• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

Solo

Interesting fundamental character difference - Walternate won't experiment on children, while Walter....yeah.

LOL @ bug girl crushing on Charlie. She didn't look at Liv once.

ElRenoRaven

I do have to say that was nice to see that Walternate isn't entirely evil. Also I do agree Olivia with red hair is so much sexier. Course being partial to redheads kind of makes me a bit biased I think.

Solo said:
Interesting fundamental character difference - Walternate won't experiment on children, while Walter....yeah.

LOL @ bug girl crushing on Charlie. She didn't look at Liv once.

Bug girl is so cute!

They are definitely trying to get us to sympathize with the other side.

ElRenoRaven

DoctorWho said:
Bug girl is so cute!

They are definitely trying to get us to sympathize with the other side.

Yes they are and I really like that they aren't going with the cliché one side is evil and one side good route.

big ander said:
Shit, Josie Packard is 20 years older than she was in TP and she barely looks 5 years older.

I thought that was her but my mind couldn't quite process it due to her lack of aging.

Fucking vampires. How do they work?

Somnia

Wow...I knew she would be pregnant, but I honestly did not expect that response out of her. Guess it should have been obvious, but ya.

Solo

Another excellent episode. I really love the other side episodes when we are treated to them. Damn, I really felt for Frank in this one, but at the same time, I felt just as bad for Fauxlivia. Talk about a bad situation. Enjoyed the MOTY - I especially like when its a misguided person striving for a noble purpose in a deranged way rather than a flat out villain. Anna Torv was great in this one. I'm really intrigued to see how the rest of this season shakes down.

big ander

Another great one. I love redverse so much. The other Fringe team is different in all the right ways. Seeing more of Walternate was wonderful.

I'll say it: I felt bad for Fauxlivia. Peter was able to explain to Olivia what happened. Fauxlivia really couldn't do that. And it was clear Frank loved her. It's just too bad Fauxliv is in love with Peter for real.

Theories on what method to cross Brandalt discovered?

Unless I got the glyph codes wrong (and fringe wiki is telling me I probably didn't), this week was "ROMAD" which google is telling me means "Radio Operator Maintainer And Driver." Urban Dictionary describes them as being both incredibly tough soldiers who are also tactical. Members of the USAF.
EDIT: Also, last week was "HATCH" and I have no idea why.

TripOpt55

Great episode. I liked the case for the week. The stuff with Charlie and the bug girl was really funny. I really miss Charlie when he isn't around. Not sure what to think about the pregnancy yet. I guess that ties back into that thing the Observer said too like some people thought a few eps back. Felt bad for Frank. Should be interesting to see where they go with all of this. It was neat to see some more of the alternate universe again.

Solo

My baseless speculation is that while his feelings for Fauxlivia and the impending news of his unborn child will be very rough on Peter, he will end up saying on side. Pete Jr. on the other side will restore the balance that was tipped when Peter was stolen.

big ander

TripOpt55 said:
Great episode. I liked the case for the week. The stuff with Charlie and the bug girl was really funny. I really miss Charlie when he isn't around. Not sure what to think about the pregnancy yet. I guess that ties back into that thing the Observer said too like some people thought a few eps back. Felt bad for Frank. Should be interesting to see where they go with all of this. It was neat to see some more of the alternate universe again.
Yeah, I didn't realize how much I missed getting Alt-verse every other week until this week.
Solo said:
Hatch could have been a fun jab at LOST.
Thought about that, and it must be that. I was just looking for more because every single other one this season is pretty clearly *something* (adapt, cross, amber, escape, etc.)
The Big Rig said:
The bugs hatched out of people possibly?

I'd like it better if it were about Lost though.
Well "hatch" was for last week. So the episode with blue powder and Simon.
Solo said:
My baseless speculation is that while his feelings for Fauxlivia and the impending news of his unborn child will be very rough on Peter, he will end up saying on side. Pete Jr. on the other side will restore the balance that was tipped when Peter was stolen.
Yeah, Peter's sticking with our universe. I'm sure of it.

Onion review - A-

Solo

We're 13 episodes deep in to S3 now, with 9 left. Can't be much more than 2-3 more episodes now until we hit the first one shot post-Friday move.

Epcott

Hmmm, I think I enjoy upbeat and jokey Fauxlivia more than mopey "Peter you cheater" Olivia.

Nice spin with the pregnancy, I guess Fauxlivia will be mopey now too, eh? Or maybe creeped out by "Grand Pappy" Walternate.

I hope the ratings hold steady!

gdt

Great place to take things. Really mixes up the dynamics between both sides. Talk about throwing a wrench in a love triangle.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I'm sure we all could see the pregnancy coming from a mile away but i don't know how i feel about it. It feels off for some reason, like it's just going to bring more angst between all three characters.

Still a great episode though, Fringe continues to maintain that throughout this season.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Pretty interesting softening of Walternate tonight. He had previously been shown to have no limits.

I'm sure this character trait was written in for a reason... the writers want Walternate to be softened up a little for things to come. I'm just curious as to what that will be.

Also, I'm calling it now:

Bolivia dies, but after she gives birth to her kid. Olivia will eventually get over her angst after much drama, and her and Peter will raise the kid together.

mm04

Mutherfuck, I'm addicted to a Sci-Fi soap opera. Torv is awesome. I love her portrayal of O and Faux. I feel like I'm cheating on our Olivia, but damn I don't blame Peter one bit. Frank did get the shit end of the stick. Dude was still willing to accept her had she just said the magic word, but she couldn't. Lincoln pulled a punk move, but not unexpected considering his behavior with her in other episodes.

I swear, we better be able to see this thing to its conclusion. I will lose all faith in television programming if we're robbed of seeing this through. C'mon ratings! Please keep steady at the very least. Now it's nervous time while we wait for the overnights. I hate that shit.

Edit: Oh and that preview for next week...Peter knows how to say the wrong shit at the wrong time. Maybe it was the music that was swaying me, but Olivia did not look amused.

quaere

I don't mind a relationship drama plot being the primary focus if it moves along quickly like this episode. Some other shows would...

- have a MOTW and end on a reveal Altlivia still loves Peter, and then
- have a MOTW and end on the marriage proposal, and then
- have a MOTW and end on the pregnancy.

Instead, we got through all of the above and the breakup all in the same episode.

If you haven't noticed, bug girl is Julie McNiven.
U0cze.jpg

I wonder if she will return. I liked her in Supernatural and Stargate Universe and I'm usually not even into red heads.

squicken

What did the bug guy say to Lincoln right before he died?

Good episode. Definitely removed the stench of last week's terribleness. It's kind of odd they went a whole episode w/o Joshua Jackson or Cedric Daniels. I wonder if that is how they will cut costs going forward? Have they ever done a Torv-less episode?

mm04

squicken said:

Good episode. Definitely removed the stench of last week's terribleness. It's kind of odd they went a whole episode w/o Joshua Jackson or Cedric Daniels. I wonder if that is how they will cut costs going forward? Have they ever done a Torv-less episode?

Something along the lines of make sure they spell my name right.

I'm not sure if this was cost cutting related or not. But I would guess that they had this plot-line mocked up for quite some time.

big ander

squicken said:

I don't think that's how they're cutting costs, considering they were still billed as regulars. Maybe it did reduce the cost still, but I do think they just weren't there for story reasons.

Top Bottom