topics. Also of note in the interviews is that Sam Neill (Jurassic Park) is starring in his Alcatraz series, a Super 8 trailer should be coming soon, and he still has no real word on Star Trek 2-- no script yet, so he doesn't know if he'll want to direct it or not.

Alcatraz most definitely will be getting a series order, the buzz behind it has been incredibly strong. If Fringe gets canceled, it'll make it a little less bitter :(

But both Fringe and another serialized Abrams show in primetime would be heaven.

Top Bottom