• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Dust |OT| Eric Chahi is the new Molyneux

Winnie the Pimp said:
damn it...

this was one of the few games i was gonna actually buy DAY ONE to support the devs but in this case, i'm not even sure i'm not gonna steam sale this sucker now in retaliation to this!

Retaliation?

"I was going to support the devs, but now I'm SO MAD AT HAVING TO WAIT THREE WEEKS that I won't even buy it for $3."

We don't even know why it got delayed at this point. Something happens and everyone pulls this out:

office_space_kit_mat.jpg

People here sometimes...sheesh.

hey i can be pissed if i WANT to ;P

and i don't care if it's the devs or the publisher or whoever decided to do this, all i know is i was pumped for the game and was GOING to buy it day one and now it's not coming... the Xbros WILL have it available though :mad:

like i said it's fine though, i will just buy it later on a steam sale... i'm going on vacation during the middle of august as well so screw day one in this case!

Twinduct

Still gonna buy this, but fuck them. If it was a technical issue, don't wait until the last minute. If I was in Japan, I'd buy AC2 dvd and cut it up on video!

Gala

Still day 1 for, though. Excellent timing anyway. After 2 days at Gamescom in Cologne, this is the best thing to relax in the evening

Weenerz

Banned
mxgt said:
http://twitter.com/#!/GreenManGaming/status/95525617172365312

:|

And just like that, I will not be buying this game. Shitty developers that cater to consoles when tons of PC gamers want their game do not get my support.

Are you guys really stunned by this August thing? You all really thought MS would allow this to go on PC while doing their Summer of Arcade promotion? That's incredibly naive of you all.

Weenerz said:
And just like that, I will not be buying this game. Shitty developers that cater to consoles when tons of PC gamers want their game do not get my support.

That is the stupidest logic I've read in a GAF thread in a while, congrats.

Helmholtz

This is fucking bullshit. I was so damn pumped to play this...
and you just know it's because of summer of arcade exclusivity. They should never have advertised this as coming out on the same day.
FateBreaker said:
Are you guys really stunned by this August thing? You all really thought MS would allow this to go on PC while doing their Summer of Arcade promotion?
They've always advertised it as coming out on the same day as the 360 version, on their website and everywhere else. So yes, we expected it to come out on the same day.

Weenerz said:
I would blame the publisher, the people actually making the game had nothing to do with this decision I'm sure.

Qwomo

Weenerz said:
haha

A+ for what I hope is satire

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Visualante said:
With no co-op and multiplayer I'm not expecting it to have any. Unless they make good on the promise and patch it in.

..... :|
I don't...

No replay? This is a god game. It's the very definition of replay. I don't know how long the campaign is, but it has a challenge mode with I think 30 missions. And the whole fun of it is going back in and fucking around with the physics and world.

mxgt

Banned
FateBreaker said:
Are you guys really stunned by this August thing? You all really thought MS would allow this to go on PC while doing their Summer of Arcade promotion? That's incredibly naive of you all.

2 days from release I thought maybe this time it would be different.

:(

Helmholtz

CitizenCope said:
Damn! Your saying it got canceled?
Basically did for me, considering I go on vacation the day it releases and I have school after that. It's my fucking birthday today, HOW COULD THEY DO THIS TO ME? :p

Helmholtz said:
Basically did for me, considering I go on vacation the day it releases and I have school after that. It's my fucking birthday today, HOW COULD THEY DO THIS TO ME? :p
Well HBD! Thanks for not starting a thread about it. =D

Weenerz

Banned
Neuromancer said:
I would blame the publisher, the people actually making the game had nothing to do with this decision I'm sure.

Meant publisher, but my point still stands. The set a release date, 2 days before it was supposed to come out they announce a 3 week delay. I'm sure I am in the minority, but I won't be buying it now. I like to support publishers that support PC gaming.

Deadstar

I feel bad for the developer. They are going to lose a lot of money because of this. I'm going to buy it on pc when it comes out but I'm sure some people will not buy it because of the delay.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Deadstar said:
I feel bad for the developer. They are going to lose a lot of money because of this. I'm going to buy it on pc when it comes out but I'm sure some people will not buy it because of the delay.

In reality I doubt it will hurt them at all. Summer of Arcade games always sell well and I'm sure Ubisoft is fully aware of that. I'd be willing to bet that From Dust will sell more in SOA and hitting PC 3 weeks later than it would launching at both simultaneously but not being in SOA.

Deadstar said:

Then those people either didn't care about the game in the first place or really don't want Ubisoft to publish a PC game ever again.

Oh and they are missing out on one of the games I've had the most fun with this year.

Phloxy

Lot of tears over a three week delay, jesus if Valve delayed a game 3 weeks people would be all BUT IT'L BE WORTH IT ILL WAIT 3 YEARS EVEN, fucking fanboys disgust me. And don't try to argue all you morons whining about OMG NO BUY CUZ OF A 3 WEEK DELAY, see you in 3 weeks when you are playing it anyways.

Phloxy said:
Lot of tears over a three week delay, jesus if Valve delayed a game 3 weeks people would be all BUT IT'L BE WORTH IT ILL WAIT 3 YEARS EVEN, fucking fanboys disgust me. And don't try to argue all you morons whining about OMG NO BUY CUZ OF A 3 WEEK DELAY, see you in 3 weeks when you are playing it anyways.

