• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

Dachande

Anyone else going to Confuzzled in the UK this weekend? AFAIK I'm the only one here going, but poke me if you, mysterious reader, are and want to meet up!

Whoever's managing that account probably knew what they're getting into :p

That said, there are plenty of famous people who I doubt ever read the responses to their Twitter posts, unless it's from other verified accounts/celebs/friends.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
oh boy

KpM5m62.jpg

Really debating about posting any of the artwork of my character to you fine folks now... X3

Sure, why not?

I'm thinking of test-drawing on a Surface (Pro) 3 sooner or later. :p Still don't have it wait as I'm thinking of waiting it out.

I'm also having kind of my own rules of how human-animal hybrids should work lately... I wonder if anyone is interested in hearing the ramblings of a misnamed dragon.

Yeah (^_^)b

(It will show up if you've seen the page previously - I think that's the browser caching at work.)

In the meantime, I'll need to actually see what this Pixiv sub does fully...

Xaltheron

That was actually referenced from you in real life? That's a pretty interesting idea.

Hmm, I wonder if there's a way to draw cuter anthros...without making things look off.
It depends on the art style I guess, I know some artists who even when they try their hardest to draw something serious, it still ends up looking cute.
I'm also having kind of my own rules of how human-animal hybrids should work lately... I wonder if anyone is interested in hearing the ramblings of a misnamed dragon.
I'm always interested in what goes on in the minds of misnamed dragons :p

And speaking of cute, something appropriate considering where all my time's been going lately.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I'm going to my first ever furcon tomorrow. (Furlandia, which is apparently sort of Rainfurrest's younger brother kind of thing. Not, like a major one.) Been a furry 11 years, never been to a con before. No idea if I'm gonna enjoy it or hate it.

I do need a new commission though. My last bit of art is four years old now. So, a reason for the dealer's den, I guess.

Impala26

I'm going to my first ever furcon tomorrow. (Furlandia, which is apparently sort of Rainfurrest's younger brother kind of thing. Not, like a major one.) Been a furry 11 years, never been to a con before. No idea if I'm gonna enjoy it or hate it.

I do need a new commission though. My last bit of art is four years old now. So, a reason for the dealer's den, I guess.

Enjoy it! They certainly are more fun with friends though from my experience.
:3

It depends on the art style I guess, I know some artists who even when they try their hardest to draw something serious, it still ends up looking cute.

I'm always interested in what goes on in the minds of misnamed dragons :p

And speaking of cute, something appropriate considering where all my time's been going lately.

Aww...

I think I should draw more faces once I have the time to do so - and I'll have plenty of time between graduating and having my first permanent job.

They probably think of froofy thoughts

Now I want plushies of them.

Anton820

Neo Member
So the other day I was walking around downtown and a guy in a full body dog costume*
passed me on the side walk.**

It was terrifying!

Ironic phobia! (of mascot costumes and, apparently, fursuits.)

*Yeah it was pretty much a fur suit.
**There wasn't a furry convention in my city or anything, it was for some other thing.

Hey don't feel so bad, I'm actually the same way.

Its just something about those huge unblinking eyes that gets me.

Hop

So I enjoyed Furlandia.

(Fursuit pics incoming, sorry Hero Engine x_x)

I accidentally got a good view of the fursuit parade, near the end. That blue/white wolf in the first picture tried to eat me afterwards. He was poking me (gently) with a fork. It was adorable.

The Joker visited. He was a "curious observer", filming and commentating the whole time. I loved that everyone just immediately went with the idea. (He's giving dance lessons here for some reason.)

Didn't get a commission done, but Kitsumi had this for sale and it just looked perfect so I had to. Might commission her later, I like her style.

I'm already looking at going to Rainfurrest or Midwest Fur Fest. This was a good "starter" con, but there wasn't much content and a lot of it wasn't interesting. A bigger one, where I'm forced to be more social, would be much better.

Also I want a fursuit. :x Just a partial, I'll be sensible!

Kater

Banned
You know, even if I had a phobia of people in fursuits, that dude or girl in black hoddie and with a saber in hand is still more scary. :p

Glad you enjoyed your time at the con, Hop!

And that fox drawing is really cute. ^w^

Hop

That description is not adequate to determine who you are talking about. Oh wait do you mean the one that is sort of blurry?

Yea, the one on the very far left. With the slightly dead eyes. I kinda wanna track him down and thank him, 'cause that was the moment I went from "observing" to "participating" and that made it all worthwhile.

Hop

Good luck. I feel like the only way I could "participate" in one of these conventions is if I didn't look at or touch anything. If I made eye contact with one fursuiter and they started to walk up to me I'd probably pass out.

Awww :(

Hop

Yeah, It's sad.

Well clearly the answer is copious amounts of anti-anxiety medication! :p

Seriously though, *hug* :( If it helps, I'm pretty sure most furries exist outside of furcons as well. Haven't been able to verify that, though, but it's possible!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Already saw variations of the police uniform.

At least it's also consistent that everyone's bara there.

Already saw variations of the police uniform.

At least it's also consistent that everyone's bara there.

Furries love their fads. Not sure why police dog is suddenly a thing, since characters like the originator of the current fad have existed for decades, tons of art of exactly the same kind.

Decided to draw an establishing shot when introducing a new character in the webcomic - they take forever to do, but man is the end result worth it.

Furries love their fads. Not sure why police dog is suddenly a thing, since characters like the originator of the current fad have existed for decades, tons of art of exactly the same kind.

Decided to draw an establishing shot when introducing a new character in the webcomic - they take forever to do, but man is the end result worth it.

The room really oozes personality! :)

I'm thinking of getting either the Surface 3 or the Surface Pro 3 (128GB or i5/128GB) soon. I think I'd appreciate being able to draw in the digital realm, seeing as I don't feel like going through sheets of paper just to get something like. Also, it should be much less messy and more undo-able...

