• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

I'd rather they just leave us with a terribly frustrating cliffhanger than try to wrap up the story if the end truly is upon us.

I'm quite happy with Twin Peaks and it's final episode. I'm sure Fringe will leave me satisfied enough. They gave me 3 seasons of good to great episodes and nothing will change that.

VistraNorrez said:
I'd rather they just leave us with a terribly frustrating cliffhanger than try to wrap up the story if the end truly is upon us.

I'm quite happy with Twin Peaks and it's final episode. I'm sure Fringe will leave me satisfied enough. They gave me 3 seasons of good to great episodes and nothing will change that.

Yep. Nothing wrong with ending on a cliffhanger, especially when so many shows that plan a real ending (BSG and Lost for example) fuck it up so badly.

Not every story needs to be wrapped up neatly.

Hobbun

Screw that.

If they end the show, I want a wrap of of some kind, not continuous speculation of what we think would have happened.

But what FOX really needs to do is just renew Fringe for another year so we don't have to worry about it ending.

Zoe

I could see them giving a short order next season to wrap up the show.

But I don't believe the show is in danger this season.

So, it doesn't matter where she is. Could this happen all over again? Only thing I can think of is to kill her. Why hasn't Fringe division shut it down on other side. They probably have more authority to do it.

Solo

Really enjoyed that one. I liked how it was both a MOTY and a mythology episode simultaneously. The parallels, and ultimately, the similarities between Walter and Walternate are fascinating. And I cannot express how glad I am that Olivia finally got passed "I can't be with you because of my insecurities" and moved into sexy time. That should appease a lot of people who were growing weary of how things have been between her and Peter since she returned from the other side.

Next week: "Peter" 2.0.

ElRenoRaven

God that was another kick ass episode. It was just awesome. I'm glad I DVR them. It allows me to watch them over and over again. lol

Zoe

Great episode!

This is like the fourth or so in a row that I haven't been able to watch live though :\

CrankyJay

Banned
Episode had a weird vibe to it. Does Fringe rotate directors or are they usually the same?

The ending was so dismal for that guy. lol

I did have a cringeworthy moment though when Olivia was trying to convince the old lady to let go...for whatever reason that scene reminded me of the Wizard of Oz.

ElRenoRaven

You know I just had an evil evil thought rewatching the ending. Double baby mama drama. What if our Olivia ends up also preggers by Peter? Would that not be a screwed up twist?

OnPoint

PsychoRaven said:
You know I just had an evil evil thought rewatching the ending. Double baby mama drama. What if our Olivia ends up also preggers by Peter? Would that not be a screwed up twist?

"There's two of everything"

Zoe

PsychoRaven said:

bf was thinking that too :lol

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
PsychoRaven said:

Walternate would have two grandbabies.

Nice episode! Also, do not want jr. Peter meets jr. Olivia.

Oh, and why didn't the old man recognize the other Olivia? I thought he was going to say something.

mm04

Damn, this show just gets better and better. This season, IMO, has been a slam dunk so far. I'm not for or against relationships in shows, one way or the other, but the way the writers have handled this one has been superb. I don't feel like I'm drowning in it and they're still mixing in all the Sci-fi, parallel universe stuff that originally drew me to the show.

That promo for next week looks friggin awesome! When I had read there was going to be a flashback episode, I wasn't too excited. But the preview looks nails.

squicken

It was okay. Seems like though, instead of Ambering the whole block and fracturing the universe, they could have just shot the old bag.

Please let this be the end of the Ross/Rachael crap. Please don't let alter-babby set them apart again and then have it be a dumb plot line

jax (old)

Banned
That was an amazing episode. That old woman deserves an emmy for her extremely heartfelt angst/loss. Really was sold by her acting all the way through. I'm guessing this is the intelligent take on a valentine day episode - what with the romance theme and the oh so "awww" heart at the end. Much much more moving that everything else on that was valentine theme as it wasn't stupid/sappy.

Everyone should be on SAVE FRINGE mode right now, putting up new FB icons + campaigning to get people to watch this. Such a great tv show and it will be a bloody shame if this goes away at the end of S3.

noah111

Still Alive
About to watch the latest two episodes, can't wait. :D Oh, I also decided to rewatch some older episodes and thought some scenes were gif worthy, so here's some avatars I made (call it);

wtsn5l.gif

2q07zib.gif

[EDIT] WTF this show is getting cancelled? WHAT?? Fuck no, if I was in the states I would get people to hold a protest or something, don't let this go down people!

If it does get canned, it better get a nice ending or i'll pull my nails out.

Sentry said:
About to watch the latest two episodes, can't wait. :D Oh, I also decided to rewatch some older episodes and thought some scenes were gif worthy, so here's some avatars I made (call it);

wtsn5l.gif

2q07zib.gif

[EDIT] WTF this show is getting cancelled? WHAT?? Fuck no, if I was in the states I would get people to hold a protest or something, don't let this go down people!

If it does get canned, it better get a nice ending or i'll pull my nails out.

The ratings are going down. It looks grim, but there's still hope.

noah111

Still Alive
I guess I can't relate since I don't watch them once a week as they air (out of country), but I guess the last few episodes I watched were kinda slow.. specifically #11, and the peter becoming weaponized thing, which has not been touched on in #12 which is the last I have watched. I really hope they get a chance to wrap it up nicely, not cliffhanger shit. And are ratings down because no one watches live TV anymore or what? I thought this show was huge.

BoboBrazil said:
So Peter had sex with both versions of Olivia. I wonder if they both have sex the same way and if their pussy feels the same.

Altivia seems to get around more. I say she's the better of the two. Hell, I expect it to be a plotline.

CrankyJay said:
Olivia is a straight up ho bag. Peter didn't have to work but one or two kisses before she led him upstairs.
Well, to be fair, she hasn't gotten any in a LONG time, right? (still, I love the way you phrased that)

Great episode. The plot kind of reminded me of White Tulip, just that it wasn't Walter talking to the "bad guy" this time. I also liked that Peter and Olivia plot line, this show handles relationships a lot better than most shows.
Next week's looks like "Peter" #2, can't wait.

@ Sentry: From which episodes are those GIFs?

Compared to the other networks it seems the show is actually competitive on Friday night. The other networks are doing like 1.7s too according to that article.

ivysaur12

Banned
Watching it now.

I love, love, love this episode. I've been constantly entertained the entire time (30 minutes in now). I also love little touches like Astrid being the one who is reading the seismic charts to the Fringe team like on the other side.

mm04

PhoncipleBone said:
Any improvement is good. It is still down considerably from the first two Friday showings, but it is up from the previous week. Any improvement is good.

At the very least, that stops the downward momentum. I was really worried it was going to drop to 1.2 or something. Next week's episode promo looks awesome, so hopefully it will tick up again.

Top Bottom