They could have been straight with us about not wanting to release the PC version simultaneously. I doubt something happened this morning which forced them to delay the release by 3 weeks. It's probably something they had planned for a while and just didn't bother to mention it, letting everyone believe it was releasing tomorrow.

spindoctor said:
They could have been straight with us about not wanting to release the PC version simultaneously. I doubt something happened this morning which forced them to delay the release by 3 weeks. It's probably something they had planned for a while and just didn't bother to mention it, letting everyone believe it was releasing tomorrow.

To be totally fair, we honestly don't know if they are lying or telling the truth. So unless someone from within Ubisoft talks about it, we can guess and become angry at a hypothesis.

Vinterbird said:
To be totally fair, we honestly don't know if they are lying or telling the truth. So unless someone from within Ubisoft talks about it, we can guess and become angry at a hypothesis.

While you are right with this, don't you think it's funny how it's ALWAYS the PC versions that get shafted like this and NEVER the 360 ones?

Backfoggen said:
Any reviews yet? I'd love a good god game and loved Another World, but videos looked kind of boring to me..

Reviews in 20 hours and 40 minutes

Winnie the Pimp said:
While you are right with this, don't you think it's funny how it's ALWAYS the PC versions that get shafted like this and NEVER the 360 ones?

Not really. The game was in certification forever ago, and done. So they could publish it and get to work on the PC port of the game, which they don't have to hand in to Steam publishing three months before launch in order to get it on the service at launch. They could have stumbled across a bug, a driver issue or something totally unforeseen during testing and that caused them to push the game back.

Or it is a marketing ploy. I don't know, but there can be made arguments for both ends.

Eric Chahi am cry.

Come on guys, I know you're pissed, but this is the first game from the dude in years. I wouldn't let a publisher fuckup ruin for you what could be an awesome game.

Vinterbird said:
18:00 GMT 1+ (thats when I can talk about it, not sure what that translates to in other word times), but essentially 22 hours form now.
Thanks bud.

Twinduct

Phloxy said:

Can't speak for those who won't buy, as I will. But from my perspective, it's just due to the timing of the delay. It this was announced last week, I'd have been ok. But it's like two days away :<

Damn. I thought something was up when there was no Steam page and it was due in 2 days.

I guess I'll have to try the 360 demo and see if it's worth the wait.

Rad-

zoner said:
One week before Deus Ex? Sorry, I'll be playing the game that doesn't think my system's an after thought.

WTF Deus Ex is that close?

Edit: Checked the release date, omg only a month. :eek:

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Man... how depressing. I was really looking forward to this.

I wonder what the reasoning is. Oh well, I'll still be getting it once it comes out in August.

TheOddOne said:
Guys, I know this sucks for PC gamers but buy it when it comes out... so we can get more games like that.
Yeah really. Not buying this when it comes out because you're mad at the delay is a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Looks like I won't have time to write my review on time for tomorrow's embargo. I'll have some videos at least. Damn I love this game.
Winnie the Pimp said:
People able to pirate a XBLA game: Very few (need a jtag'd console).
People able to pirate the PC release (and so not having to buy the 360 version if they want to play it day one as they SHOULD): All the others.
Ubisoft has a choice place on the 360 dashboard to get a lot of sales, why should they take the risk to lose some of them with the PC release? The loss of sales other a 3 weeks delay for the PC version is most likely minimal, while the loss of sales over piracy is without a doubt much larger.

Saty

When it's that short of delay i don't really have problems with it, especially when it's Ubisfot, but they should have given a longer heads-up.

TheOddOne

Saty said:
When it's that short of delay i don't really have problems with it, especially when it's Ubisfot, but they should have given a longer heads-up.
Yes, this is just poor communication by Ubisoft.

Fjordson

Winnie the Pimp said:
the Xbros WILL have it available though :mad:
Hell yeah we will brah! Going to chill out with this shit between Black Ops rounds.

Definitely day 1 if there's weapon customization. Can't wait to play with me and my bros.

TheOddOne

Fjordson said:
Hell yeah we will brah! Going to chill out with this shit between Black Ops rounds.

Definitely day 1 if there's weapon customization. Can't wait to play with me and my bros.
Fistbump me bro.

moai

Blimblim said:

not really, there was a method previous the spring update that involved the trial game and two profiles and a second controller and people could play the full game. i think the update fixed this method but another one emerged.
it is widely spread in chilean forums, people download the arcade games and play them without buying them. and this is not jtag consoles, they do it on normal ones.

Blimblim said:
Looks like I won't have time to write my review on time for tomorrow's embargo. I'll have some videos at least. Damn I love this game.

People able to pirate the PC release (and so not having to buy the 360 version if they want to play it day one as they SHOULD): All the others.
Ubisoft has a choice place on the 360 dashboard to get a lot of sales, why should they take the risk to lose some of them with the PC release? The loss of sales other a 3 weeks delay for the PC version is most likely minimal, while the loss of sales over piracy is without a doubt much larger.

People that looked forward to buying this on the PC: a lot
People that will buy it now: very few
People that now will pirate it or buy it for $3 on a sale: a lot

Source: my ass, just like you.

Fjordson said:

Haha awesome post.

Top Bottom