• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
First time i see the last episode of a season of Fringe on TV rather than on DVDs...

It somewhat feels both exciting and depressing.

It's exciting because you know the episode will be awesome and depressing because you know you won't see a new Fringe episode for MONTHS.

Anyway... last Fringe day today!

I have absolutely no fricken idea what is going to happen tonight. I read zero spoilers all season, and only checked one promo before the show aired (that was early in the season, nothing to do with the end of season run).

I don't know if they are going to do a direct continuation from last week, with the whole show set in the future. I think I'd like that as Epitaph 1 and 2 (Dollhouse) were fantastic bits of television, and more of that is a good thing. Fringe will obviously be a bit different, as it has a present day character moved into the future (his memory moved I think), rather than just offering a vision of what the future would be like.

I really hope the ending is like season one in nature (a final shot that is mindblowing), rather than the season 2 (you could see coming a while before it happened). Although, the show will probably do something completely different again.

On last thing, I really hope we get a unique opening tonight. They do it for over there, and the past episodes, they need to do it for a future episode.. FRINGE should be written in Helvetica. That's totally futuristic.

EXCITE!

Keyser Soze said:
I have absolutely no fricken idea what is going to happen tonight. I read zero spoilers all season, and only checked one promo before the show aired (that was early in the season, nothing to do with the end of season run).

I don't know if they are going to do a direct continuation from last week, with the whole show set in the future. I think I'd like that as Epitaph 1 and 2 (Dollhouse) were fantastic bits of television, and more of that is a good thing. Fringe will obviously be a bit different, as it has a present day character moved into the future (his memory moved I think), rather than just offering a vision of what the future would be like.

I really hope the ending is like season one in nature (a final shot that is mindblowing), rather than the season 2 (you could see coming a while before it happened). Although, the show will probably do something completely different again.

On last thing, I really hope we get a unique opening tonight. They do it for over there, and the past episodes, they need to do it for a future episode.. FRINGE should be written in Helvetica. That's totally futuristic.

EXCITE!

If they do what you're suggesting, I fear they will completely kill the X-Files style "monster of the week" stories that I love so much.

Got my priorities straight for tonight. Dinner, Fringe, then Thor afterwards. Fringe will not wait.

I was thinking of a potential title for the season 4 thread the other day. How does "WTF is going on here?" sound?

Yaweee

PhoncipleBone said:
Got my priorities straight for tonight. Dinner, Fringe, then Thor afterwards. Fringe will not wait.

I was thinking of a potential title for the season 4 thread the other day. How does "WTF is going on here?" sound?

lol, too early to tell what the fuck is going to be the theme of S4.

New credits tonight or bust!

Thank God we got away from Olivia as our A plot. Anny Torv angers me. Joshua Jackson has JUUUUST about lost his Dawson Creek cred with me so thats exciting. I'm starting to see him as Peter and not Pacey.

Just hope Walter and Astrid come out of this okay.

Teh Hamburglar said:
Thank God we got away from Olivia as our A plot. Anny Torv angers me. Joshua Jackson has JUUUUST about lost his Dawson Creek cred with me so thats exciting. I'm starting to see him as Peter and not Pacey.

Pacey never dies!

ElRenoRaven

Teh Hamburglar said:

I guess it's good for me that I never watched that show. I couldn't stand the 1 episode I ever saw in the day. If I don't like a show I don't follow it. So for me I never thought of him as that character.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Hmm, I probably shoulda caught up reading this thread to warn me about watching that crazy ass preview trailer. Just caught the clip on a blog post without thinking twice about it. Had no idea it was gonna reveal that much. Would've been cool to have a lot of that stuff be a surprise.

But goddam did it ever do it's job, it's a hell of a tease. I'm beyond excited about everything they showed.

Teh Hamburglar said:

For me nowadays, he's about 10% Pacey, 70% Peter, and 20% Joshua Jackson.

It took a long while to reach that 70%.

mm04

I never really got into Dawson's Creek so he's about 5% that guy that used to act the character of Pacey, 10% of that guy is banging Diane Kruger and 85% Peter Bishop.

