• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frustrated with Nintendo's 'Release 1 decent game every couple of months' business?

cja

Gamespot GotM awards this year which have been exclusive (timed or otherwise) to the platform in question:

GameCube - 5 ( Tales of Symphonia, Zelda Four Sword Adventure, Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, Sonic Heroes)
Xbox 4 (Chronicles of Riddick, Rallisport Challenge 2, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, Ninja Gaiden)
PS2 - 1 (Maximo vs Army of Zin)

Only one platform that hasn't produced the exclusives this year and it isn't GameCube.

Greekboy

Banned
Kingpen said:
I decided to pull the plug on my GameCube after it has been sitting idle gathering dust for about 4 months the last game I bought was MGS:TTS. I had 6 games for it, and realized that I was only buying and keeping on average less then 2 games a year... Luckily I had another system to keep me occupied through the drought. So I am trading it toward a PS2 and not looking back. I already have an xbox. I basically got fed up with the way Nintendo puts out games for it, and the lack of 3rd party support. I have felt this way ever since the N64... I remember when the SNES was out, there was always stuff coming out to play...

I don't think I will buy a Nintendo system again unless they get the same amount of support from other developers that Sony and MS get

Welcome to Gamefaqs!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
T-1000_Model3 said:
Same here. We've basically been lied to,where the hell was this new 3rd party support that was being spoken about when the GameCube was hitting the scene. Its just an endless road of disapointments. They have the worst translations to multi console games,they are ignored by Sega for Sports,they have no online plan,and this has to be one of the worst holiday lineups in years. It needs to be said,and loud and clear. Theyre almost always lagging behind the competition-its very noticeable. If you can't keep up with the competition then its time to stop being a 1st party alltogether and offer the games that people buy from them,onto another platform.

I'm not even going to bother with any of your other arguments, but one of the worst holiday lineups in years? Heck, even without StarFox and RE4 and whatever else you can think of, Paper Mario 2 and Metroid Prime 2 are definitely enough for the holidays. Oh, and Prince of Persia 2, and Mario Party 6 (I guess,) and any games you've missed out this year, like Pikmin 2, Tales of Symphonia, Harvest Moon, whatever. There are PLENTY of good games on the GC. You're just quick to dismiss the GC's library.

cja

Son of Godzilla said:
10 Game of the Months? Do some tie or something?
Game of the month for the individual platform. so seven for each machine. Five for GC were exclusive, four for Xbox and only one for PS2. I'm not arguing the GCs games are better quality than other platforms (personally think Xbox has had the strongest line-up this year) but the amount of exclusives named gotm doesn't suggest only "1 decent game every couple of months".

Link316

Banned
GaimeGuy said:
Now, please tell me: HOW is moving a game from the holiday shopping season to January/February, and adding an extra two months of development time and costs to a game, a plot to maximize profits?

they're maximizing the profits of their OTHER games, like Metroid 2, Pikmin 2, etc, most people only buy a few games at a time, less choices = insured sales of their other games

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
T-1000_Model3 said:
Same here. We've basically been lied to,where the hell was this new 3rd party support that was being spoken about when the GameCube was hitting the scene. Its just an endless road of disapointments.

...is it even worth responding? Oh why not, it'll hardly be taxing.

Look at the N64's 3rd party support, then look at the GC's. The GC lineup is far better. Both in numbers and in quality. If, for some reason, you want to insist that only good third party games or exclusives or games which come out first on the GC first count, let's have a look at what we've got:

Sports games (I'm not listing them all)
Prince of Persia
Viewtiful Joe
SSX3
Soul Calibur II
Tony Hawk's Underground
Aggresive Inline
Rogue Leader
Rebel Strike
TimeSplitters 2
Splinter Cell
Beyond Good & Evil
PSO Ep. I & II (and III)
Resident Evil
True Crime: Streets of LA
Def Jam Vendetta
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Rayman 3
Need For Speed Underground
Spider-Man 2
LOTR: ROTK
Mortal Kombat: DA
Burnout 2
007 Everything or Nothing
Mega Man: AC
MGS: TS
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Super Monkey Ball (1/2)
Tales of Symphonia
Hitman 2
Ikaruga
Harvest Moon: AWL

And that's me just going down IGN's ratings until I got bored (I added a few good ones IGN underrated). God knows how many more there are. It doesn't even include future releases.

So, you know, no one lied to you. Get a point you can back up next time.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
cja said:
Gamespot GotM awards this year which have been exclusive (timed or otherwise) to the platform in question:

GameCube - 5 ( Tales of Symphonia, Zelda Four Sword Adventure, Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, Sonic Heroes)
Xbox 4 (Chronicles of Riddick, Rallisport Challenge 2, Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow, Ninja Gaiden)
PS2 - 1 (Maximo vs Army of Zin)

Only one platform that hasn't produced the exclusives this year and it isn't GameCube.

oops.

oh.. and people... just because you arent buying multiplatform games for your cube.. doesnt mean they dont exist.

I think by the end of this current gen I'll have well over 100 Gamecube games. I'll maybe have 10 Xbox games. Maybe. And if it's a lucky little punk my PS2 will have 20 titles to his name.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
I havent touched my PS2 since god knows how long, and the only reason i had touched it this year was because of FFXI, which i cancelled. So far this year its been xbox and gamecube all the way. You dont see me make a rant and "pull the plug" on ps2 in some melodramatic queer play, as if anyone in this forum would care anyway.

I think that peoples who buy a system and because they havent played it for a while, even though there's plenty of games out, sell their system, are simply dumb, it goes for all platforms, a console is a 5 years investment, not a few months. Then when the next GTA or MGS3 comes, they rebuy the ps2, when metroid prime 2, RE4 come out, they'll rebuy the GC, when Halo 2 and KOTOR 2 will come, they'll rebuy xbox, always losing money by doing so.

Someone i know at work must have bought and sold back his PS2 at least 4 times since its launch, what a dumbass..

Memles

To answer the thread's question...no. Not really...I have trouble affording games as it is, if they started giving me any more than 1 every two months, I'd be poor really damn fast. As it is, there are games I'd like to pick up (Pikmin 2) that I just can't afford right now (Or, two weeks from now)

Top Bottom