• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

celebrate.gif

A comment somewhere else also noted that the "Good Omens" mini series was pretty much confirmed, and with Terry Jones working on it. Geek week indeed!

Great job, Fringe! I'm a little behind on this series, but I'm pleased to see it picked up for another season and promise to catch up soon. :D

Somnia

HELL YES!!! Best news to come home to after work EVER!!

So happy that I in fact finally ordered season 2 of Fringe on blu-ray. I knew I kept forgetting to order it, but I'm in celebration mode!

ElRenoRaven

Hmm was reading up at our usual site for Fringe ratings and this info I found interesting. I also think it's probably what helped it get renewed.

Fox says Fringe is now the #1 show on Friday nights in all of broadcast & cable, and I didn’t ask for specifics because I’m sure it’s true with DVR, especially since Fringe hasn’t aired any repeats since moving to Friday. In the “most current” ratings which includes Live+7 where available, Fringe is averaging a 2.2 adults 18-49 rating on Fridays. While this will likely spur some discussion about whether Live+7 matters or its just Jedi Mind Tricks, one thing is for sure: either way Fringe has been renewed for a fourth season of 22 episodes.

Fox also notes that compared to the same period last year, Fox is up 38% on Fridays since Fringe moved to Friday nights. Though the same period last year also included some of the winter Olympics on NBC, so the landscape was a bit different.

ivysaur12

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
Hmm was reading up at our usual site for Fringe ratings and this info I found interesting. I also think it's probably what helped it get renewed.

1) TVBTN, you used the wrong "it's"

2) It seems that we've entered the DVR-Age...

EDIT: I'm still in shock, and elated. Oh wow.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
hey guys, what's going on her- OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH MYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuck fuck ufck!ffu;asdakslsjd

edit: 22 episodes? hol yshiiiiiiit

squicken

Wonderful news. As I posted last week, I figured Fox just didn't have enough shows to fill out all its holes, and fringe is about as good as you're going to do on a weekend.

I had a funny feeling S4 was going to happen. I just had no worries we weren't getting it, but not having to wait to be sure is amazing. This is great news. Hopefully they can nail season 5, but if not I think they plan on writing S4 as the final one. Which is okay by me, since I think they could wrap it up just fine in 22 more episodes.

Plus this means the show will have a better more solid end, and a bigger collection of 4 seasons, lending more to the universe. I'm glad I'm holding out for the inevitable BluRay collection. I hope Bad Robot makes it as slick as the Alias and LOST series box sets.

PsychoRaven said:
Yup and it was pretty good other then the Olivia Nimoy voice.
either I lost a day or I missed it. not sure which. What was the episode about? Was it the one where she was laying on the bed thing and they had her hooked up to the machine and Nimoy was explaining that Agent Dunham was in a sleep state?

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Mustaphadamus said:
either I lost a day or I missed it. not sure which. What was the episode about? Was it the one where she was laying on the bed thing and they had her hooked up to the machine and Nimoy was explaining that Agent Dunham was in a sleep state?

Nimoy isn't around, in the last two episodes Bell's soul is being channeled through Olivia's body. She talks in this low, goofy voice.

Solo

In the wake of this great news, lest we forget: there is a new episode on tonight, and it looks GREAT. Other-side Olivia
chest burster
hotness up in this bitch!

I hope this encourages more people to watch the show now. I understand people being turned off by a show that might get cancelled. We have 27 more episodes of Fringe, people can jump on the bandwagon not feel like there is going to be a crash anytime soon.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I like to think maybe it also was in part due to a Shahryar and Scheherazade relationship between some important Fox programming exec and the producers of Fringe.

DarthWoo said:
I like to think maybe it also was in part due to a Shahryar and Scheherazade relationship between some important Fox programming exec and the producers of Fringe.

I like to think our friend September payed one of them a visit.

Zoe

Fox probably saw the humongous cliff hanger they have planned for season 3.

(not spoilers, speculation)

Zoe said:

That is a guess as well.

Also, thread title has been changed by some gracious mod. Thank you.

"Inexplicably Renewed." I guess Fox saw one of the many endless impossibilities.

ivysaur12

Banned
Zoe said:

Fox has final approval over all scripts, so that's probably not it as well.

I'm legit going with DVR and Hulu numbers.

mm04

I think it's fairly obvious that FOX is looking at metrics that the majority of us do not have access to when they made this decision. If you just look at the standard 18 to 49 demo ratings, you would think that the show was in big trouble. Most thought the best case scenario was a half-order of 13 episodes, but the fact that they went with a FULL 22, shows there is a lot of faith in this show and there must be some good reason for that.

ivysaur12

Banned
mm04 said:
I think it's fairly obvious that FOX is looking at metrics that the majority of us do not have access to when they made this decision. If you just look at the standard 18 to 49 demo ratings, you would think that the show was in big trouble. Most thought the best case scenario was a half-order of 13 episodes, but the fact that they went with a FULL 22, shows there is a lot of faith in this show and there must be some good reason for that.

The data that we don't see shows that Fringe probably does well in high-income families, 18-34, and men.

Not to mention that it's probably a huge hit with online viewing, though that wouldn't necessarily bring in the revenue streams that the aforementioned demos would.

megamerican

Fucking awesome news. It's reassuring they went ahead with a full 22 and not a 7 episode order contingent on next season's ratings.

Top Bottom