• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

*cough*

ddz4n2I.png

Wulfric

lmao, where is that from? It's obvious they aren't shying away from portraying sexy animals when Disney hired Shakira to be a gazelle.

It's true though, I typed Zootopia into Google Images and I didn't even have to scroll down to find Nick/Judy "art". Even the Lucario results are tame in comparison.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
FeYsrAp.png
Don't believe so, no. Zootopia's furrier than Kung-Fu Panda.
zTouy3e.png
I mean... Which would you rather watch? The new Kung-Fu Panda or Zootopia? C'mon now.

from what I gathered despite being the weakest of the KFP trilogy it still was a much better film than Zootopia

Chuck

Still without luck
from what I gathered despite being the weakest of the KFP trilogy it still was a much better film than Zootopia
Was Zootopia released in the Philippines a month early or something?

And everything I've seen from kfp promo stuff makes it look like another try hard kids movie.

Wanderer5

Wish Kung Fu Panda 3 was better (probably needed to be longer least). KFP2 set the bar high too, but 3 is enjoyable nonetheless with great visuals.

And man less than a month for Zootopia, so exciting! Ads have been popping up.

Boss Doggie

Was Zootopia released in the Philippines a month early or something?

And everything I've seen from kfp promo stuff makes it look like another try hard kids movie.

Feb 17th here, I'm using the novelization (more like picture book) for Zootopia reference. Yes Disney likes to do that.

Also

>2016
>judging animated films through their trailers

come on man, there's a reason animated films never give a proper impression in trailers

Chuck

Still without luck
Feb 17th here, I'm using the novelization (more like picture book) for Zootopia reference. Yes Disney likes to do that.

Also

>2016
>judging animated films through their trailers

come on man, there's a reason animated films never give a proper impression in trailers
I suppose you're right about the terrible trailer. And it really is effing terrible.

But I have doubts the Zootopia picture book is a fair assessment as well...

MayMay

Banned
I'm kinda excited for Zootopia, at least more excited than I've ever been for a Disney movie before..

I pre-ordered The Art of Zootopia the other day, actually. Disney Artbooks tend to be quite high quality, and because I collect all sorts of Artbooks anyways - getting this is a no-brainer.

Love the cover art.

Boss Doggie

I suppose you're right about the terrible trailer. And it really is effing terrible.

But I have doubts the Zootopia picture book is a fair assessment as well...

few details may change, and generally it's still better to see it in action, but the plot points are there. Disney likes doing that shit with all of their merchandise-able movies.

I'd even put the ending/villain here but I wouldn't.

Wulfric

I can't wait for the Zootopia art book, Disney art books are usually on point. The Frozen one is my favorite.

The novelization is probably not a good way to compare Zootopia and KFP3 though. :/

Boss Doggie

You're missing out. KFP2 is easily the best animated CGI out there.

The novelization is probably not a good way to compare Zootopia and KFP3 though. :/

Like I said, just the core plot. I can already tell KFP3 is better than Zoo visually :p

DonMigs85

I'm still amused they're tackling the issue of animal nudists
Doggie, where there any reptile or bird characters in the art book?

Boss Doggie

One thing I do have an issue is when people find out you're a furry they assume that you have specific "likes", and not the kinky stuff no, I mean they assume you like Sonic or Robin Hood and similar.

FYI I think Sonic games are not designed properly and the characters (except Vector) are shit, and I think Robin Hood is boring and has that same-face syndrome.

I'm still amused they're tackling the issue of animal nudists
Doggie, where there any reptile or bird characters in the art book?

It's not really an artbook, more like a story book (they call it novelization, but it's really more like your typical story book with pictures and text). And nope, none of that.

With that said, stereotypes play a huge element in the story so it gets kinda meh there.

Wulfric

Swat Kats is amazing, 90s cartoons were great for furries in general. The SW theme song kicks ass when the guitar solo comes in. Hopefully the kickstarter has good results.

And as a last somber note, I have to leave GAF for military training. This is a small community as it is, but I enjoy talking about furry stuff here. Keep posting everyone, and I'll pop back in soon. :)

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
CafBHA0UkAAtdgm.jpg

Have the cover for my novel.

Mar. 4 release is looking so likely that I've committed to it. Loaded the near-final draft on my Kindle and it looks like I actually know what I'm doing.

Boss Doggie

Digimon was the one that made me appreciate furries.

Swat Kats is amazing, 90s cartoons were great for furries in general. The SW theme song kicks ass when the guitar solo comes in. Hopefully the kickstarter has good results.

And as a last somber note, I have to leave GAF for military training. This is a small community as it is, but I enjoy talking about furry stuff here. Keep posting everyone, and I'll pop back in soon. :)

Good luck out there!

Boss Doggie

also I'm not really into "cartoony" design, and despite being hunky I'm really not into those Zootopia tigers.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
That's a cute cover Hop. I'm not one for ebooks usually but I would chip in for a copy once it comes out. Might wanna link it here once you do.

I put preorders up earlier, thanks to a friend pushing me about it. Though I'm a little hesitant about self-promo here, I hate to be That Person. :/

Boss Doggie

Ca7mZ_LWwAITBgB.jpg:large

is this what a fur con usually looks like

also I did say I'm not a big fan of Zootopia's character designs as a means to be a "fur" (if you get what I mean), but of course null-ghost doing it is a different story altogether

Ca5l1i2VAAAgA57.png:large

Wanderer5

Lol, Zyumans.XD

And heh heh another awesome drawing from that guy.

Man 3 weeks till Zootopia comes out. I still remember being quite interested when the first concept art came out back in 2013.

Boss Doggie

Whew, so I tried drawing with the pen tablet, how did it end up?

Also I realized some neat features with Manga Studio, like the vectors keeping thickness if you disable vector width adjust, and that I can manually adjust the lines as vectors if they ended up looking bad

Top Bottom