• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

mm04

I was afraid of that. Everyone else went with re-runs. I'm sure that was factored into the equation, but it doesn't make me happy.

I'm just enjoying the these episodes as if there the last. If they happen to not be, great, but I won't be too disappointed if this is the end.

ElRenoRaven

PhoncipleBone said:
Ratings are in. Down to a 1.3. Yikes. But it was against NCAA basketball.

Son of a bitch!!!!

That's not good one bit. Fox won't give a shit that it went up against NCAA. Fringe is as good as gone. :(

PsychoRaven said:
Son of a bitch!!!!

That's not good one bit. Fox won't give a shit that it went up against NCAA. Fringe is as good as gone. :(

I wouldn't doubt a Fox exec would use this as further evidence of Fringe's decline but you'd have to look at all the shows on Friday to determine if it was a trend across the board.

Jexemad

Walter: ...But still, I'd have to milk you.

Bellivia: Well, we could assign Astrid.

Holy fuck!
haha.gif
haha.gif
haha.gif

squicken

At first I was laughing at the Bell/Olivia thing, thinking it was the end of the show. But somehow by the end I sort of dug it. If this is the final season, I hope they finish it well. I'm still not convinced they'll cancel it unless they've got something to replace it with. NBC brought back so low performing shows.

Teh Hamburglar said:
X-Files, how did you do it? Oh yeah, you had dynamite leads with electrifying on screen chemistry.

IMO, if The X-files was airing now it would be in the same hole Fringe is in

There is not a huge audience for these show anymore and networks still want the high numbers these style of shows drew in the late 90s / early 00s

Keyser Soze said:
IMO, if The X-files was airing now it would be in the same hole Fringe is in

There is not a huge audience for these show anymore and networks still want the high numbers these style of shows drew in the late 90s / early 00s

Theres also a lot more competition for viewership nowadays. But who knows what would have happened.

Did anyone else find Bell-ivia offering Peter tea at the end of the episode suspicious? I was thinking he might be making a move to inhabit his body in order to use the machine for some, as yet unrevealed, purpose.

Spotless Mind said:
Did anyone else find Bell-ivia offering Peter tea at the end of the episode suspicious? I was thinking he might be making a move to inhabit his body in order to use the machine for some, as yet unrevealed, purpose.
Possibly. Perhaps the bells ringing was Bell trying to take over Peter and it didn't work.

TripOpt55

Spotless Mind said:
I was thinking, "Don't drink the tea Peter." Not sure if anything was up, but figured after what they just found out drinking the tea wouldn't be a good idea.

AnkitT said:
Didnt like this one as much. The scenes with the new guy(alternate-whatshisname) were great though.
What I thought. I wasn't a big fan of the episode but liked the alternate FBI officer. I was hoping that Bell would jump into the "indestructible" girls body created SUPER BELL. Indestructible with unparalleled intellect!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
PhoncipleBone said:
Possibly. Perhaps the bells ringing was Bell trying to take over Peter and it didn't work.

Now that i think about it, You and spotless could be on to something. I mean after the bells struck, he went out of Olivias body and then back in, Maybe trying to switch bodies but unable to do it.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Spotless Mind said:
Yeah, very suspicious but you know what, he may like to drink tea a lot
:p
I don't know if has anything to do with the machine but for to use him as a new host sure.
OneEightZero said:
evil fox image.jpg
:(

.GqueB.

Banned
PhoncipleBone said:
I will agree that the episode seemed thrown together, but the Bell/Walter scenes were fantastic in my opinion. Just great.
It was hard to watch for me. I couldnt really experience it for what it was. All I saw was an actress trying to act like a character who's possessed by a past character that was a man. I could get pass that feeling. Didnt feel natural at all. Forced and awkward. God awful.

I liked the smaller little quick tidbits with her and Astrid though. But when the scene went on long and she was required to talk a lot, I got sucked right back out of it and saw an actress just doing her best and failing horribly.

big ander

Schedule for the rest of the season was released today.
3x18 "Bloodline" airs on Friday.
Then, repeats for two weeks (The Firefly on 4/1, Reciprocity on 4/8).
4/15 brings 3x19 "
Lysergic Acid Diethylamide
" which is another contender for best episode title of this show. :lol
Then 3 more episodes, with the finale on May 6th.

Zoe

Teh Hamburglar said:
Okay, I need you to spell it out for me. I missed season 2 entirely so I'm playing catch up on this alternate world stuff.

Well first of all...
the two towers didn't fall in the alternate world

Second...
did you not see the date?!

Zoe said:
Well first of all...
the two towers didn't fall in the alternate world

Second...
did you not see the date?!

Yeah, but
is it a different year in the other universe? or is this from the future?

big ander

Raistlin said:
Don't worry, if it's cancelled Netflix will buy it out for a final season or two.
Oh man this would be awesome. And I realized yesterday that Netflix might change it up even more: what if "House of Cards" is just released all at once, the entire season? Or what if it follows a "when an ep is finished, it's posted" schedule? Could be crazy.

Teh Hamburglar said:
Okay, I need you to spell it out for me. I missed season 2 entirely so I'm playing catch up on this alternate world stuff.
Shake my fucking head. you can't skip a season of a show that's become heavily serialized

Zoe said:
The years are the same in both universes.

Oh, okay. I guess I was expecting more from it somehow. dammit Netflix. Put the show up already!

Shake my fucking head. you can't skip a season of a show that's become heavily serialized

Well I watched a few eps when it first started and I wasn't impressed. It wasn't until I caught the last few eps on Hulu that I got hooked with the alternate universe stuff.

ultron87

big ander said:

I watched the first 3 or 4 episodes, and then the Season 2 finale. I really don't feel like I've missed that much.

(Though I was occasionally reading episode summaries on io9 and stuff for some of the second season, so I wasn't totally in the dark.)

ultron87 said:
I watched the first 3 or 4 episodes, and then the Season 2 finale. I really don't feel like I've missed that much.

(Though I was occasionally reading episode summaries on io9 and stuff for some of the second season, so I wasn't totally in the dark.)
But you did. Watch it all dude.

big ander

Teh Hamburglar said:
Oh, okay. I guess I was expecting more from it somehow. dammit Netflix. Put the show up already!

Well I watched a few eps when it first started and I wasn't impressed. It wasn't until I caught the last few eps on Hulu that I got hooked with the alternate universe stuff.
Then watch the rest and get the full story :p
ultron87 said:
If you're saying you watched the first 3 or 4 of season 2 and then stopped, you missed Jacksonville, Peter, White Tulip, The Man From The Other Side, and Northwest Passage. Otherwise known as some of the best episodes of the show. In fact, White Tulip was one of my favorite episodes of ALL of TV in 2010, and many critics said the same.
I'm hoping it's not this bad, but if you're saying you only watched the beginning of season 1, then you really missed a lot of greatness.

I'm cool with people not watching all of the show; extremely casual tv fans exist and that's fine. But not watching parts of a show, or any piece of media for that matter, and still claiming you didn't miss much is factually wrong. Knowing plot bullet points != taking in the show.

Top Bottom