• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

Kater

Banned
The truth is everyone's a little bi.
That's such a throwaway phrase. And untrue too.

Here's some cool art. :3

tumblr_no6whzfcYe1teb6xao1_540.jpg

(Source)

There seems to be something that makes me not like things with busts where there weren't. Hmm...

Probably because it looks off when you think about it. Maybe I should stop thinking too much and just enjoy the art for what they are.

Grakl

Eølipile;163805977 said:
Well. Uh. I've been lurking in this thread since I "quit". Now I'm. Uh. Not.
So here's some art!
But it's a little lewd -- it has the boobies -- so I hope I don't upset you guys' delicate sensibilities.
Tell us how you really feel.

Thien

Neo Member
Just curious! Anyone heading to Biggest Little Furcon this weekend?

I'll be there! It's definitely an amazing convention with lots of activities to do and have just exploded onto the scene with crazy growth and popularity since it started out in 2013! Lots of fun! :3

I'll definitely be spending some time on the gokart tracks! :p

ibuWIKLQEvzjfU.jpg

Thien

Neo Member
It's a little different and challenging but doable haha. But I have pretty good vision in my suit. Some other ones would have a very severe case of tunnel vision. XD

Gattuso

Eølipile;163805977 said:
So here's some art!
But it's a little lewd -- it has the boobies -- so I hope I don't upset you guys' delicate sensibilities.

I didn't think you would come back, although are those things really necessary to say to go along with the art dump?

Refyref

I'll be there! It's definitely an amazing convention with lots of activities to do and have just exploded onto the scene with crazy growth and popularity since it started out in 2013! Lots of fun! :3

ibuWIKLQEvzjfU.jpg

Sounds like fun! Really wish I could go to one of these one day in the future.
Take some pictures for us!

Its been awhile since I've seen this character!
I remember my g/f drawing them awhile back.

FA Link!

Oh wow, she has some pretty good pieces on her gallery.

ibuWIKLQEvzjfU.jpg

I'm not going, due to me saving up the money to go to Rainfurrest this year, my local fur con. I do wanna go to BLFC next year, as many of the local Seattle furs have recommended it who have been there and really enjoyed it. And I can see why, besides the con itself there's bowling, mini-golf, go karts, movie theater, and a decent amount of restaurants all under one roof.

Eølipile;163805977 said:
So here's some art!
You can post the art you want without being an unnecessarily passive-aggressive asshole about it. It's bad enough you condescended to LGBT people before in this thread, but going back to a community full of LGBT people and actively sneering at them just makes you a fucking jerk without any respect for the people in this community or on this forum.

There are people who can and will appreciate your art, so feel free to share it. That's what the OT is for. But I'd ask you try showing respect and empathy for once and leaving this hostile and gross attitude at the metaphorical door.

Though I considered myself to be gay for the entirety of my adolescence, my involvement in the furry community actually helped me realize I was straight.

Even though I no longer consider myself gay, I still have a lot of respect for LGBT people. My adolescence, which was dominated by fear and insecurity due to my misunderstandings of my sexuality, was an experience that I think will help me relate to LGBT people,

Wow, that's pretty amazing - and great for you. Surprising too; I get the impression it's usually the other way around. But that's cool that this stuff helped you discover yourself in that way!

I believe that some things will only make themselves clear once you actually get to know it. Sometimes, it happens early, but sometimes it can take a really long time.

I still don't really have any romantic relationships yet, though. I'm planning to take things slowly and probably wait until everything is settled down...

Sometimes being on the Internet just lets you see everyone of all kinds of flavours, some good, some bad, but enlightening anyway, so long as you take the good parts.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
A VICE writer went to a furry convention and enjoyed it.

It's probably selection bias, but it feels like I've been seeing more (and more positive) references to the community in mainstream culture lately.

In an expanding universe every fringe eventually becomes a suburb, as the saying goes. Not every subculture becomes mainstream but they tend to become normalized after a period of controversy following their initial discovery.

Plus I suspect "furry outrage farming" has been unfashionable, worn-out meme for a while now. A few people stuck in the early 2000s haven't gotten the memo, but for the most part there is no glory left in seeking out furry fandom to make negative headlines with.

What do you think would be the hardest thing to anthropomorphize? I have been thinking about it and I have a feeling that certain animals and mythical creatures with a strange body shape might need to have some liberties taken to not look awkward at best...

Top Bottom