• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frozen Synapse |OT| The Thinking Man's Shooter

Toma said:
Nah, perfectly fine. I did a few matches with the patch, and changes are so minor AND we cant use the tournament function anyway, which means we'll just go ahead with the tournament this time.

Still waiting for those 4 guys though.
Sober
ConfidenceMan
The Executive
James-Ape

Anyone else might want to join in on the tournament in case they dont get back to me?

Sorry, I'm in. I thought I lost in the first round though?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Confidence Man said:
Sorry, I'm in. I thought I lost in the first round though?

Lucky loser! We had a few people drop out, so the best "losers" got in :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
PjotrStroganov said:
I suspected him to never look at the match so I would win by default. Before the patch this was the case. Didn't get me a trophy:(

For those that are curious: 301290 is the game. ;) Straight up destroyed you with that rocket.

Yeah, it sucks there is a developer achievement that isn't viral. :/

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
TheSeks said:
For those that are curious: 301290 is the game. ;) Straight up destroyed you with that rocket.

Yeah, it sucks there is a developer achievement that isn't viral. :/

I got the achievement already :p Won like 4 matches and lost 2 against him I believe.

TheSeks

Toma said:
I got the achievement already :p Won like 4 matches and lost 2 against him I believe.

Yeah, well my record is like 4-18. I have no chance.

Toma

TheSeks said:
Yeah, well my record is like 4-18. I have no chance.

I remember a story on Twitter where they said that he got bombarded with "custom" games with 20 rocket launchers against only his sniper ;)
I didnt play that way, but if you cant do it any other way, there is always that possibility ;)

TheSeks

Toma said:
I remember a story on Twitter where they said that he got bombarded with "custom" games with 20 rocket launchers against only his sniper ;)
I didnt play that way, but if you cant do it any other way, there is always that possibility ;)

What, how is that possible? You can only have 10 max of each unit!?

Toma

TheSeks said:
What, how is that possible? You can only have 10 max of each unit!?

I dont know about that, but when the game launched I myself had a custom game just for fun with 50 shot gunners. They might have capped the limit in some way since launch. Anyway, 10 rocket launchers against 1 sniper should still be doable ;)

Toma

Woohoo! Final round!

Rules:
1. Find your opponent, shoot him a PM, start a round ingame and let us know if you cant reach your opponent after a few days.
Gaf Participants Profile List

2. 3 matches, if its a draw by win/loss/draw -> count out your kills and losses, the one with the better ratio wins.

3. Post your Youtube Videos to let us verify your win.

4. Get to the 1st or 3rd place and win a Steam Surprise game for 10$/€! If you can wait, you'd get it from me in the next holiday sales. That might be more than one surprise game then :)

5. For the rest of the rules , most of that stuff still applies:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29240850&postcount=1356

Next round:

Instro - Codeblue
PjotrStroganov - Doolez (Zomo)
Atrophis - Darkkn
CzarTim - tehsober (Sober)
snoopeasystreat - TheExecutive
Dutfish - korei8 ( darksagus)
Deraldin - Brazil
Friggles (blazinglazers) - slaughterking

Fresquito - TheConfidenceMan (Confidence Man)
SpiritOfJazz - Tegris
Volodja - BigAT
The_Player - Tygell (Palmer_v1)
n8bitman - Flayer
Vlodril - OldGamer(Versipellis)
Areobloust (burgomeister) - RyanDG
Jigsama (Morphis) - TomaLexi (Toma)

TheSeks

Toma said:
I dont know about that, but when the game launched I myself had a custom game just for fun with 50 shot gunners. They might have capped the limit in some way since launch. Anyway, 10 rocket launchers against 1 sniper should still be doable ;)

:lol I dug around and you can have 50+ units in a map.

I made a map with so many units, I think I'm going to crash the game on loading it. :lol

Now to challenge bin and say "sorry" when I bushwack him.

I need to figure out what error 552 "multiturn not found" means, though.

Toma

TheSeks said:
:lol I dug around and you can have 50+ units in a map.

I made a map with so many units, I think I'm going to crash the game on loading it. :lol

Now to challenge bin and say "sorry" when I bushwack him.

I need to figure out what error 552 "multiturn not found" means, though.

Btw, if you want to play a match: TomaLexi on UK 1 :) In case we havent added each other yet.

TheSeks

Gah, why do I getting error 552: Multiturn not found!?

And where the hell is Bin so I can have him die in a hail of rockets?

I can't even send an invite of the map to Pjotr. WTF.

Chris R

I asked this in the humble bundle thread but didn't get an answer.

How much single player stuff is there to do in this game? Is it just matches against bots?

rhfb said:
I asked this in the humble bundle thread but didn't get an answer.

How much single player stuff is there to do in this game? Is it just matches against bots?

No, it has quite some intricate levels. They are inspired by MP modes but combined with the story, it is quite engaging. Especially the last ones are, ehm, different:p

TheSeks

PjotrStroganov said:
Last one worked:)

That's not the map. It's just a regular challenge. I'm not sure why it keeps 552'ing my map. :/

Also got EXTREMELY lucky with that spawn and guessing you would go toward the edge to try to get my #1 machine gunner.

Chris R

PjotrStroganov said:
No, it has quite some intricate levels. They are inspired by MP modes but combined with the story, it is quite engaging. Especially the last ones are, ehm, different:p
Thanks, going to buy the bundle today :)

Wish I could play online but I don't have internet at home :(

TheSeks

PjotrStroganov said:
I got another invite from you and it game me some random match between two people I didn't know:/

Yeah, that's the custom map I was trying to load. (well, not the map on that match) and it did the same to me. Gave me a finished match that wasn't ours. I dunno what the issue is with loading my custom map. :/

Also forgot I had the game open, sorry dude. I made two moves.

