• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I believe the Zootopia creative team stated they stuck to mammals because mammalian predators and prey species are clearly defined. They felt it is harder for the average person to perceive reptiles and birds as having conflicting "factions" among themselves.

So it's purely a story-related decision. The city is attempting to integrate carnivores and herbivores and the police have to keep the peace, in a non-lethal manner. (Armed with tranquilizers.)

Of course this raises the question of what exactly the carnivores are eating, if it's not their neighbors - the herbivores are seen walking about with plant-based fast food. What is McCheetah serving?

Ooh, interesting. But then again, it probably won't be too serious, being a Disney movie.

Cue (unidentified protein product) to the rescue :D

Alternatively, there's a reason there aren't any birds around...

Kater

Banned
IZf9qcF.png

I really dig Sturmschwinge's style. :3

Is anyone else here looking forward to Night in the Woods?

It looks really neat.

animated0.gif
animated1.gif
animated2.gif

animated3.gif
animated4.gif
animated5.gif

It's a super indie exploration type game, but it might be too hipster for some people. :p
That game looks good, but it's probably style over substance (hopefully I'm wrong). I'll put it on my wishlist if it comes to Steam.

Zootopia I know that it's going to be a nonstop hype train from now till it releases within the fandom, and afterwards as well most likely. I already know a few people are trying to talk with BLFC (Biggest Little Fur Con, Reno furry con) to see about having the venue's movie theater show the movie during the convention weekend.
I think the reason the movie has gotten so much buzz in the fandom besides it being a movie with furry animals, is that it looks like it would be a film that would appeal to both kids and adults, instead of just for kids. I think films for families or kids tend to be a lot more successful, though much more difficult to pull off well, is when there is a nice balance in the film in where there is stuff for to both kids and adults alike to enjoy about the movie.

Wanderer5

I think the reason the movie has gotten so much buzz in the fandom besides it being a movie with furry animals,is that it looks like it would be a film that would appeal to both kids and adults, instead of just for kids. I think films for families or kids tend to be a lot more successful, though much more difficult to pull off well, is when there is a nice balance in the film in where there is stuff for to both kids and adults alike to enjoy about the movie.

Indeed, and Disney/Pixar does a awesome job in that regards. I have faith with Disney with this movie. Actually it looking like the first couple months will be good for animated movies with anthropomorphic characters with this and Kung Fu Panda 3.

Hedge

This article. The first comment. I love reading comment chains like this.

That's my biggest fear about it. On their website they have a link to a little "supplemental game", Lost Constellation, that you can download and play but I haven't checked it out yet.

I played Lost Constellation at release, and I've been following the game closely since announcement.
If LC is anything to go by, it will have great writing, amazing music and a very average gameplay. It did at times feel as if actual gameplay got in the way of the story. I loved it more than a few of my latest retail game purchases though.

I love the sarcastic and rather snarky writing, and feel it fits the personality of the main cast incredibly well - from what we've seen.
Also "paws mode" is super cute.

To be fair, this the case with literally every pop star. Thirst tweets are everywhere.

Lick that frosting ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Chuck

Still without luck
Holy shit!!!!!

This is why my stupid tweet about him in the wrestling singlet was retweeted a couple times recently.

EDIT: GOD DAMMIT. I'm not in the article :C

Personally, I think the earlier Chinese KFP3 trailer was better than the latest one. But ultimately the movie stands on its own regardless of its marketing. I have high hopes for it.
This is why my stupid tweet about him in the wrestling singlet was retweeted a couple times recently.
link

Well, I would hope that Mr. Ping isn't pushed to the wayside.

And to be strict, I have high hopes for the film subverting how the marketing presents it - I have no idea if the movie will be good or not, but I'll take a chance and lean towards good.

The_Kid

From the way they've talked about it, I have nothing but faith. The enemy isn't Tai Lung-like regardless of how the trailer makes it seem. Apparently he can absorb powers and is more supernatural than anything else.

It feels like they have this long story planned out, and this is just another step in Po's journey.

Wanderer5

From the way they've talked about it, I have nothing but faith. The enemy isn't Tai Lung-like regardless of how the trailer makes it seem. Apparently he can absorb powers and is more supernatural than anything else.

It feels like they have this long story planned out, and this is just another step in Po's journey.

Could be different nowadays, but I believe they had like 6 films planned.

Why would you even do this... '-_-

Tony is pretty buff and athletic. Even Gawker, famed media bastion, thinks so. Hell, the only reason I'm not writing a sex-begging tweet is because I'm busy typing this post.

But the post can't go on forever. It has to end sometime. And then what?

...and then what??

Second Life 2099, get hype

...I wonder how that's going - I remember when it was seen as the next big social project (even had a Law and Order Episode using it), and then something about the sizeable fur population ingame.

Maybe the pendulum will swing back if VR gets much, much better than it is now.

Kater

Banned
He doesn't have more than 10 lines of dialogue in the actual game and he got tons of fanart already.

These two are my personal faves, after
Undyne
of course.

gcY033F.gif

Top Bottom