• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

Keyser Soze said:
Fucking spoilers and urls doing my head in :/

Still not reading, and if an unmarked spoiler gets through I will encase you in amber!!!
At least I warned you. It is just a minor cameo, but still very cool. It was the lead picture on EW for a few minutes, so it was impossible NOT to see.

PhoncipleBone said:
At least I warned you. It is just a minor cameo, but still very cool. It was the lead picture on EW for a few minutes, so it was impossible NOT to see.

I don't read anything about Fringe outside of this thread (unless someone linked to something good), so I have a good chance of avoiding all spoilers. I am happy to avoid stuff Fox themselves have put out to promote episodes too.

It's probably a bit extreme, but I enjoy episodes more when I know little of what is coming up. I did the same thing with lost from S4 onwards, and it helped with that show too.

Thanks for marking your url link BTW :)

Keyser Soze said:
I don't read anything about Fringe outside of this thread (unless someone linked to something good), so I have a good chance of avoiding all spoilers. I am happy to avoid stuff Fox themselves have put out to promote episodes too.

It's probably a bit extreme, but I enjoy episodes more when I know little of what is coming up. I did the same thing with lost from S4 onwards, and it helped with that show too.

I dont see the previews for most episodes since I hulu them, and dont read much about what is coming up. Promotional photos released I look at, or news of casting or cancellation stuff I do keep up with.

big ander

bathala said:
FYI
Fringe season 1 or 2 on blu-ray 27.99 on amazon
Gah so tempting since I still need the season 2 BD but I'm gonna wait on it.
PhoncipleBone said:
!!!
Promo is fucking awesome and the cameo is cool too.
And I think Jensen has a good idea on what's going to happen.
I definitely think it'll be revealed that Bell erased Peter and Liv's memories.

Clevinger

big ander said:
Maybe he plays the same endearing big guy in everything, but he's not a terrible actor.

Terrible might be stretching it, but he's not a very good actor. Very awkward dialogue delivery a lot of the time. Though I think he got better as that show went along.

Clevinger said:
Terrible might be stretching it, but he's not a very good actor. Very awkward dialogue delivery a lot of the time. Though I think he got better as that show went along.

You know, I think being sort of awkward and shamelessly direct was Hurley's purpose on Lost.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Solo said:
Disappointing cameo. There are people from that show I'd love to see on Fringe, but he isnt one of them.
For reals.

NR1

bathala said:
FYI
Fringe season 1 or 2 on blu-ray 27.99 on amazon

SOLD!

I just rediscovered this show a few weeks ago (The Firefly episode). I haven't watched since the 4th or 5th episode of season 1, because the show just didn't grab a hold of me. I have some serious catching up to do!

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Keyser Soze said:

I feel the same, did it for lost from season 2 till the end.

Keyser Soze said:
No Fringe tonight... :/

Yeah, you guys probably know, but I just realized.
:(

ElRenoRaven

Keyser Soze said:
No Fringe tonight... :/

Yeah, you guys probably know, but I just realized.

Ugh you had to remind me. My night really sucks. I don't have my Kitchen Nightmares or Fringe to watch. That means I have nothing to watch tonight damn it. :(

zychi

Banned
I powered through Fringe the last three weeks and got caught up on Monday, only to find out there's no new episode this week. Bummer.

Show is good. Is there a good chance it'll continue next season too? Being on Friday doesn't normally work out to well for tv shows that I've liked.

zychi said:
I powered through Fringe the last three weeks and got caught up on Monday, only to find out there's no new episode this week. Bummer.

Show is good. Is there a good chance it'll continue next season too? Being on Friday doesn't normally work out to well for tv shows that I've liked.

Fringe is doing better than Dollhouse and Terminator, which died a horrible death of Friday. That is what matter most for Fox, so if it stays were it is at now, then there is a good chance of renewal. However, their budget will probably get cut for season 4 regardless, as it will be a Friday show for the whole Season 4 run.

