• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

Solo

Why in the hell would I watch a finale trailer with "HUGE SPOILERS" when it airs in 4 days?

/holding strong

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Dear god hurry up Friday. I'm thinking I'll need to purchase some beer which will need to be drank immediately upon the end of this episode.

mm04

You punks. I wanted so badly to avoid spoilers, but you bastards pulled me in. That being said, nothing I saw surprised me, based on really dissecting the end of episode promo from the last episode. Don't release anything more, FOX! I can't resist.

Late edit:

BenjaminBirdie said:
OMG
THEY GON STAY IN THE FUTURE AIN'T THEY

I personally think it's going to
jump back and forth at least a little. I highly doubt they're going to stay in a future timeline where one of the main characters is uhh...possibly dead?

Jexemad

I'm trying so badly to stay spoiler-free just for the finale, and you guys are not helping >_> I want to hover on every goddamn spoilered sentence!! *__*

mm04

Jexemad said:
I'm trying so badly to stay spoiler-free just for the finale, and you guys are not helping >_> I want to hover on every goddamn spoilered sentence!! *__*

Don't do it! Remain strong! Only 4 days to go hahaha.

Finale trailer looks so awesome. And my enthusiasm is through the roof since we know we're getting a fourth season already. Thank god.

ivysaur12

Banned
Started writing a Fringe spec today (hey, it got renewed, and there are still some procedural elements). Getting the dialog between Olivia and Peter down isn't easy.

And that trailer put me into holy shit mode.

big ander

Solo said:
So much weakness in here! Hold strong, PB!
Psh, people watching the trailer are the opposite of weak. We're being served a pure helping of tease and we're not going insane.
Really, it doesn't spoil anything. It's pretty damn obscure. It's 100% hype.

I don't understand the fascination with trailers. They are there to sell the show to people, to get them to watch if they were a bit indecisive. If you are already 100% going to watch, then lave the trailer alone!

TripOpt55

Keyser Soze said:
I don't understand the fascination with trailers. They are there to sell the show to people, to get them to watch if they were a bit indecisive. If you are already 100% going to watch, then lave the trailer alone!
Yeah, this is how I feel.

big ander

Keyser Soze said:
That's not all what they're for at all. Especially not these ones. These are made mostly for hardcore fans of the show. They're to hype the episode up more. It's fun to theorize more and more crazily before we're given the actual episode.

Y'all are crazy.

BluWacky

ivysaur12 said:
Started writing a Fringe spec today (hey, it got renewed, and there are still some procedural elements).

There's more than SOME procedural elements. Although it's of scant comfort to a casual viewer, Fringe is much better at doing the case-of-the-week/mythology combination thing than X-Files was.

Just watched Friday's episode. Bring on the finale!

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Holy shit, was that
Brad Dourif
? Fucking awesome casting, if so.

The finale is going to be insane. They found a way to top last season's final two episodes, which is kinda hard to believe.

big ander said:
That's not all what they're for at all. Especially not these ones. These are made mostly for hardcore fans of the show. They're to hype the episode up more. It's fun to theorize more and more crazily before we're given the actual episode.

Y'all are crazy.

Don't watch 30+ seconds of out of place material for a show with a good storyline at it core

You are crazy!!

Spoiler in case my friend reads them:
My friend is convinced that the show will remain in the future from this point out.

I REALLY think he's dead wrong. I expect it's possible we will see more of this future, but it wont end there, and S4 will not be future FRINGE. I really hope not anyway.

big ander

Keyser Soze said:
Don't watch 30+ seconds of out of place material for a show with a good storyline at it core

You are crazy!!
It being out of context means I don't actually learn anything! I just get insanely excited and debate about the cheapness of my excitement! :p

ivysaur12

Banned
BluWacky said:
There's more than SOME procedural elements. Although it's of scant comfort to a casual viewer, Fringe is much better at doing the case-of-the-week/mythology combination thing than X-Files was.

Just watched Friday's episode. Bring on the finale!

Yeah, but making Fringe an almost entirely procedural endeavor at this point is not easy.

HeySeuss

Does anybody have a screengrab of the guy from 2 episodes ago that Olivia knows as the man that will kill her?

Because the guy at 1:19 in that preview with the armoured guards looks like him. Or it could be the dark haired end of dayers guy at 1:10. Anybody notice the dude cut in half with his guts hanging out at 1:18?

Make_XxxX

Banned
I'm half-way through episode 19 right now and I can't decide whether this show is the most badass thing on television or just jumping shark every episode...

The pacing feels off, which may be a result of not knowing whether they were gonna have S4, but still..I'm thoroughly enjoying it. As of now, the second half of S2/first half of S3 is where this show peaked for me.

Make_XxxX said:
I'm half-way through episode 19 right now and I can't decide whether this show is the most badass thing on television or just jumping shark every episode...

The pacing feels off, which may be a result of not knowing whether they were gonna have S4, but still..I'm thoroughly enjoying it. As of now, the second half of S2/first half of S3 is where this show peaked for me.
Episode 21 should change your mind. :D

Make_XxxX said:

Agreed. While all of season 3 has been insanely awesome, the first half was the strongest. This show had an unprecedented run of awesomeness from halfway through season 2 until now.

Maffis

Noooooooo, I let my temptation succumb me into spoiling myself.

Damn cool promo though. The dudes who does them should get a tap on their shoulders.

mm04

Make_XxxX said:

Bolded for correctness.

Dany

Banned
PhoncipleBone said:
Agreed. While all of season 3 has been insanely awesome, the first half was the strongest. This show had an unprecedented run of awesomeness from halfway through season 2 until now.

I agree, the alternation between our side and their side was really well done, though it did little to progress the story until the final few but damn this season started strong

Top Bottom