• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Z44gqNt.jpg

Virtual European electro-pop band Studio Killers had a Kickstarter last year to fund a live performance, which was pretty cool. The trailer shows they actually had to appear in Fox and Mink suits to match their virtual personas, which is awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTMsgW1eFTQ

I've always liked the idea of virtual bands (Gorillaz, etc) because it allows the band to be more diverse, visually, and creative in ways you can't really be if people are attached to a physical icon. Daft Punk understood this well from the get-go.

Makes for some cool fan-art too:

1KEEvGR.jpg

60LhNZK.jpg

Kater

Banned
So I watched The Cat Returns a few days ago and I have to say, the animation and the designs were just phenomenal.

tumblr_n59tfhbl6m1shdhdjo2_500.gif

tumblr_n59tfhbl6m1shdhdjo1_500.gif

tumblr_mt2v350hbM1qi0kfro1_500.gif

tumblr_mycsqo8Uvd1s5ns1so1_500.gif

Easy recommendation for anyone who likes Studio Ghibli's other output and a definite must watch for any furry. :3

So I watched The Cat Returns a few days ago and I have to say, the animation and the designs were just phenomenal.

I always loved the design on the "secret service" cat.

Anything Ghibli is a must-watch: they're not called the Disney of Japan for nothing. I also recommend Porco Rosso for its fun factor,

Pom Poko for its heart,

and while not really furry, Whisper of the Heart because it sets some of the stage used in The Cat Returns and has the most adorable Japanese rendition of Country Roads ever.

And now I'm sad again about Ghibli shutting down. But they've all worked so hard, especially Hayao Miyazaki.

Kater

Banned
I always loved the design on the "secret service" cat.

Anything Ghibli is a must-watch: they're not called the Disney of Japan for nothing. I also recommend Porco Rosso for its fun factor, Pom Poko for its heart, and while not really furry, Whisper of the Heart because it sets some of the stage used in The Cat Returns.
Yeah, the secret service cats with their fur that looks like a suit? That's just pure genius.

I will look the films up that you mentioned, never heard of them. I only watched Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away.

Oh, and I watched the concert you linked to, as you've said, it reminds a lot of Gorillaz, with the idea of having virtual fake personas instead of real people. Will check out their other work as well.

My favourite Ghibli film is probably Laputa: Castle in the Sky. A classical story told with a lot of heart, with enough plot twists to keep things interesting.

Studio Killers looks like a cool concept, but that sort of electronica has never really interested me. Great concept, though!

I tell myself I'll make a plan to deal with it. Tomorrow, of course.

No, seriously, it's a big problem for me. I try to break things up into smaller tasks to make whatever I'm putting off less intimidating; that way I can at least make a little bit of progress instead of doing nothing. But some days I really just can't be bothered.

Gattuso

I don't even try to stop myself from doing it. When I get to something is just when I get to it. I'll usually put stuff off until the last minute with quite a few things actually.

D-Pad

I wait until the deadline and I do it right in the deadline's face. The deadline can't do shit but cry and watch as I S-rank the task right in front of its fucking face. Never breaking eye contact.

Kater

Banned
Made me smile, so I thought I'd share it with you all here:

niBQCnn.jpg

Artist is EclipseWolf (FA)

You should also check out the rest of his work, lots of quality quality (cartoon-y) art, and really varied in style.

Chuck

Still without luck
Made me smile, so I thought I'd share it with you all here:

niBQCnn.jpg

Artist is EclipseWolf (FA)

You should also check out the rest of his work, lots of quality quality (cartoon-y) art, and really varied in style.

He's definitely one of my favorite artists. so amazingly talented.

..and hot when he wants to be

ibnBkDxhfLR3OX.png

Kater

Banned
This is not how I remember KK Slider from my time spent at Club LOL in AC:NL. >.>

Not complaining though. (=^・ω・^)y

Yeah, I went through his gallery and he has quite a lot of good sfw art. Really cute and / or funny art, mostly. And his adult art is fantastic as well, yeah.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
See now...

>thread about animation outside of Disney/Pixar, their quality, etc.
>tells people that no one really watches them or at least actually probes them, and they aren't that big in GAF
>Golden Globe appears
>HTTYD2 won
>bunch of people bitching

And they wonder why I don't really like animated movie threads in GAF.

See now...

>thread about animation outside of Disney/Pixar, their quality, etc.
>tells people that no one really watches them or at least actually probes them, and they aren't that big in GAF
>Golden Globe appears
>HTTYD2 won
>bunch of people bitching

And they wonder why I don't really like animated movie threads in GAF.

There's a lot that can be said about GAF, but it'd be a mistake to see GAF as anything other than an insular community. Because it is. It might have a lot of smaller internal cliques, but generally speaking, GAF is no different than Reddit, Imgur or Facebook, places like that - the people who spend all their time on it consider it their "front page of the internet", and eventually come to think that "everyone must be here, because I am, and it's so popular."

GAF might not be a hivemind, but it does have certain trends, certain louder voices that post more, that become the more visible opinions over time. These trends shift and change, so one month GAF is accused of being in Sony's pocket, the next it's accused of being in Nintendo's pocket, etc.

I saw a lot of stuff like that when writing for magazines: if we had a lot of coverage for Product A, we were accused of being biased and paid off by Product A. Next month, we cover Product B, and the same thing happens. Somehow, we were always paid off, by everyone, even though that wasn't really possible.

That, and it's GAF. People sign up here specifically to bitch, because they think there's a big audience that they can rant to. :p

Boss Doggie

There's a lot that can be said about GAF, but it'd be a mistake to see GAF as anything other than an insular community. Because it is. It might have a lot of smaller internal cliques, but generally speaking, GAF is no different than Reddit, Imgur or Facebook, places like that - the people who spend all their time on it consider it their "front page of the internet", and eventually come to think that "everyone must be here, because I am, and it's so popular."

GAF might not be a hivemind, but it does have certain trends, certain louder voices that post more, that become the more visible opinions over time. These trends shift and change, so one month GAF is accused of being in Sony's pocket, the next it's accused of being in Nintendo's pocket, etc.

I saw a lot of stuff like that when writing for magazines: if we had a lot of coverage for Product A, we were accused of being biased and paid off by Product A. Next month, we cover Product B, and the same thing happens. Somehow, we were always paid off, by everyone, even though that wasn't really possible.

That, and it's GAF. People sign up here specifically to bitch, because they think there's a big audience that they can rant to. :p

Pretty much. I find it weird that it's /co/ where I can talk about animation easily.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
One of the worst written Wikipedia articles I've ever seen holy shit,

It's like a NeoGAF post.

Boss Doggie

The funny thing is I discovered it in /v/

B0WxEoo.png

Also

*opens pixiv*
*looks up new submissions on watched artists*
*buff lion doing otter mode bunny*

that's nice to start pixiv

Top Bottom