If that happens, Hopefully Fox and the show runners are smart, and do 16 episode for season 4, as that is the best way to keep the show going in my opinion. Sure around 1000 minutes of Fringe a season (22 episodes) seems a lot better than 700minutes, but I think the overall quality would be much better if they went that direction.

gdt

Keyser Soze said:
Fringe is doing better than Dollhouse and Terminator, which died a horrible death of Friday. That is what matter most for Fox, so if it stays were it is at now, then there is a good chance of renewal. However, their budget will probably get cut for season 4 regardless, as it will be a Friday show for the whole Season 4 run.

If that happens, Hopefully Fox and the show runners are smart, and do 16 episode for season 4, as that is the best way to keep the show going in my opinion. Sure around 1000 minutes of Fringe a season (22 episodes) seems a lot better than 700minutes, but I think the overall quality would be much better if they went that direction.

Let's cut that down to 13 while we're at it.

big ander

Shows don't always get better with less episodes, but I do think Fringe could be tighter with a 13-episode season. Fingers crossed.
I hope Fringe and Chicago Code both get renewed for 13 episodes. Would be perfect.

PsychoRaven said:
Ugh you had to remind me. My night really sucks. I don't have my Kitchen Nightmares or Fringe to watch. That means I have nothing to watch tonight damn it. :(
Supernatural is on at 9. Hint. It is another fun sci fi/horror show.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Eh, finally used my $20 Amazon gift certificate from that LivingSocial deal a while back and did my part by buying the first two season Blu-rays. :p

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
PhoncipleBone said:
Supernatural is on at 9. Hint. It is another fun sci fi/horror show.
I've been purposefully skipping it because I want to run through the entire season once it's over.

Fuzzy said:
I've been purposefully skipping it because I want to run through the entire season once it's over.
Seasons 1-5 are pretty much a complete story. The current season, 6, was the beginning of a new story and with a new show runner.

Edit: derp. I see you said season, not series. My bad.

Well that was disappointing. I scheduled my tuner to record tonight at nine, and got the NAACP awards. I was angry, but then felt bad about being angry.

TehOh

Big Papa Husker said:

That reminds me of the time that I ended up on the other side!

zep.jpeg

zep2.jpeg

Actually, that story just reminded me that I still had pics of the zeppelins on my cell phone. I used to work at NASA's Ames Research Center and that zeppelin company operates out of the same airfield :D

Decado

Finished ep 10 (S3). Just liking this show more and more, despite the standard
"do whatever it takes to stall the main characters' relationship"
feel (though done quite well).

Is there a plan for the show (number of episodes, seasons etc.)? I really hope FOX is on board and it doesn't wind up like so many of their shows have before (untimely demise).

HeySeuss

Every time I see this thread bumped early in the week I hold my breath thinking it has been officially cancelled.

As for your question, the show is on life support as far as we know. This might be the last season.

big ander

Decado said:
Finished ep 10 (S3). Just liking this show more and more, despite the standard
"do whatever it takes to stall the main characters' relationship"
feel (though done quite well).

Is there a plan for the show (number of episodes, seasons etc.)? I really hope FOX is on board and it doesn't wind up like so many of their shows have before (untimely demise).
Season 3 has 22 episodes. Showrunners have a plan for multiple seasons beyond this. Hasn't yet been renewed or canceled.

Decado

Shick Brithouse said:
Every time I see this thread bumped early in the week I hold my breath thinking it has been officially cancelled.

As for your question, the show is on life support as far as we know. This might be the last season
wut? I thought it had steady ratings since it's move to Friday nights and that was a really positive thing.

Decado said:
wut? I thought it had steady ratings since it's move to Friday nights and that was a really positive thing.
For the first two weeks in the slot, then it dropped big time. Look at the last two pages or so with ratings updates. Last episode was a bump, but still not back to the numbers of the first two Fridays.

...and let's not forget it is on Friday. Which is terrible anyway :/

If it gets canceled, I will go to the other world at the bottom of the lake.

Top Bottom