• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRINGE Season 3 |OT| Inexplicably renewed for a 4th season!

oatmeal

Banned
Subscribed to the Fringe Podcast.

That main guy has the most...soothing voice ever. When he does the recap to the slow piano version of the theme...I almost fell asleep (whilst driving).

big ander

oatmeal said:
Subscribed to the Fringe Podcast.

That main guy has the most...soothing voice ever. When he does the recap to the slow piano version of the theme...I almost fell asleep (whilst driving).
Oh man I know. I don't listen to many podcasts anymore, but when I did I'd usually listen to them around bedtime. I'd stay up and mess around on the web while listening in bed. Whenever I'd listen to that one his voice would just lull me into a quick sleep. Great cast though.

As they probably haven't even started working on Season 4 yet, you'd think a video uploaded by Fox at this stage would be called Finding Season 4('s Budget).

Joking aside, good on them for championing this show the way they have. Promos have been uniformly excellent!

Clevinger

Writer-Producer David Fury Joins 'Fringe'

Former Lost co-executive producer David Fury is joining the upcoming season of Fox's Fringe as writer/consulting producer, reuniting with Lost creator/executive producer J.J. Abrams, who executive produces Fringe. In addition to his work on the first season of Lost, Fury is also known for his work on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its spinoff Angel. He most recently served as writing executive producer on the pilot for Fox's Terra Nova until his departure in September over creative differences.

It's only a reasonable thing if he doesn't bring any of his buddies with them.

"Fringe was never about pseudo science it was about the characters!"

Solo

David Fury joining Fringe? HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK. BEST. NEWS. EVER.

Zoe said:
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

He was LOST's one great writer. Only wrote for S1.

DAVID FURY? HOLY CRAP!!!

Amazing "Buffy" episodes? CHECK
Amazing "Angel" episodes? CHECK
Amazing "Lost" episodes? CHECK
Amazing "24" episodes? CHECK

Is this a good thing? NOPE. It's a FANTASTIC thing. One of the best genre writers around.

Solo

I can petty much guarantee that S4's best episode will be penned by Fury (and hopefully directed by Brad Anderson).

The David Fury news is awesome. The only demerit on is resume is being involved in the shittiest season of 24.

But he wrote Walkabout on Lost. Best episode of that series.

Cipherr

PhoncipleBone said:
The David Fury news is awesome. The only demerit on is resume is being involved in the shittiest season of 24.

But he wrote Walkabout on Lost. Best episode of that series.

Oh wow. Man.....this fucking show.

Such awesome news. Could only be topped by bringing in Bryan Fuller for an episode. Screw it, bring in Ron Moore for one too when you are at it!

So happy for Fury though.

Just finished watching up to episode 12.

OMFG

This show went from "Meh, it's watchable", from the start of Season 1 to wow at the S1 finale, to "This is pretty good" for S2 to "Holy crap!" at the finale to a non-stop barrage of OMGWTFBBQAWESOME for this entire season!

No spoilers for the episodes I'm yet to watch, but couldn't they find a better name for Alternate Reality Olivia than Fauxlivia? I prefer Altivia, personally (and Altstrid for Astrid, Broylesimile for Broyles etc).

viciouskillersquirrel said:

OMFG

This show went from "Meh, it's watchable", from the start of Season 1 to wow at the S1 finale, to "This is pretty good" for S2 to "Holy crap!" at the finale to a non-stop barrage of OMGWTFBBQAWESOME for this entire season!

No spoilers for the episodes I'm yet to watch, but couldn't they find a better name for Alternate Reality Olivia than Fauxlivia? I prefer Altivia, personally (and Altstrid for Astrid, Broylesimile for Broyles etc).

Bolivia (Olivia B) was her name in the scripts for a while, which was not that good. It is hard to get a good one though, as Walternet tops all regardless

Keyser Soze said:
Bolivia (Olivia B) was her name in the scripts for a while, which was not that good. It is hard to get a good one though, as Walternet tops all regardless
Yeah, Walternate is pretty good. I've even taken to calling the real Olivia and Astrid by nicknames like Realivia, Realstrid, though I'm not sure that'd catch on.

big ander

Solo said:
100% unadulterated truth. We need Terry O'Quinn on Fringe this season.
TOQ on Fringe would literally give me a boner.
I'm already thinking this is strange putting this down, but I have shit-all to lose.
viciouskillersquirrel said:

OMFG

I preferred Altlivia too, but nobody would use it. And I think Bolivia is actually more popular.

ElRenoRaven

PhoncipleBone said:
Guess I am in the minority that loved the Fauxlivia name before it became official. Oh well.

Nah. This is Neogaf. We're always in the minority. So Fauxlivia is loved everywhere but here. Just for the record I'm a fan of Fauxlivia too.

oatmeal

Banned
big ander said:
I don't listen to many podcasts anymore, but when I did I'd usually listen to them around bedtime.

most_interesting_man.jpg

big ander

I don't at all consider this a spoiler because if you really didn't think this was happening you're insane:
http://twitter.com/thefutoncritic: Confirmed, Josh Jackson will be back (somehow) for Season 4 of #Fringe. (Josh is filming a movie in New Orleans, accord to #JohnNoble)
oatmeal said:
Haha. Though really, my post fits whatever the opposite of the Most Interesting Man In The World would say. I think we need a Least Interesting Guy In The World meme.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Anyone know when we should expect this season to be available on DVD/Bluray? I'm hoping to be able to watch it with my brother(he is about halfway in Season 2 now).

If it only release 1 month before Season 4, i fear he wont have enough time to watch all of it before Season 4 starts since we watch like 2-3 episodes per week. :( Unless we do some marathon on it lol.

big ander

Bisnic said:
Anyone know when we should expect this season to be available on DVD/Bluray? I'm hoping to be able to watch it with my brother(he is about halfway in Season 2 now).

If it only release 1 month before Season 4, i fear he wont have enough time to watch all of it before Season 4 starts since we watch like 2-3 episodes per week. :( Unless we do some marathon on it lol.
It normally releases about a week before the next season starts. :/

Cipherr

PhoncipleBone said:
I can't tell if you are seeing it as positive or negative that he wrote Walkabout.

And I will echo the Bryan Fuller love as well.

Definitely positive. Walkabout was freaking amazing.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Solo said:
David Fury joining Fringe? HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUK. BEST. NEWS. EVER.

Holy fucking shit, what he said! Jesus christ, Fringe ain't even playing fair no more. Too much good shit going on.

PhoncipleBone said:
Guess I am in the minority that loved the Fauxlivia name before it became official. Oh well.
here, here. That's just what I naturally called her before I heard it on the show. Made perfect sense at the time.

noah111

Still Alive
GDJustin said:
That would actually be pretty ace.
Ace it would not be. I (and many others I assume) have far too much invested in our perception of the character his face is no inextricably linked to. Plus he doesn't have that 'voice'.

However that fat observer with the high voice was pretty shitty imo too, so who knows. Can't wait to find out the history of the observers next season, hope it satisfies.

Clevinger

I'm almost caught up now. The only thing I hate about this show, other than Anna Torv's acting, is the Observers. I don't mind the concept of them, but the way they look, the way they act, the way they talk, especially to each other, is so awful. Every time they appear on the screen it suddenly feels like a bad Star Trek episode.

Everything else has been stellar. Especially John Noble.

gdt

Late...but Fury is on Fringe? Daaaaaaaamn.

Oh and Terry O'Quinn as the leader of The Observers (he needs to have emotion..of course) sounds kinda awesome.

Top Bottom