• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

Thien

Neo Member
Figured I'd stop lurking here and say hi! :3

Anyways anyone heading to further confusion this weekend in San Jose? I'll be there!

Thien

Neo Member
Thanks guys! I'll be sure to take some photos!

And yep it's definitely one of the more unique con names!

Edit: I really wanna try to make an east coast con sometimes too (maybe this year) as well as go overseas to an European or Australian con! One day!

Kater

Banned

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
Got a bit tired from people always asking if I am from a Spanish speaking country so I asked a mod for the name change. It's German for tomcat.

German seems to be good for nicks. I recently switched my Twitter over to Hupfen (German for "hop"), it sounds a lot better and surprisingly wasn't taken.

Kater

Banned
German seems to be good for nicks. I recently switched my Twitter over to Hupfen (German for "hop"), it sounds a lot better and surprisingly wasn't taken.
But it's "hüpfen" and not "hupfen". "Hupfen" is more of a slang form of it in Austria (where I live :3) and some parts of South Germany.

Anyway, you are right, it's great for nicknames. :D

I'm not even in Europe. :3

/southeast Asian
And there are no cons in your area or in some of the bigger cities?

Hop

But it's "hüpfen" and not "hupfen". "Hupfen" is more of a slang form of it in Austria (where I live :3) and some parts of South Germany.

Yes, but I'm American, therefore umlauts are restricted to use in heavy metal bands. :p

(I know it should be hüpfen, but practicality won out)

Also I kinda outed myself as a furry at work today, though only one person noticed

Hop

So I shared this around the team yesterday, because I had shared the site the day before and wanted to brag about being in something resembling news. One coworker noticed my Product Hunt tagline ("web developer & rabbit") and called me out on it, so I was all "yea, I'm a rabbit, thought it was obvious" and so forth.

As the day went on, I'm pretty sure everyone but him just assumed I was being "quirky designer girl" ('cause they've had those in the past), whereas he took me a bit more to my word. So we had little side chats about spirit animal-type stuff and his son's growing interest in rabbits and so forth.

I mean, I haven't used the word "furry" yet, but I already get a sense that the association of me=rabbit is going to spread and solidify. Which is fine. :3

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
As the day went on, I'm pretty sure everyone but him just assumed I was being "quirky designer girl" ('cause they've had those in the past)

I thought this was just a thing male authors made up to satisfy their fantasies.

Kater

Banned
yus - but thats just coincidence xD
Ah, gotcha. Still, I do like it that there are others in here who like the races from the Elder Scrolls world.

Yes, but I'm American, therefore umlauts are restricted to use in heavy metal bands. :p

(I know it should be hüpfen, but practicality won out)

Björk is heavy metal? :p

Nothing that I'm aware of.
Ah, shame. No meet-ups either? We don't have big cons in my country from what I've read but there are smaller meetings every year or so. Could be worth checking out.

This thread needs more Falco Lombardi, Amaterasu, and Alice The Rabbit. :)

I'm still an outsider. ╮(╯▽╰)╭

D-Pad

^ Which Falco?

(Ordered from best design to worst thing ever)
Seabl91.png

mrDFg29.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
but I always do :I

Well occasionally

starfox_falcolombardiofjna.jpg

(I can't find this from his gallery anymore, it's made by Penn)

There's also this, but I shall only share it in link form because it's bordering. It's a crop from a commission.

And the other Falco pics I have are too lewd for GAF.

I give props for Nintendo for hiding the fact that he's a fucking pheasant. Normally I only go for birds of prey (owls excluded).

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Bowser should avoid using the internet. He might find... something.

How do you know he wouldn't be looking on purpose?

He looks suspiciously...cute. For some reason. I hope it's not because I'm just plain weird.

Fierce things can look cute in their own way; a bengal tiger is pretty damn scary when you think about it, yet people tend to think they look like big adorable kitties.

I've seen those around before; there's a company in Japan that makes life size air-blown Monster Hunter creature displays for trade shows. They made life size legendary Pokemon too.

Fierce things can look cute in their own way; a bengal tiger is pretty damn scary when you think about it, yet people tend to think they look like big adorable kitties.

I've seen those around before; there's a company in Japan that makes life size air-blown Monster Hunter creature displays for trade shows. They made life size legendary Pokemon too.

Aww.

(I want to ride on one giant dragon!)

Gattuso

welcome to the thread!
and yes, other furs do exist on gaf!
whether they make that public knowledge or not. I see them, lurking in the shadows of gaf

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So bowser is lewd? O:

I would like Fox a little more if he manned up a bit. His Assault portrayal is the one I liked the most.

Foxes

Neo Member
I think it's multiple foxes! :eek: (How does that work, anyway? Do you post by committee? Do you take turns typing?) Either way we can always use more foxes, Foxes, so welcome! Come visit us on our IRC too if you're of a mind.

Haha yes, it's multiple Foxes. I'm actually quite surprised the name wasn't taken already.

Anyways yeah, I'll stop by the IRC!

Thien

Neo Member
Those are some pretty cool cats! :3

Anyways back home from FC. It was definitely one of my favorite FC after attending it for the 5th year in a row!!

Top Bottom