• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FYI: Halo 2 Online Review Date...

GhaleonEB

Interesting time/date for the embargo to lift. TeamXBox posted in their forums that they were posting their review at the same time, but it's good to have confirmation. Looks like I'll have plenty of reading to do when I get back from church. (which ends at noon)

PhatSaqs

Banned
Prediction time.

Will they:

A) Give it a 9.9 and be ridiculed for trying/being forced to match GTA?

B) Give it a 10 and be ridiculed for giving a game a "perfect" score?

C) Give it a 9.8 and be ridiculed for conceding GOTY to GTA?

D) None of the above (give it below those scores) and be ridiculed in amounts and ways no one can even imagine.

Tune in Sunday November 7th.

AniHawk

A) Give it a 9.9 and be ridiculed for trying/forced to match GTA?

B) Give it a 10 and be ridiculed for giving a game a "perfect" score?

C) Give it a 9.8 and be ridiculed for conceding GOTY to GTA?

D) None of the above (give it below those scores) and be ridiculed in amounts and ways no one can even imagine.

Hmmm....

I'm guessing option B. IGN Xbox has a tendency to rate higher on Xbox exclusives, and this is the biggest one in 3 years (plus, it'll be excellent, no doubt). If they did option D, IGN's, GAF's, and GameFAQs's servers would all crash and burn.

GTASA's 9.9 is ridiculously high though. It's really good, but it's not THAT good.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
GhaleonEB said:
Interesting time/date for the embargo to lift. TeamXBox posted in their forums that they were posting their review at the same time, but it's good to have confirmation. Looks like I'll have plenty of reading to do when I get back from church. (which ends at noon)

i only said it like 3 times, reviews are embargoed until the 7th. Damnit people should listen to me sometimes.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Give it a 9.8 and be ridiculed for conceding GOTY to GTA?

That wouldn't mean anything with IGN. Gran Turismo 3 was their highest rated game of 2001, and they didn't give it GOTY. Metroid Prime was their highest rated game of 2002, and they didn't give it GOTY. They rated several games higher than KOTOR but that won GOTY from them.

The fact that they mention there is going to be something to "debate" over gives me the impression that it's either a 10.0 or a 9.4 (Halo got a 9.7 from them). High 9.x range is what people expect so that wouldn't cause much of a stir.

Then again IGN said Psychonauts on PS2 was a major news story... :-\

ced

I just dont see, compared to other titles how it couldnt be a 10.

Its pretty clear the only negative thing Ive read from the OWM review and several "others" is the ending.

Question is, does a review have the right to give negative scores on a cliffhanger ending? I mean does it really affect the game in any way, or just the way you feel at the end.

thorns

Banned
I think the only reason GTA:SA got 9.9 on IGN PS2 (instead of 10) is that Halo 2 is going to get 10. Scores really don't mean shit for a game of that scale though anyway.

Mrbob

Halo 2 will get a 9.9 so that way they don't piss off MS or Rockstar.

Thus, the 'debate' between Halo 2 and GTA:SA GOTY begins....

SantaC

Mrbob said:
Halo 2 will get a 9.9 so that way they don't piss off MS or Rockstar.

Thus, the 'debate' between Halo 2 and GTA:SA GOTY begins....

um yeah so they review games so they don't piss of companies now? :p

doncale

Banned
prediction: Halo 2 is better than Halo but will still underwhelm real gamers who've been playing since the 8-bit and 16-bit days. does that make sense? too bad if not :)

MrparisSM

Banned
This being one of the most hyped up games ever, I wouldn't be surprised if a website under scored it just to get a lot of traffic. Here's to hoping they keep it honest though....

Sullichin

IMO San Andreas was overrated. I am still shocked that it got a 9.9. Unfuckingbelievable.

I'm predicting a 9.6 - 9.8 for Halo 2 - which kind of sucks because on IGN it's pretty clear what their GOTY will be.

Megat0n

MrparisSM said:
This being one of the most hyped up games ever, I wouldn't be surprised if a website under scored it just to get a lot of traffic. Here's to hoping they keep it honest though....

C- ?

:)

Top Bottom