• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well, finished my first practice, sorta.

I need to learn how to perfectly focus on pen tool rather than accidentally using brush lol

and yeah I need to click on pressure for a more varied line stroke

one thing that prevented me from adding shading though, how do you make auto-fills in Manga Studio? In PS I simply make a new layer and use points to make areas for shading.

D-Pad

I use the lasso fill tool and hand-draw the shadows in:
xVrEQOZl.jpg

You could also use the other shape tools there and this the "set fill" button in the tool properties.

Boss Doggie

it's on a raster layer than vector layer right?

I was trying for continuous curve earlier, but my problem is that it can't mix straight lines with curved lines properly.

Also Zootopia is coming on Wednesday here.

Oh and Valentines.

Refyref

Speaking of which, I was at the movie theater last night and saw an advertisement for Zootopia. Only it's called Zootropolis here. Not translated or anything, the name is still in English. Just changed.

I don't get it.

Wulfric

I wish I could see Zootopia on the big screen. If I'm lucky I can see it at a second run theater.

Thank God I still have my phone to keep up on stuff.

Glad to see Null Ghost contributing to the plethora of Zootopia fanart. It's fantabulous.

Boss Doggie

Yeah as I said Zootopia gets better when viewed that read, though I still feel KFP3 might end up being better.

With that said very few movies could do the final act rather well rather than being forced.

Chuck

Still without luck
I have pretty moderate expectations of Zootopia. I expect it to be enjoyable and to think "look at that cutie!" a bunch while watching.

Boss Doggie

well it has plenty of cute moments

like kit Nick

then again disney pretty much spoiled almost everything about the movie

Wanderer5

well it has plenty of cute moments

like kit Nick

then again disney pretty much spoiled almost everything about the movie

I was like nope nope when they were releasing a few clips recently, and yet I saw one of them anyway lol.

I be seeing a Zootopia talk in the next couple weeks through hopefully.

MayMay

Banned
but what if they just go for it and have two gay wolf boys kiss at the end. what if!

Yes! I'd approve that *thumbs up*

If that actually happened then I'm sure the reactions of all the parents that are taking their children to see the movie would be priceless as well.

Boss Doggie

Did Clawhauser turn feral too? For donuts?

Nope, though there's that one scene.
The one spreading the virus says he's gonna target a cheetah, and jokes about how he's a great sniper regardless of his target's speed. Now, it could be any cheetah, or it could be Clawhauser
which makes it even more hilarious.

brian577

Banned
Greeting again FurryGAF. I came her a few months asking some questions that were vicariously furry related and indicated I was somewhat furry curious. Well I'm back and I'm taking the plunge. I'm attending my first furry convention this summer and I'm working on a fursona that maybe one day I'll have realized in fursuit form. I'm definitely not new to the fandom per say, I'd just never considered myself a furry and more of a "anthropomorphic enthusiast".

Anyway. I'd like some advice creating a fursona, I've got most of the details save a name and I'm almost ready to commission an artist once a figure that out. I'm looking for some advice on the design, I honestly think I might be in over my head on this. Also still working on a personality.

Species: Dog
Breed: Jack Russell Terrier
Eye Color: Blue
Primary Fur Color: Red
Secondary Fur Color: White
Paw Pad Color: Black
Tongue Color: Pink
Nose Color: Brown
Leg Configuration: Plantigrade

Red body, white chest, white up to the elbow. white hind paws, white tip on tail. Head is red with the exception of the ears being white and a white patch over the left eye.

Any details I'm forgetting? Too complex? Too simple?

Kater

Banned
You are not very specific with the colors. Red could mean any shade of red from the hundreds of shades of red that there are. Other than that your description should suffice. Although, maybe you want to add a personal sketch as well so that the artist know what proportions you have in mind. Short legs maybe, or long arms? That kind of thing. I'd imagine that makes work for the artist easier and will probably lead to a more satisfying drawing as a result for you in return.

Chuck

Still without luck
Crzh8v6.png

This month I've decided on a lesser known artist, so I recommend commissioning them and following them on various services!

Kashoune!

msGcKJn.jpg

FA
Twitter
Patreon
DA
Weasly
Tumblr
Art Tumblr

Kashoune is a furry and devil boy artist that has a semi realistic style with thin lines and sketch-line detail. Often they draw with flat colors and simple yet strong shadows which is a bit like comic books. Really cute stuff.

last month's AotM

As always, if you have any suggestions for next month, drop me a PM.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
CafBHA0UkAAtdgm.jpg

Have the cover for my novel.

Mar. 4 release is looking so likely that I've committed to it. Loaded the near-final draft on my Kindle and it looks like I actually know what I'm doing.

The book is finally going live in stores. Probably going to be Mar. 4 before it's live everywhere, but so far I've got:

Self-released (paperback/ebook)
Amazon paperback
Amazon ebook
Google Play
Kobo

Still waiting on iBooks and Barnes & Noble.

I'm still so surprised that 1) I wrote a book 2) I wrote a furry book 3) I published it. I mean, it was like two years ago that I basically wasn't bothering with furry anymore, and now I'm at the point where I've actively contributed to the whole thing.

badrang

I just copy/pasted the twitter handle of another furry by accident instead of a picture in a group text with my siblings. Oops. Oh and there is also uncensored pron on that twitter account too. Let's see where this goes lol

Uh oh. Personally I'm waiting for the day when I unlock my phone with someone looking over my shoulder and up pops something explicit. It'll happen, just a matter of time.

badrang

Uh oh. Personally I'm waiting for the day when I unlock my phone with someone looking over my shoulder and up pops something explicit. It'll happen, just a matter of time.

Older brother: ......
Younger brother: lol I figured it out when your eso account had only khajiit characters
Sister: OMG why is that coyote person so ripped

That could have gone worse lol

MayMay

Banned
It released over here as well, I'll most likely go see it on Saturday =D

Also, I'm really digging that Kashoune art.

Top Bottom