Thanks for the warning BB, sometimes I read the description when I'm double-checking that my DVR is set to record for re-watch.

big ander

Teh Hamburglar said:

Anna Torv season 1? Worthy of your anger. Anna Torv since? Fan-freaking-tastic.
Solo said:
He has been Peter since day one. Except when he visits the conventions in the summer.
Can't wait for Pacey-Con 2011. Already have my tickets.
Catalix said:
Hmm, I probably shoulda caught up reading this thread to warn me about watching that crazy ass preview trailer. Just caught the clip on a blog post without thinking twice about it. Had no idea it was gonna reveal that much. Would've been cool to have a lot of that stuff be a surprise.

But goddam did it ever do it's job, it's a hell of a tease. I'm beyond excited about everything they showed.
I must have bad retention because I watched the trailer and I still don't know what the hell to expect tonight.

ElRenoRaven

PhoncipleBone said:
Just saw that a Little Caesars opened down the road. FUCK YEAH! Little Caesars, Fringe, then Thor. It will be a good night!

Nice. Sometimes you just need a cheap ass 5 buck hot and ready pizza.

PsychoRaven said:

I haven't lived near a Little Caesars in over a decade. It is more a nostalgia thing. The pizza is cheap and not that great, but it is better than Dominos. Funny enough, we have a lot of fantastic local pizza joints here in CT, but I am most excited about cheap fast food pizza.

Just the memories of childhood and getting the Pizza! Pizza! Deal with Crazy Bread every week when I was a kid.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
PsychoRaven said:

Hot'n'Ready's are one of the four major food groups for poor college students.

big ander

I'm gonna slum it even further in a way I feel Walter would appreciate: I'm gonna have a corn dog for dinner.

Spire said:
Hot'n'Ready's are one of the four major food groups for poor college students.
I'm a weird college student. I would say my food groups are to-go sushi, bacon, chicken fingers, pop-tarts, and cherry coke zero.

ElRenoRaven

PhoncipleBone said:
I haven't lived near a Little Caesars in over a decade. It is more a nostalgia thing. The pizza is cheap and not that great, but it is better than Dominos. Funny enough, we have a lot of fantastic local pizza joints here in CT, but I am most excited about cheap fast food pizza.

Just the memories of childhood and getting the Pizza! Pizza! Deal with Crazy Bread every week when I was a kid.

Tell me about it. I used to work there when I was younger. We'd make dough up for days at a time. The only time I'd remotely eat some was days we'd make fresh dough. That said though it was one of my most favorite jobs. I worked delivery. If I could make a career that actually made money out of it I would. I loved doing it. It was never boring thanks to the large variety of people and houses you'd deliver to.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
PhoncipleBone said:
Hot'n'Ready, Ramen, and what else?

I'd throw 99 cent burritos from Taco Bell and other unsavory fast food joints in there. I also got a lot of mileage out of cheap boxed pasta like mac & cheese, but I would probably lump that in with ramen.

ArtistDude88 said:
Season finale tonight?!

Boy I can't wait for the epic
cliff-hanger
!

This is probably a more accurate version of what will happen tonight:
SCANNERS-GIF-01.gif

big ander said:
Sneak peek clips are out there, but with only 2 and a half hours to go I'd be a bitch if I watched them.
Only thing I have seen is the preview last week, and the one scene from a few days ago. I did not see the trailer that came out, so I am mostly fresh. Except that one call sheet.

Cannot wait!

Solo

Grey titles!
Future Olivia is still smokin'!
Wormtongue!

dat beard!

I love the thought that Peter, Olivia and Astrid have been working together for 20 some years.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The beginning made me think I missed the first hour of the show.

I really should thank my brother for bugging me until I started to watch this show.

Solo

Walter has Bell's Palsy or something. Senator Broyles with dat eye! I love that Peter and Olivia married. The promo last week was cut to make it look like anything but.

Although this is awesome, I'm not comfortable with all the plot threads they left dangling. I hope this is just a vision of the future and that they don't stay there.

Top Bottom