• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

big ander said:
normal_310_firefly_125.jpg

I want those glasses.

big ander said:
Oh man. Just read a storyline spoiler that has a good chance of coming true. I don't know if I want to post it though, don't want anyone to lose the surprise. Don't go looking for it, trust me.
You can't go saying something like that and NOT post it. Just give a huge warning then post. :)

big ander

PhoncipleBone said:
I want those glasses.

You can't go saying something like that and NOT post it. Just give a huge warning then post. :)
Okay.
rumored storyline that could be considered highly spoiler-y
Altlivia will return in season 3, and Altlivia may be pregnant with Peters child.

New press release:
When the Fringe Team visits Massive Dynamic’s assembly of doomsday device, Walter becomes greatly concerned for Peter’s well-being, so he turns to Nina for added brain power to understand the relationship between Peter and the superweapon. Meanwhile, the discovery of a dead body triggers an intense investigation in the all-new “Reciprocity” episode of FRINGE airing Friday, Jan. 28 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-311) (TV-14 L, V)
Now, I'm going to post part of the press release here because it's hilariously vague and applies to about 90% of Fringe: "the discovery of a dead body triggers an intense investigation" :lol
EDIT: whoops, copied this over from another forum that doesn't have discussions as refined and meaningful as the ones here. Ignore the :lol

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
big ander said:
Okay.
Altlivia will return in season 3, and Altlivia may be pregnant with Peters child.

Well, so much for Olivia and Peter getting back together.

big ander said:
Okay.
Hmm...sounds interesting, but at the same time a little too
soap operaish

ivysaur12

Banned
I *really* love the graphical techniques of the black floating letters that Fox uses in its commercials for Fringe. It really fits the tone of the show and they're really cool. Probably better cohesive marketing than anything else on Fox.

big ander

This is sort of cheesy, but a music video recap thingy for season 3. Set to some band called Klaxon, British alt rock I guess. It comes off as one of those fan shipper videos, but it was made my Fox.

Also, super crazy story: according to a blogger on Fringe Television, the Violet Sedan Chair records may have been in stores two years ago. I don't even know what to make of that.
ivysaur12 said:
I *really* love the graphical techniques of the black floating letters that Fox uses in its commercials for Fringe. It really fits the tone of the show and they're really cool. Probably better cohesive marketing than anything else on Fox.
Definitely. For the longest time I've wanted a wallpaper that's just that Fringe text with the floating logo and pieces falling into it. I don't want Sprint in the corner or "watch at 8/7c" :<

Solo

Anyone have any idea what the first episode we will see that was shot post-Friday switch will be? The Firefly is the first Friday-airing episode, but it would have been shot a month or two back.

big ander

"The Firefly" Advance Review from Jace Lacob Minimal spoilers.

Got me so fucking hyped. Holy shit.
AND LOOK AT FUCKING THIS:
(Quick aside: Twin Peaks fans, look for a throwaway shout-out to David Lynch and Mark Frost's seminal series within the episode--both a visual and dialogue cue, in fact--that seems to establish that Fringe and Twin Peaks are, in fact, taking place within a shared narrative universe. A both terrifying and tantalizing proposition, really.)
holy mother fucking shit

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
jesus christ

solidifies the notion that this really is the best tv has to offer this year.

big ander

So I've been thinking about it just a bit...what if Twin Peaks and Fringe really were in the same universe?
What if Fringe became a sequel of sorts to Twin Peaks and played even more homage with it and even went on to talk about the White and Black Lodge?

I'm getting ahead of myself. Check your expectations ander. Breathe.

apoeijrlkzfdjnjr;aewkl;rjlkjxvcnlkajsrihjafkjldbva;iwejroikadjvbfkl;jaklw;ejr!!!!!

TripOpt55

Can't wait for the new episode. My brother has been working on catching up on the show lately, so I've been rewatching Season 3 with him. He's been really liking it. It's pretty fun hearing his reactions to all the stuff that happens. We just finished 6995 kHz last night. I can't wait to see what he thinks of the end of the next episode and then of course Entrada.

big ander

TripOpt55 said:
Can't wait for the new episode. My brother has been working on catching up on the show lately, so I've been rewatching Season 3 with him. He's been really liking it. It's pretty fun hearing his reactions to all the stuff that happens. We just finished 6995 kHz last night. I can't wait to see what he thinks of the end of the next episode and then of course Entrada.
I love watching through shows with people who've never seen them.

One more day. I can almost hear Gene mooing.

Press release for 3x12 is out too.
Another boring unrevealing one but I like the title.
NO BONES ABOUT IT, THE FRINGE TEAM INVESTIGATES A PERILOUS THREAT ON AN ALL-NEW “FRINGE” FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 4, ON FOX

When a scientist falls dead after ingesting a lethal cloud of blue powder and his bones disintegrate in his body, the CDC suspects a biological attack. As the Fringe Team investigates further, a subject from Walter’s past with ties to Olivia reluctantly agrees to assist with the intense case in the all-new “Concentrate and Ask Again” episode of FRINGE airing Friday, Feb. 4 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-312) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop; Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth

Keyser Soze said:
Video is from Fox themselves, so it is very much an advertisement, but they say they pitched a plan to Fox for what 5, 6, and 7 years of Fringe would be like...

...they have plans, and we wont get to see them :/
We most likely wont get to see them. There is a possibility the show will survive on Friday. Slim, but still a chance.

Solo

PhoncipleBone said:
We most likely wont get to see them. There is a possibility the show will survive on Friday. Slim, but still a chance.

Still not sure if I want the show to survive if it means an absolutely gutted budget. In all honesty, I think the absolute best scenario would be if FOX gives Fringe one more season to finish up, and with than finite life, don't slash the budget.

I'm still hoping someone will answer my previous question of what episode they got to before the Friday move... I want to be able to see if there are any notable differences from the pre-Friday to the post-Friday shift.

Zoe

ivysaur12 said:
Anyone watch Idol or Bones last night and know if they promoted the crap out of tonight's episode?

I saw a promo during the 5 minutes or so I was watching Idol last night. Seemed to have clips from the next two episodes.

gdt

ivysaur12 said:
Anyone watch Idol or Bones last night and know if they promoted the crap out of tonight's episode?

Shiiiiit I forgot Bones was on last night. Need my weekly fix of shipping.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Now to nervously wait for the overnights. We'll have a decent idea of Fringe's future within the next 24 hours.

Top Bottom