• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frozen Synapse |OT| The Thinking Man's Shooter

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Love you, guys :) Great to see you coming back. We might get to see a decent final round after all.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Brazil said:
I don't even remember how to play the game properly, but I'm in, haha.

Fucking lazy devs.

Not really lazy. More like under-delivering. They need to learn not to announce a patch/beta a patch until they're sure the patch is going to hit when they think it is.

BigAT

Yeah, I really need to get some practice in. I don't think I've really played since my last tournament game, which was forever ago.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
BigAT said:
Yeah, I really need to get some practice in. I don't think I've really played since my last tournament game, which was forever ago.

Played a match earlier today, which I almost lost against a level 6 guy. But I think I'll get the hang of it fast enough.

I'm in, lets do this.

j7f3f8.gif

Toma

Tegris said:
Unfortunately I'm going to have to withdraw as I'm pretty busy at the moment. Sorry everyone.

No problem :)

This means the next lucky loser is korei8.

Toma

Kalnos said:
I withdraw also, too much time has passed for me!

Sorry to hear, but that leaves us with welford being the next lucky loser.
Thanks for telling us, though!

Moobabe

People patch games at the worst times. I've just got a JOB! Dammit - if only I could get employed to school you fools on FS...

Toma

Moobabe said:
People patch games at the worst times. I've just got a JOB! Dammit - if only I could get employed to school you fools on FS...
Well thats the actual great thing about this game. Its possible to play 15 minutes every day, taking one turn. If you dont mind, you can definitely invite me on UK1 (TomaLexi) for such match. I dont care how long matches are taking and love to think it over a while as well.

Toma

Mudkips said:
Does anyone know what that last patch actually contained?
Did they ever put in a coop mode?

It contained the tournament feature, which has been cut out again within a few hours, a few fixes which were so minor I didnt notice them, and supposedly a change for the ranking system.

Toma

Hanzou said:
We are starting a new tournament right? I'm in!

Not quite. We are still finishing up the old one. If we still need one however to fill up a slot, I'll contact you.

Toma

Alright, most people got back to me pretty fast, we are currently only waiting for 5 others. Guess I'll give them 2 more days to respond and then will ask others to join in instead.

If you know any of these, punch them into direction of their PM's:
SpiritOfJazz
Sober
ConfidenceMan
The Executive
James-Ape

Waiting list:
Hanzou

Toma

Spirit of Jazz said:
Sorry for the late response, I'm still i... oh, never mind.

Nah, perfectly fine. I did a few matches with the patch, and changes are so minor AND we cant use the tournament function anyway, which means we'll just go ahead with the tournament this time.

Still waiting for those 4 guys though.
Sober
ConfidenceMan
The Executive
James-Ape

Anyone else might want to join in on the tournament in case they dont get back to me?

TheSeks

Toma said:

Oh god, that's terrible. No wonder they're putting the damn thing in the humble bundle, they sorely need the users since the older ones are going to keep dwindling from shit like this.

TheSeks

PjotrStroganov said:
So what's up with the servers. UK is offline? If I choose Texas, do my stats still get updated?

Probably not since games across servers can't be watched. >:/

TheSeks

PjotrStroganov said:
I see it has been fixed.

Question: Why was my last guy killed?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7VNKEP8Q3A

Screwy priority. I couldn't honestly tell you.

He's moving, he has more cover(I guess the main reason) coming out while you're standing near to a table/low-cover. You have the aim advantage, but he has the "cover" advantage for the stupid wild-shot they do in-game for battles instead of accurate on aim/standing-still sniper-shot that should be possible in game.

Toma

TheSeks said:
Screwy priority. I couldn't honestly tell you.

He's moving, he has more cover(I guess the main reason) coming out while you're standing near to a table/low-cover. You have the aim advantage, but he has the "cover" advantage for the stupid wild-shot they do in-game for battles instead of accurate on aim/standing-still sniper-shot that should be possible in game.

Actually, thats the problem. Walls dont count as cover. At least they didnt count prior to the patch. Can someone confirm they completely changed that?

In that video none of the two units had any cover whatsoever.Either they changed walls giving cover or ducking is now a disadvantage.

TheSeks

Note to self: 9 RPGs vs 9 RPGs = Performance slowdown, they weren't kidding.

Also the AI seems to shit itself when set-up that way. It won't move or fire, and rockets seem to move past people even if you duck and they're ducked and you're firing head on into them. WTF.

That said: Had an awesome set against the AI.

Also learned you can open the console and skip to the end with:

gotoMission(c1m2); or whatever for chapter and mission number. Awesome. >_>

Too bad I created a new profile to test that out and can't seem to delete that profile. At least it hasn't messed with my "legit" progress but GOD there is many maps for the singleplayer and they said they plan to flesh it out even further. D:

Toma

TheSeks said:
Too bad I created a new profile to test that out and can't seem to delete that profile. At least it hasn't messed with my "legit" progress but GOD there is many maps for the singleplayer and they said they plan to flesh it out even further. D:

Just saying.

Anyway, I'll post the tourney schedule for the final round tomorrow. If you opponent wont react within 1-2 weeks, they'll forfeit their games and we move on. There are still about 4-5 people which I tried to reach but didnt get a hold of.

TheSeks

Toma said:
Just saying.

:lol True. But the singleplayer is a bit of a drag. I mean you have to be careful because no matter how much you plan the enemy AI the AI will do something completely random and the yellow/AI-controlled AI is moronic at times and will go down in a hail of gunfire.

Also for Stroganov: http://fs.error420.com/wiki/Principles_of_Combat

Also found: http://tcftd.blogspot.com/2011/06/keep-your-enemies-close-frozen-synapse.html <--But I'm not too sure how practical this is. Because I can't visualize "slicing the pie" around corners since you can't "baby step" the players easily.

Top Bottom