• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

RS4-

Lol mindfuck. Curious to see how this all ends. A whole rotoscoped/scanner darkly styled ep would be interesting

Solo

Chocolate pudding morse code.
Broyles tripping balls.
Peter throwing subconcious Nina Sharp down the elevator shaft.
CARTOONS.

This episode is BATSHIT INSANE

:lol

Solo

This episode is S3's "Brown Betty". Falls at the exact location of the season that episode did, too. S2-esque finale ramp-up, commence!

Solo

So I guess we're going to get one absolutely crazy episode like this each season? I can live with that. Musical, cartoon, what does next season hold, lolz?

Solo said:
So I guess we're going to get one absolutely crazy episode like this each season? I can live with that. Musical, cartoon, what does next season hold, lolz?
Who knows what the future holds for zany Fringe episodes?

WillyFive

I would have liked they used a different type of animation (one that didn't look totally ugly), but that was pretty neat.

If Leonard Nimoy hadn't retired from acting in the Season 2 finale, we would definitely have seen that in live action. It was odd starting the dream in live action, and then going to cartoon anytime William Bell was on screen.

Solo

I called the episode this season's "Brown Betty", and thats exactly what it was. Like that episode, it was this season's weakest. But also like that episode, there was some enjoyable stuff in there. I thought the cartoon worked out a lot better than the musical did, Walter was absolutely killing it, and aside from the impending doom of the machine, a new wrinkle has been added in the form of Olivia predicting her death.

TripOpt55

I enjoyed this episode. I did not see the cartoon part coming. That was pretty crazy. Seeing Broyles tripping was hilarious.
Solo said:
Olivia talking non-chalantly about her murder while eating toast, like a boss.
This was so great.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm mad at myself, i totally forgot there was a new episode tonight...

But i have a good excuse! I was watching a few episodes of Season 1 with my brother, getting near the end!

Weird episode, or the weirdest episode? Come on writers, give me something less trippy for silly reasons and more trippy to awesome reasons.

Product Placement was not that terrible . There has been many out of place "i'll upload it to Skydrive" bit on Bones and Human Target that annoyed me more. FU Microsoft!

I thought the whole episode was cleverly done, but the quality of the cartoon stuff seamed off, both in animation and in likeness (Peter was not even a close match). Regardless, it was a nice way to tie that part of the Story. The small Broyle's is high story was funny too. As others have said, the final line by Olivia was epic.

Hurry up next week.

ElRenoRaven

That episode was simply amazing. When Fringe goes crazy goofy, they go crazy goofy with style. I'd even say comes in above Brown Betty without a doubt.

I thought the episode was great. Sure the cartoon graphics weren't great, but hell, they were on LSD. :D The preview for next week was crazy. Shits about to get real.

BAD-BOYS.jpg

Broyles was one of the best parts of the whole episode. Especially when he was whistling at the bird. Throwing Nina down the elevator shaft was probably my #2 favorite moment.

ultron87

Keyser Soze said:
Product Placement was not that terrible . There has been many out of place "i'll upload it to Skydrive" bit on Bones and Human Target that annoyed me more. FU Microsoft!

Did those happen while one of the main characters was coming to grips with the losing his best friend for the second time?

ultron87 said:
Did those happen while one of the main characters was coming to grips with the losing his best friend for the second time?

The Human Target one happened in the middle of a supposedly tense hostage situation, which was why I found it so annoying. I admit this one was annoying to, but I guess I hated the other one a bit more.

I hate them all btw, and wish shows would find a better why to make money, but if Fringe is getting more money in the kitty to make quality episodes down the line, I can stand 5 seconds of stupidity.

mm04

I enjoyed the episode. Clever use of cartoons to get around Nimoy physically being on screen. Broyles definitely stole the show. His tripping was literally making me laugh out loud. That promo at the end was fucking intense. It's gonna be a nice roller coaster ride to the finish of the season.

Al-ibn Kermit

Great episode, it made me want to replay Mirrors Edge.

I don't know if they have enough time to wrap up everything in three episodes though.
mm04 said:
I enjoyed the episode. Clever use of cartoons to get around Nimoy physically being on screen. Broyles definitely stole the show. His tripping was literally making me laugh out loud. That promo at the end was fucking intense. It's gonna be a nice roller coaster ride to the finish of the season.

What do you mean? I thought that was mainly because it would be cheaper than having CGI zeppelins and hundreds of actors in soldier camo and everything.

- J - D -

Al-ibn Kermit said:
What do you mean? I thought that was mainly because it would be cheaper than having CGI zeppelins and hundreds of actors in soldier camo and everything.

Could be one solution to solve multiple problems. Either way it's great having Nimoy on the show, for what brief time it was.

A fun episode. Just like Brown Betty, it is not tip top like episodes around it, but it is the goofy calm before the shitstorm happens. Can't wait for the finale.

squicken

I really enjoyed that. Soul bells and alt universes and now tripping Daniels and cartoons. Keep ratcheting up the crazy.

btw did Olivia get a boob job? At the end there they were far more prominent than I remember them being

Top Bottom