• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

Solo

PsychoRaven said:
HOLYSHIT!!

The plot thickens. Now you have to ask yourself what the hell does that mean.

My guess is that Peter has to get in the machine on the other side, and Olivia in the machine on our side. What happens then, I have no idea...

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
page-47.jpg

Solo

That Olivia/Walter scene was so good. Really loved Walter's speech about coming to except that what makes his mind so broken is what makes it so special.

EDIT: if you were to go back to the Ability thread from S1, Henry, I felt from day one that it was Peter who shut off the machine, not Olivia.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
HenryGale said:
She needs peter to be there, she is linked to him duh. Its why the lights didn't go out until he walked in.
Ah, that makes sense.

Solo said:
That Olivia/Walter scene was so good. Really loved Walter's speech about coming to except that what makes his mind so broken is what makes it so special.

EDIT: if you were to go back to the Ability thread from S1, Henry, I felt from day one that it was Peter who shut off the machine, not Olivia.

Possible, but I don't think so. I think she is linked to him, and they need one another to do it. It's what Sam really meant when he said they had to be together, there must have been a meaning behind that lost throughout time. It gives us the hint, but is a bit of misdirection until the reveal.

That's how I would write it anyway.

Solo

Im not sure what to make of Peter thinking he was on the other side.

HenryGale said:
She needs peter to be there, she is linked to him duh. Its why the lights didn't go out until he walked in.

Good call. I hope that was a call, and not prior knowledge...

ElRenoRaven

Solo said:
Im not sure what to make of Peter thinking he was on the other side.

Good call. I hope that was a call, and not prior knowledge...

Yea I have a feeling that's going to be something that causes something bad. Just a feeling I get.

Solo

HOLYYYYYYYYYY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

THOSE FINAL 5 MINUTES

THAT TWIST

THAT PREVIEW

FIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU@*&&&#@$&@

mr. puppy

Banned
when in doubt, just jump to the future

its like lost. the writers don't know wtf is happening in their own universe so they just bail on it and make a new one

Solo

That whole final sequence starting in the lab, oh man. Olivia confessing her love, awww. Peter getting into the machine LIKE A BOSS. 2021.

Skynet. John Connor Bishop.

Catalix

hoooly sheeeiiiiit.

I don't know what to make of this, BUT I LIKE IT.

ElRenoRaven

Solo said:
I wonder if the 15 year jump is going to be permanent. Complete gamechanger, if so.

Speak for yourself!

Not thinking so by the way the preview seems. He's actively trying to stop whatever happened since he asked for help from you know who.

PhoncipleBone said:

Yeah, I just quoted myself, but that pic describes what just went down.

Fuck. Yes.

And dat preview. Damn. Alright, speculation time.

Is it our universe, over there, or a combination of the two?

The preview makes it seem that it was over there that was destroyed, but who knows.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
chimster said:
no preview in Canada :(

I'm in Canada and i saw the preview. Are you watching it on Fox like i did?

By the way, awesome final 5 mins. The next episode should be great,
and according to Walternate, Peter destroyed the other universe huh?

Solo

PsychoRaven said:
Not thinking so by the way the preview seems. He's actively trying to stop whatever happened.

That was my thought too, that it seems more like a Peter-sees-a-vision-of-the-future-if-event-X-isn't-prevented.

Catalix

So earlier, was Peter's mind time jumping or something?

Or maybe his mind was merging with the "other" Peter?

Bisnic said:
I'm in Canada and i saw the preview. Are you watching it on Fox like i did?

By the way, awesome final 5 mins. The next episode should be great,
and according to Walternate, Peter destroyed the other universe huh?

Might want to spoiler what I did there since some people dont watch the previews. Some want to go in blind.

Catalix said:
So earlier, was Peter's mind time jumping or something?

Or maybe his mind was merging with the "other" Peter?

Merging with his dead self from our side?

WillyFive

I like how we got to see characters and locations from previous episodes.

I like how they keep to use
the site of the WTC as a way to tell where the story is set

Although next episode could be just a one-off,
maybe Season 3 will merge both sides and have parts set in the future.

Also, it seems that ever since Chris Tilton finally figured out how Giacchino made the violins sound like that, he has been using it nonstop these days. Really gave it a Lost vibe.

Squalltdx

Solo said:
That whole final sequence starting in the lab, oh man. Olivia confessing her love, awww. Peter getting into the machine LIKE A BOSS. 2021.

Skynet. John Connor Bishop.

lol, I was thinking that too. Something about that last scene when Peter wakes up reminded me a little of the very last scene of Terminator:SCC

Solo

I loved it. I can already tell its going to be a divisive episode, but I loved it. What happened when Peter got in the machine I would never have predicted, and I love that. John Noble and Anna Torv both had some really great moments in this one, and I have absolutely no clue how the finale is going to shake down, or where the pieces will fit for next season. Such glorious chaos! And how great was that shot with the finished Trade Tower? So great.

TripOpt55

That was awesome. I totally didn't see that coming at the end. I love that Olivia was involved in all this. And awesome that they talked about what happened in Ability. That whole scene with those two and the machine was great. Really loved this episode. Wish I could watch the next episode right now!

Catalix

PhoncipleBone said:
Merging with his dead self from our side?
Yeah, dead Peter's "soul."

Maybe one universe wouldn't get outright destroyed. Certain aspects from one universe would actually cross over and merge with its counterpart.

Solo

What I gathered from the promo + my own thoughts:

Peter is now in a world in which he destroyed the alternate universe. Doing so has seemingly had adversely negative effects in our world. Walter looks crazy again, Peter and Olivia appear to be done with eachother, and somehow Walternate survived and is planning revenge.

It would be INCREDIBLY ballsy if this was the new canon, a 15 year time jump, but I think this is going to be an Its A Wonderful Life scenario for Peter, in which the potential future teaches him what to do in the past to prevent that future from happening.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Spoiler about next episode "facts".
I wonder who from the Fringe Division is supposed to die in the last episode, if we are to believe what we heard?

Is that person going to die in 2021? Or maybe IF Peter goes back in time in 2011? And who might it be? They can't kill Peter, he doesn't even have an alternate version of him unlike Olivia or Walter. And Peter can't just disappear from all of season 4 episodes, that would be cruel! I love his character! And they can't kill our Walter too, he is too great! I guess that leaves Olivia to die and that FauxOlivia will join the other 2, since she seems to care enough about saving people from our universe.

Really curious to see who will die.

Top Bottom