• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

Both Drake and Common are out of line and need their faces fixed. Drake a bit more because this is only building upon his ignorance of where he stands in the game, which he's been displaying for far too long now.

exactly, he's been due this for a minute, and luda even warned 'im. how is come out of line though, honestly? he was talking this shit back on gladiator last album, and it's not like he hasn't gotten into some shit before, yeezy reupholstering that pussy and all notwithstanding.

That "Stay Schemin" beat is dope as shit though...I need that instrumental, I can't listen to that shitty ass chorus.

thank you, fucking hook fucks it right up - who hears that beat and then ok's that shit?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That "Stay Schemin" beat is dope as shit though...I need that instrumental, I can't listen to that shitty ass chorus.

Beat sound like some Tron shit with a Hiphop drum line
Yeah I really like the beat. I think it's the best on Rich Forever.

And speaking of Rich Forever.. it's exactly how I imagined a Ross tape would be. A ton of C-sides that all sound like the same song, and a couple decent B-side tracks. I suppose if you really like Ross' stuff this is just more goodness into your system, but really I wanna hear Ross on some different beats, it's getting kind of ridiculous. I have a feeling God Forgives, I don't will sound oh too reminiscent of Teflon Don, just not as good. You can still have larger than life, pompous beats but dude needs to find value in variety.

Ross needs to commission some Just Blaze beats ASAP.

exactly, he's been due this for a minute, and luda even warned 'im. how is come out of line though, honestly? he was talking this shit back on gladiator last album, and it's not like he hasn't gotten into some shit before, yeezy reupholstering that pussy and all notwithstanding.
Common should've left it at that and let Drake do his foolishness and try to mooch off of Common's buzz. But he knew that wouldn't happen so now Common is putting 10x more effort in on Drake than Drake probably has time to respond to. It's just weird seeing Common go on the offensive after already making his point and having Drake validate it himself. Not much more needed to be said but he said it.

thank you, fucking hook fucks it right up - who hears that beat and then ok's that shit?

I've experienced these situations in person before. You and the people working on the track are hype with the verses during the writing process...but get stuck at what the chorus would be...so you make some bullshit ass chorus just to get the song done cause u want to hear the track.

I can tell no real effort went into making that chorus. Really bad being that Ross/Drake tend to create decent/good/or even great choruses. Not this bullshit. Im moving the instrumental to my iphone. lol....the actual song can stay on youtube.

IrishNinja

Ross needs to commission some Just Blaze beats ASAP.

that, i'd listen to, but im not sure he'd do it justice (a lotta people havent in my book, though)

Common should've left it at that and let Drake do his foolishness and try to mooch off of Common's buzz. But he knew that wouldn't happen so now Common is putting 10x more effort in on Drake than Drake probably has time to respond to. It's just weird seeing Common go on the offensive after already making his point and having Drake validate it himself. Not much more needed to be said but he said it.

i mean, that's one way of seeing it.
but if he's coming from the same angle that dude should stay in his lane & take a humbling, then how can he not respond to some "my crew gon do x y & z" type bullshit? there's so many openings, im not saying com is em but i still can't see how he'd resist. and if it's buzz we're talking, wouldn't com want to siphon off of drake's? i dont know how busy dude is, but he just dropped that album a while back that's still outselling most shit from our AOTY thread combined.

again though, this might be some latent com stannery talking, or might just be me wanting to see more of this feud (smart money's on PD's theory that drake's gonna play this off, god i wish he'd see canada dry trending and just blow up though)

I've experienced these situations in person before. You and the people working on the track are hype with the verses during the writing process...but get stuck at what the chorus would be...so you make some bullshit ass chorus just to get the song done cause u want to hear the track.

I can tell no real effort went into making that chorus. Really bad being that Ross/Drake tend to create decent/good/or even great choruses. Not this bullshit. Im moving the instrumental to my iphone. lol....the actual song can stay on youtube.

see, like you said though, that's gotta be so weird to see, in this uh, post-ringtone era? dudes like drake know the importance of hooks for radio shit, hence singing or getting rihanna or something. i guess you're right, maybe the mixtape mentality is just like that though: get it out the door, shit's hot, who gives a fuck etc

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

But really you have to wonder how this situation arose though...

"Alright we have Drake and French on this track, who do you want to do the chorus, Rozay?"

".....
French Montana."

A casualty of favouring getting songs done over e-mails and whatnot instead of studio sessions together I guess.

Recon

Banned
374220_311896508829820_268606059825532_1230483_737496560_n.jpg

JMSN-Alone

If you guys like The Weeknd, give this guy a chance, if you like it, buy it. It is up on Itunes.

