• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

Yaweee

BenjaminBirdie said:
Like I said, I understand what happened. I wasn't confused. The problem is that the show was using an active process it has established on the show to describe a passive one, the transition between scenes.

It's just poor fundamental storytelling, and no details you've unearthed will change that.

Observers' POV. Problem solved!

big ander

Jax said:
gotta ask. so

alterverse fringe guys went and ... dyed her pubes? Surely olivia would notice something amiss if she went to the toilet?

... ...

also per time of capitivty: which I raised. Her natural hair colour would have shown.....
C'mon that's-
hm.
I think you've found the twist for mid-season.

Zoe

Bolivia dyes her hair. That's how Olivia was able to get dye so quickly in the finale--Bolivia already had some.

The dye in the premier was noticeably faded from the finale.

Solo

BenjaminBirdie said:
I understood what they were TRYING to do, but what they actually did was make it look like the zeppelin was disappearing into our world. They have already established that shit drifts between the universes all the time.

It was ill conceived, distracting, and stupid; considering the logic they've already set up on the show.

Don't slam the "people" for "[not] understand[ing] [that]" when it's the show that established the logic we're trying to follow.

What? They didnt make it look like the zeppelin was "disappearing into our world". Universe B: zeppelin. Transition to Universe A: no zeppelin. Shit may drift between universes but we also know that the exact same events aren't necessarily transpiring at the exact same time in both universes. Also, we have only ever seen a zeppelin on the other side. The lack of one tells you what side you're watching.

It was awesomely conceived, slick and subtle.

And I'm not "slamming" anyone. Also, I think this is maybe the first time ever Ive seen BB rage :lol

big ander

lovefringe.tumblr.com
That site is scary.
I didn't think people would make little vignettes of Peter and Olivia that are over-photoshopped with their favorite song lyrics attached. I didn't think fringe had that sort of insane fanbase.
Also, I found Olivia-Bolivia shippers there. I mean really. What the fuck.

Yaweee

big ander said:
lovefringe.tumblr.com
That site is scary.
I didn't think people would make little vignettes of Peter and Olivia that are over-photoshopped with their favorite song lyrics attached. I didn't think fringe had that sort of insane fanbase.
Also, I found Olivia-Bolivia shippers there. I mean really. What the fuck.

Is that incest, masturbatory, or just lesbian?

Yaweee said:
Is that incest, masturbatory, or just lesbian?
All three. I would watch that, and enjoy every second of it.

And Big Ander, nearly every show has fanfic out there. Some are just a little too over the top. Well, most that go fanfic are.

big ander

PhoncipleBone said:
All three. I would watch that, and enjoy every second of it.

And Big Ander, nearly every show has fanfic out there. Some are just a little too over the top. Well, most that go fanfic are.
I know every show has fan fiction, but I didn't think a largely sci-fi show like Fringe would have so many fans of it's romance. There are just some shows I don't expect to have a lot of fanfic. For instance, 24. I know it exists. But it's not common. That's how I expected it to be with Fringe, but I somehow see shippers of different things all over.

Dead

well not really...yet
DarthWoo said:
I forgot, wasn't the Quarantine Amber featured in one of the early first season episodes in what seemed like a MotW episode?
Mind blown. I totally forgot about that.

It was released in the bus right?

I wonder if HD-DVD won the format war over there. It would make sense with the whole red motif. Of course maybe they're past that and are just into digital downloads.

VistraNorrez said:
I wonder if HD-DVD won the format war over there. It would make sense with the whole red motif. Of course maybe they're past that and are just into digital downloads.
Nano machines downloaded directly into the brain.

From Ausiello: Not too spoilerish, so dont fear about reading it. (But still hiding it for the really touchy spoilerphobes)

Ask Ausiello said:
Question: I need a Fringe scoop like a cocaine test monkey needs its next hit. When will Olivia get back where she belongs? —Tommy

Ausiello: Exec producer Jeff Pinkner would say only that “Olivia’s journey will not be an easy one, and it will require help from unexpected sources.”

Let's hope the ratings improve tomorrow. The premiere was not pretty and fills me with dread as to the show's chances.

big ander

PhoncipleBone said:
From Ausiello: Not too spoilerish, so dont fear about reading it. (But still hiding it for the really touchy spoilerphobes)

Let's hope the ratings improve tomorrow. The premiere was not pretty and fills me with dread as to the show's chances.
I wonder if
that unexpected help will be Henry. :rolleyes I think it'll also be the Alt-Fringe team.