That, and I finally get to colour things with my own hand.

Kater

Banned
What's happening on the TV screen?

To me it looks lika a headless giant is grabbing Godzilla's crotch.

I really like the small details like the toy dinos and the expression on that guys face. :D

So I enjoyed Furlandia.

I'm already looking at going to Rainfurrest or Midwest Fur Fest. This was a good "starter" con, but there wasn't much content and a lot of it wasn't interesting. A bigger one, where I'm forced to be more social, would be much better.

Also I want a fursuit. :x Just a partial, I'll be sensible!
Happy you enjoyed yourself at Furlandia, a few local furs from the Seattle area I know were going and seemed to have a good time there.

Forgot to post this but will now, here's some pics from the fur party I went to a couple weeks back.
The party was fun, and great seeing and catching up with people I haven't seen in a good while. I ended up winning a husky hat in a raffle they were doing at the party (pardon me not looking at the camera, I suck at taking selfies)

Capra

The room really oozes personality! :)

I'm thinking of getting either the Surface 3 or the Surface Pro 3 (128GB or i5/128GB) soon. I think I'd appreciate being able to draw in the digital realm, seeing as I don't feel like going through sheets of paper just to get something like. Also, it should be much less messy and more undo-able...

That, and I finally get to colour things with my own hand.

Are you going to need a Surface within the next couple of months? I believe they should be releasing the Surface Pro 4 relatively soon in order to coincide with Windows 10, which should see some improvements over the 3. I was also debating getting the Pro 3, but after reading some impressions (Penny Arcade did a really helpful blog post about a year ago on it, for instance) it looks like it still has some problems as a digital art workstation and I'd at least wait to see whether the Pro 4 fixes any of its issues.

It's like they drew a pose, realized it didn't work with what they anted, put a chair in last-minute but forgot to remove the bow and arrow, then added a glass of champagne because that makes anything seem classy.

And then slapped in a backdrop, because otherwise it all looked weird.

So now it just looks like four artists all fought over an image in a terrible war.

:p

It's not a bad drawing though. Good use of colored linework with varying weights.

D-Pad

It's like they drew a pose, realized it didn't work with what they anted, put a chair in last-minute but forgot to remove the bow and arrow, then added a glass of champagne because that makes anything seem classy.

So now it just looks like four artists all fought over an image in a terrible war.

It's not a bad drawing though. Good use of colored linework with varying weights.

Thanks! I'll spend more time on the next one.

Thanks! I'll spend more time on the next one.

Didn't know it was yours! Didn't mean to talk about you in that way. ^..^; People often post unattributed art here, thought that's what you did.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot I love about it. But I have to wonder, did you thumbnail out the post and backdrop beforehand? How did you go about doing your construction of the character, in relation to the chair? Did you look up any references to people sitting in chairs?

I'm genuinely curious (artists so rarely talk about their process).

The only reason I pointed out all those things, is because they're mistakes I make too :p But that's how you know you're improving - when you can see your mistakes.

Are you going to need a Surface within the next couple of months? I believe they should be releasing the Surface Pro 4 relatively soon in order to coincide with Windows 10, which should see some improvements over the 3. I was also debating getting the Pro 3, but after reading some impressions (Penny Arcade did a really helpful blog post about a year ago on it, for instance) it looks like it still has some problems as a digital art workstation and I'd at least wait to see whether the Pro 4 fixes any of its issues.

It's not even a critical purchase, to be honest, and I find the Surface Pro 3, even in its i3 incarnation, to be sheer overkill. (Really, I'm just looking for the 128 GB + pen, but it'd also be nice to get the Type Cover at the same time. Size is more of a concern than processing power, seeing as the Atom x7 is fast enough, at least from the limited hands-on time I had.)

Nargacuga looks really cute for some reason. Must be these ears.

D-Pad

Thanks everyone~

Didn't know it was yours! Didn't mean to talk about you in that way. ^..^; People often post unattributed art here, thought that's what you did.

Maybe I should post more of my work unmarked then. Wouldn't want anyone mincing words just because the art was by someone in the same vicinity! ;3 I do appreciate your critique though, thank you again!

That started as a dumb doodle and I just finished it without making the necessary adjustments. What happens is I get lazy and don't properly plan out my perspective. If I had laid guides things might have been more aligned but eh, I slacked on a lot of things this piece: The scales, the lines (I didn't even "ink" I just cleaned up my sketch lines a bit), the colors. My anatomy is getting rusty as well.

You do a much better job with scenes than I do. Most of my enjoyment comes from drawing the character themselves, so I skimp on the backgrounds a lot of times.

Thanks everyone~

Maybe I should post more of my work unmarked then. Wouldn't want anyone mincing words just because the art was by someone in the same vicinity! ;3 I do appreciate your critique though, thank you again!

That started as a dumb doodle and I just finished it without making the necessary adjustments. What happens is I get lazy and don't properly plan out my perspective. If I had laid guides things might have been more aligned but eh, I slacked on a lot of things this piece: The scales, the lines (I didn't even "ink" I just cleaned up my sketch lines a bit), the colors. My anatomy is getting rusty as well.

You do a much better job with scenes than I do. Most of my enjoyment comes from drawing the character themselves, so I skimp on the backgrounds a lot of times.

I wish I was half as good as you guys :)

A lot of things I have start as doodles and stay that way.

Impala26

OMG, this is so spoken like my digital artist fiancée!

I look at a piece of artwork like this and think "Holy cow, this is fantastic and awesome!"

She looks at the same piece and is just a stoic:

rafiki1.gif

This is regardless of whether she did said piece or not :p

Top Bottom