I'm not a Drake fan or stan. I'm just saying he's winning this Common "beef" right now, I guess we just have different views on Ls and Ws. All I see is a washed up dude who just released a disappointing album, trying to rejuvenate his buzz/career by dissing the biggest rapper in the genre right now.

And yes, Take Care>>>Dreamer/Believer

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't know, it's almost to the point where it's useless counting how many wins each side has with the steady stream of Ls on both sides. I just don't think it's a good look for either of them.

Maybe it's because I think a Common/Drake track would be dope. You guys know it's coming 5 days from now when they kiss and make up over twitter.

inb4songwillbesofterthanplaydough

Also part of it is I'm not down with new artists dissing legends, especially in this circumstance of a boy who can't stay in his lane. That's the bit that disappoints me about Drakes end.

"I don't diss legends, it's just something I don't do" - Game while he had the Aftermath pacifier in his mouth. Drake take notes.

Recon

Banned
I'm not a Drake fan or stan. I'm just saying he's winning this Common "beef" right now, I guess we just have different views on Ls and Ws. All I see is a washed up dude who just released a disappointing album, trying to rejuvenate his buzz/career by dissing the biggest rapper in the genre right now.

Im not gonna argue about who's album is better, I have them both in my to10, and I think rankings besides #1 are arbitrary and stupid. But Common doesnt need his buzz/career rejuvenated. He has had a great career and still has critical acclaim. Hell, the show he is on got renewed for a second season.

Recon

Banned
I don't care who "wins" this beef. All I know this is some PR bullshit. Remember the Kanye Fif beef? PR bull. Just sayin'

Remember when 50 said he would retire if West sold more? I bought two copies of Graduation that week, that lying motherfucker owes me $10, cuz I only bought a second copy because of his promise to retire.

Baconbitz

Banned
Remember when 50 said he would retire if West sold more? I bought two copies of Graduation that week, that lying motherfucker owes me $10, cuz I only bought a second copy because of his promise to retire.

If you saw the behind the music of Fifty they admitted it was a PR stint so no retiring for Fifty.

Im not gonna argue about who's album is better, I have them both in my to10, and I think rankings besides #1 are arbitrary and stupid. But Common doesnt need his buzz/career rejuvenated. He has had a great career and still has critical acclaim. Hell, the show he is on got renewed for a second season.

What does that have to do with his music career? I seem to remember LL Cool J throwing shots at Jay despite having a popular television/film career as well.

Drake didn't start this mess, Common did. With a stupid subliminal song, which he later confirmed was about Drake smh. Drake responded with his own subliminal - how does that translate to Drake starting this bullshit? Both Drake and Common are some of the softest rappers in the game. I'd think he'd totally be into Drake's music.

It's time to admit Common fell off after Be and move on

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't care who "wins" this beef. All I know this is some PR bullshit. Remember the Kanye Fif beef? PR bull. Just sayin'
That was the most obvious PR beef of all time though, they didn't try to falsify that shit. They did photoshoots for magazines together, etc. 50 admit even before he lost they were doing it for people to get people excited about hip-hop. It worked IMO. This shit? This shit is not working. It's almost shameful. And like Irish said, I agree it'd only be helping Common with the buzz cause Drake doesn't need, and I believe that's a huge reason why he's continuing with the jabs too.

Biggie would disagree, as would I
>>Biggie
>>Catalog
lol

njean777

I like both so what do I get?

Recon

Banned
What does that have to do with his music career? I seem to remember LL Cool J throwing shots at Jay despite having a popular television/film career as well.

Drake didn't start this mess, Common did. With a stupid subliminal song, which he later confirmed was about Drake smh. Drake responded with his own subliminal - how does that translate to Drake starting this bullshit? Both Drake and Common are some of the softest rappers in the game. I'd think he'd totally be into Drake's music.

It's time to admit Common fell off after Be and move on

Because you are confusing the facts. Common stated multiple times it wasnt at anyone specific. Even the interview where he "Confirms" it was Drake wasnt a real confirmation. He just stated that if Drake felt it was about him, then so be it. Then 40 turned bitch and whined on Twitter about it. It is whatever, but Common is 10x the MC that Drake is, and I loved Take Care.

Edit: Concerning Better Dayz, that had some really bad beats on it. It also suffers from way too much filler. 2pac is my goat, but his Posthumous albums have a lot of mediocre filler on them.

njean777

maybe kams meant modern day artists.

wait, i forget when LL threw rocks at jay?

Even today though Kanye, Jay (except blueprint 2/kingdom come) have great collections. Kanye can be iffy for some but imo he has excellent albums.