Alright everyone I hate to chime in and do this, but I think I noticed a bad continuity error. Fuck. This really has me sad.

So far Ive noticed people talking about the time that has transpired since the finale. The idea that the amount of healing Brandon's skin has had shows a significant number of time.Actually this is wrong, since well, we had walter who was shot and really hurt tell olivia in the finale about how advanced their healing techniques were.

Now people are talking about the transition. Whatever who cares, I liked it if you didnt and you were confused well, I'm sorry. Hopefully it wont happen again.

Now what does has me sad is how it was just said that events dont transpire at the same time between universes. This was in response to the whole transition argument.

Now this is what made me think of a big boo boo on the writers part. :(

Back in season one, when the cortexiphan was first introduced their was an episode with spontaneous combustion and Olivia's first glimpse into the Altverse. In this Altverse we see alt charlie and olivia gets info about the twins who spontaneously combusted due to their cortexiphan testing.

Now problem is William bell died in the altverse. So the drug was never made nor was Massive Dynamic. SO this testing never took place, which is why these events specifically couldn't have happened in the Altverse like they did in ours.

big ander

HenryGale said:
Alright everyone I hate to chime in and do this, but I think I noticed a bad continuity error. Fuck. This really has me sad.

So far Ive noticed people talking about the time that has transpired since the finale. The idea that the amount of healing Brandon's skin has had shows a significant number of time.Actually this is wrong, since well, we had walter who was shot and really hurt tell olivia in the finale about how advanced their healing techniques were.

Now people are talking about the transition. Whatever who cares, I liked it if you didnt and you were confused well, I'm sorry. Hopefully it wont happen again.

Now what does has me sad is how it was just said that events dont transpire at the same time between universes. This was in response to the whole transition argument.

Now this is what made me think of a big boo boo on the writers part. :(

Back in season one, when the cortexiphan was first introduced their was an episode with spontaneous combustion and Olivia's first glimpse into the Altverse. In this Altverse we see alt charlie and olivia gets info about the twins who spontaneously combusted due to their cortexiphan testing.

Now problem is William bell died in the altverse. So the drug was never made nor was Massive Dynamic. SO this testing never took place, which is why these events specifically couldn't have happened in the Altverse like they did in ours.
Workaround: Bell has been Over There for years, he could have introduced the drug.
Also, in the S2 finale we were told that even with their advanced healing Lincoln would take a few months to heal completely. He's at least halfway through the treatment.

big ander said:
Workaround: Bell has been Over There for years, he could have introduced the drug.
Also, in the S2 finale we were told that even with their advanced healing Lincoln would take a few months to heal completely. He's at least halfway through the treatment.

Awesome must have missed that, I was hoping there was something solid showing some time ahd passed.

Still iffy on the one with Bell.

Seems he kept his head somewhat low, plut I dont think he would had done that with the cortexiphan, considering that he did the tests in the first place so that we would have people like olivia to help fight against the other side.

owlbeak

I quit watching near the end of Season 1 because every episode ended with a chase sequence, be it on foot or in a car.

Is it still like that?

big ander

HenryGale said:
Awesome must have missed that, I was hoping there was something solid showing some time ahd passed.

Still iffy on the one with Bell.

Seems he kept his head somewhat low, plut I dont think he would had done that with the cortexiphan, considering that he did the tests in the first place so that we would have people like olivia to help fight against the other side.
How do you know he kept his head low, though? You don't get an office in the WTC without being noticed...

Horsebite said:
I quit watching near the end of Season 1 because every episode ended with a chase sequence, be it on foot or in a car.

Is it still like that?
Well it's an action show so it has those, but not ever episode ends with them.
This episode ended with a daughter meeting her mom, a conversation on some steps, and a kiss.

Zoe

big ander said:
How do you know he kept his head low, though? You don't get an office in the WTC without being noticed...

We know he didn't keep his head low. The nurse at the hospital knew of his name instantly.

big ander

Zoe said:
We know he didn't keep his head low. The nurse at the hospital knew of his name instantly.
I thought I remembered something like this but didn't want to say for sure and end up being a jackass.
Either way, he was well-known over there. It does make sense.
I really should have rewatched season 2 before the show came back.

Top Bottom