Man I suck at this game. I'm on the 5th or 6th campaig mission I believe ( the first defend an area mission where you have to protect a hacker) and I just can't do it? Any decent n00b tips I may be missing?

TheSeks

Captain_Spanky said:
Man I suck at this game. I'm on the 5th or 6th campaig mission I believe ( the first defend an area mission where you have to protect a hacker) and I just can't do it? Any decent n00b tips I may be missing?

Er-protect the room? That's about it. The mission is nerve-wracking because you have to worry about the stupid AI/hacker more so than your own units.

TheSeks

Hah. Got smoked by Isaac
because I told him what to do with his lucky spawn
, drawed dragonlife, but I got REALLY lucky tagging his RPG with my machine gun to where we pretty much were in a draw situation.

TheSeks said:
Hah. Got smoked by Isaac
because I told him what to do with his lucky spawn
, drawed dragonlife, but I got REALLY lucky tagging his RPG with my machine gun to where we pretty much were in a draw situation.
For the record, that was my first game and I was pretty ignorant about most of the tactics, haha. I got a bit better afterward, but I still suck :( First time playing tonight. We did 4 games, no? 3 draws, 1 loss.

I can see myself liking this. Thanks for not shutting up about me getting this, and the person who linked me to the humble indie bundle.

TheSeks

dragonlife said:
For the record, that was my first game and I was pretty ignorant about most of the tactics, haha. I got a bit better afterward, but I still suck :( First time playing tonight. We did 4 games, no? 3 draws, 1 loss.

I can see myself liking this. Thanks for not shutting up about me getting this, and the person who linked me to the humble indie bundle.

Now do the singleplayer and fail the first mission like all of us. :lol

Yeah, we did one hostage that you didn't know how to play, so we stopped. Two dark exterminations that drawed, and one light extermination that I got lucky and clipped one of your two machine guns while I only had one machine gun + a grenadier that were set to die if we didn't reach turn limit.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
TheSeks said:
Now do the singleplayer and fail the first mission like all of us. :lol

Yeah, we did one hostage that you didn't know how to play, so we stopped. Two dark exterminations that drawed, and one light extermination that I got lucky and clipped one of your two machine guns while I only had one machine gun + a grenadier that were set to die if we didn't reach turn limit.

Hey! I didn't fail the first mission! Sure I lost half my guys on the first turn, but I still beat it! Still working on the last mission. I've got it figured out, but I still need to get my execution of it down better.

TheSeks

Deraldin said:
Hey! I didn't fail the first mission! Sure I lost half my guys on the first turn, but I still beat it! Still working on the last mission. I've got it figured out, but I still need to get my execution of it down better.

You got lucky, then. Because if you do anything in that first mission you'll get clipped pretty hard, I feel.

TheSeks

Captain_Spanky said:
OF COURSE! Silly me, how could I have missed that. Thank you so much for pointing that out, had you not re-stated the mission objective I might have missed that crucial insight.

I dunno what you want other than the blinding obvious, dude. They come to you, there's no need to leave the room to flush them out/kill them, etc. etc. etc. Put one unit at one exit, put the other at another exit. Bam, covered. It isn't that hard.

Ok I am out of the contest. All the extra time I have in my life is devoted to Dark Souls.

I think there is an obligatory seinfeldcontest.gif someplace... I am too lazy.

Toma

Alright, that means 2 out of 16 people advanced to the next round-

Snoopeasystreet
PjotrStroganov

Who is next?

Toma

TheExecutive said:
Ok I am out of the contest. All the extra time I have in my life is devoted to Dark Souls.

I think there is an obligatory seinfeldcontest.gif someplace... I am too lazy.

imout9ml-1.gif

Toma

Woohoo, another update on Steam. Wonder what it did.

And guys, play your contest games:

Toma said:
Woohoo! Final round!

Rules:
1. Find your opponent, shoot him a PM, start a round ingame and let us know if you cant reach your opponent after a few days.
Gaf Participants Profile List

2. 3 matches, if its a draw by win/loss/draw -> count out your kills and losses, the one with the better ratio wins.

3. Post your Youtube Videos to let us verify your win.

4. Get to the 1st or 3rd place and win a Steam Surprise game for 10$/€! If you can wait, you'd get it from me in the next holiday sales. That might be more than one surprise game then :)

5. For the rest of the rules , most of that stuff still applies:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=29240850&postcount=1356

Next round:

Instro - Codeblue
PjotrStroganov - Doolez (Zomo)
Atrophis - Darkkn
CzarTim - tehsober (Sober)
snoopeasystreat - TheExecutive
Dutfish - korei8 ( darksagus)
Deraldin - Brazil
Friggles (blazinglazers) - slaughterking

Fresquito - TheConfidenceMan (Confidence Man)
SpiritOfJazz - Tegris
Volodja - BigAT
The_Player - Tygell (Palmer_v1)
n8bitman - Flayer
Vlodril - OldGamer(Versipellis)
Areobloust (burgomeister) - RyanDG
Jigsama (Morphis) - TomaLexi (Toma)

Toma

The_Player said:
Wow, I didn't see it coming. So, all I need is to beat Tygell? That's all?

Well, at the moment, yeah. And you need to beat him twice to be able to advance to the next round :p (or beat him once and 2 draws)

TheSeks

I see Stroganov got Die in a Fire. Did the patch fix that? And how did you get it? Getting hit at a wall? Direct fire hit?

Top Bottom