Also after listening to Lupe on "Im On" I still believe in him, he has said some dumb shit, but so has Kanye and Kanye has never disappointed me yet.

Recon

Banned
Even today though Kanye, Jay (except blueprint 2/kingdom come) have great collections. Kanye can be iffy for some but imo he has excellent albums.

Kanye has 3 Amazing/Great albums(College Dropout/Late Registration/808's and Heartbreak), 2 good-mediocre albums(MBDTF/Graduation), and one horrible one( Watch The Throne). Not a bad Discography.

njean777

Kanye has 3 Amazing/Great albums(College Dropout/Late Registration/808's and Heartbreak), 2 good-mediocre albums(MBDTF/Graduation), and one horrible one( Watch The Throne). Not a bad Discography.

We all know how I feel about WTT, its not bad, it is just fun. You wanted something serious, but you got fun and you didnt like it :(

Because you are confusing the facts. Common stated multiple times it wasnt at anyone specific. Even the interview where he "Confirms" it was Drake wasnt a real confirmation. He just stated that if Drake felt it was about him, then so be it. Then 40 turned bitch and whined on Twitter about it. It is whatever, but Common is 10x the MC that Drake is, and I loved Take Care.

Edit: Concerning Better Dayz, that had some really bad beats on it. It also suffers from way too much filler. 2pac is my goat, but his Posthumous albums have a lot of mediocre filler on them.

The song was obviously about Drake, and when Drake responded on stage Common took the weak route and said "well if he feels it's about him, it's about him." SMH come on

40 didn't "bitch" about anything. Hell he simply stated the facts:
@Common, I remember being called a b---h in grade 9 cause I had your cd,” he wrote. “Good thing I also had 456 by kool g rap on me. Now that’s real. After ‘one day it’ll all make sense’ came out I spent months arguing weather [sic] or not @common was hip hop. Everyone was saying it was too rnb. I’m not dissing, just facts. I love common. I also love swv and John b.”

How is that a diss? One Day It'll All Make Sense is still controversial; personally I don't like it that much. Common wants Drake to respond with a direct line so he can release an actual diss song. Meh.

TangMeng

That Canada Dry line is killing it on twitter. Personally I thought it was pretty corny.

I know it's not 2011 anymore and some people are tired of him but I can't wait to see what Big Ghost has to say about this beef.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Common couldn't give a fuck about album sales. lol. He's had BE and Finding Forever. That's two albums out of the many that he's released, that actually charted. Movie Money >>>>>> Rap Money, and that's the gospel truth.

Com has always been the guerilla in the trenches. This is nowhere near out of character for him.

I want to know what even started this bs.

edit: When you can freestyle at the white house and do shit for the president, your career is on another level.

Recon

Banned
Drakes nuts are all up in PD's grill. This is some fierce stannery coming from someone who claims not to be a Drake stan. Common has had critical praise that Drake cannot even begin to imagine. Drake will sell more copies than common ever will, but sales do not indicate quality,and frankly should not matter to anyone but record labels anyways.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Drakes nuts are all up in PD's grill. This is some fierce stannery coming from someone who claims not to be a Drake stan. Common has had critical praise that Drake cannot even begin to imagine. Drake will sell more copies than common ever will, but sales do not indicate quality,and frankly should not matter to anyone but record labels anyways.

losing your lady does indicate something..

IrishNinja

wow, somehow missed this entirely - pretty blatant at jay, did he ever respond? if not, that might be why, heh.

true, but jay/ye are kinda the exception, aren't they? i mean, this thread often talks about how ye and the roots prolly have about the most consistent bodies of work of any recent artist (though if you put big boi in the mix, he's another). the average MC right now, i think it's a pretty fair statement, but at no point in pac's career did he strike me as average, and i was listening when 2pacalypse now dropped.

Common couldn't give a fuck about album sales. lol. He's had BE and Finding Forever. That's two albums out of the many that he's released, that actually charted. Movie Money >>>>>> Rap Money, and that's the gospel truth.

edit: When you can freestyle at the white house and do shit for the president, your career is on another level.

damn, made my point for me, only way better. truth on both counts.

@just blaze - i hadn't really considered the 2nd tweet, if it's that then damn. airing your female dirty laundry usually looks weak to me, if ye would've really gone in on wiz for his shenanigans that would've been more bitchmade than any of that taylor swift shit, my opinion.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I asked before when someone posted some other tweets mentioning a lady... girl?

Who is this chick? How come nobody is talking about that possibility/rumour?

pics or she didn't happen

EDIT:
tumblr_lx46y1ppF81qbj79io1_500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom