• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

Yaweee

Solo said:
I dunno. I just can't recall seeing a FULL SEASON renewal for a FRIDAY show in MARCH before. Thats what has me curious.

Possible logical explanation #2: Somebody at FOX thinks TV By The Numbers is obnoxious and wants to rub shit in their faces.

It won't move off of Fridays unless it is as an experiment. Since it has a full season order, maybe they will put it on another night just to see how it performs, but I doubt it.

futurama-zoidberg-dance.gif

How many more appropriate celebration gifs can we find? I think I am way too excited about the news.

big ander said:
tumblr_lg7g9wAulw1qdnwiro1_400.gif

Celebrating by buying Season 2 on blu-ray. I've wanted it for a while, and there's no better time to buy than now.

PURCHASE JINX!! (That Amazonk sale is nuts, right??)

I'll forgive you for the terrifying GIF.

ivysaur12

Banned
To be quite fair, it's possible that X-Factor will only be a 2 hour show because of the risk involved. Most people have been assuming that it'll be 3 hours, but I think Fox has kept that quiet because of a situation where they would need to shrink its run-time.

It's possible - possible - that X-Factor might be 2 hours and that Fringe could run after it on Wednesday. That would be surprising and I wouldn't necessarily expect it, but who knows. I didn't expect this either.

I bought the blu rays the first day of release for both seasons, and plan on doing the same with season 3. Now all I want to do is watch it all over again to celebrate.

I just finished Rome, and then just started watching Veronica Mars for the first time. I am tempted to put her on hold to watch some Fringe tomorrow.

Solo

ivysaur12 said:
To be quite fair, it's possible that X-Factor will only be a 2 hour show because of the risk involved. Most people have been assuming that it'll be 3 hours, but I think Fox has kept that quiet because of a situation where they would need to shrink its run-time.

It's possible - possible - that X-Factor might be 2 hours and that Fringe could run after it on Wednesday. That would be surprising and I wouldn't necessarily expect it, but who knows. I didn't expect this either.

I'd just love to see it happen because to me, it would be the ultimate "we dun goofed" sign from FOX. Atonement, baby!

mm04

I purchased those Blu-Rays at full price like 3 weeks ago. So I can take some small pleasure in thinking I had like a .000000000001% contribution to this series continuing.

The only pessimism I have in all of this is that now that the renewal is locked, there won't be as much passion to get people to watch the remainder of the season. The efforts to save it have worked, and many will just walk away since the job is done.

The right thing to do is to get more passionate and get more people to watch since they know it will still be around.

Solo

PhoncipleBone said:
I just finished Rome, and then just started watching Veronica Mars for the first time. I am tempted to put her on hold to watch some Fringe tomorrow.

Don't put Veronica on hold. The first season is really something special, and is easily up there for my favorite seasons of any show, ever. Its almost note perfect, and ends note perfect. It should have been a one season show.

I would recommend bailing after S1 though.

Zoe

ivysaur12 said:

That would be a problem come Idol time though...

ElRenoRaven

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG there is a god!!!

First my moms comes out of her surgery ok and on the same day Fringe is renewed. Today is truly a great day.

threenote said:
You guys aren't true fans.

I bought the blu rays when they came out. :)

I've always loved Fringe.

Beat you to the love proclamation. Hug?

Solo said:
Don't put Veronica on hold. The first season is really something special, and is easily up there for my favorite seasons of any show, ever. Its almost note perfect, and ends note perfect. It should have been a one season show.

I would recommend bailing after S1 though.

I hear that all the time, which is why I am trying to start it up. My wife had no interest in it, no matter how much I told her that it is supposed to be a perfect season. She was feeling ill today and was in bed most of the day, so I started it up. She came out and saw Episodes 4 and 5 and now is hooked.

Sadly, my Veronica Mars watching is on hold tonight because my wife is trying to plow through as much of Angel on Netflix as she can before it goes away at the end of the month.

big ander

BenjaminBirdie said:
PURCHASE JINX!! (That Amazonk sale is nuts, right??)

I'll forgive you for the terrifying GIF.
2lbmhs2.gif

PhoncipleBone said:
I bought the blu rays the first day of release for both seasons, and plan on doing the same with season 3. Now all I want to do is watch it all over again to celebrate.

I bought season 1 on blu day one and rewatched some of the episodes before season 2 started. But I didn't have time to watch any of season 2 before season 3 started anyway, so I put off buying the blu ray. Finally my shelf will feel complete.

Solo

PhoncipleBone said:

I hear that all the time, which is why I am trying to start it up. My wife had no interest in it, no matter how much I told her that it is supposed to be a perfect season. She was feeling ill today and was in bed most of the day, so I started it up. She came out and saw Episodes 4 and 5 and now is hooked.

Sadly, my Veronica Mars watching is on hold tonight because my wife is trying to plow through as much of Angel on Netflix as she can before it goes away at the end of the month.

Fair enough. Fair warning: my favorite episode of the series is 1.21, the penultimate episode of the season, and it will rip your guts out.

threenote

Banned
PhoncipleBone said:

I'm always in the mood to hug you.

mm04

I'm so relieved. Now I can actually enjoy the episode Friday night without fretting over the Saturday morning ratings report. The irony in all this for me
I work for the big N

ivysaur12

Banned
Fox shows that have been renewed from Friday, since its inception:

- America's Most Wanted (Friday in its first three seasons)
- The X-Files (moved to Thursday after three seasons)
- Millenium (canceled after three season)
- The Bernie Mac Show (final two seasons)
- Dollhouse (canceled after two seasons)
- Fringe

mm04 said:
I'm so relieved. Now I can actually enjoy the episode Friday night without fretting over the Saturday morning ratings report. The irony in all this for me
I work for the big N

Change the numbers. Do it. It's a good cause.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Solo said:
When I think of Fringe, I think of a ton of location shooting, great special effects and the occasion large, impressive set. I fear for all of these now. I know how much of a Debbie Downer I sound like right now, but I dunno, I dont want Fringe to become one of those shows where almost every location is simply the Harvard lab set dressed to look like something else.

I understand the skepticism and it's true, a low budget doesn't help a show like this but it doesn't have to be a curse. An episode like White Tulip doesn't require a huge budget, great writing can keep the show excellent.

22 EPISODES!!!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom