• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

No swearing in hip hop thread : this thread :: "I don't get sports/sports fans" thread(s) : college football/NFL/NBA/etc. thread

Better off not paying too much attention to it.

Recon

Banned
yeah i just used old school hip hop heads in quotes because he proclaimed himself to be one. basically anyone who simply refuses to listen to anything after the 90's is terrible.

Most of those guys are blind to the mountain of shit that was released in the 90's also. They think it was some Golden Era where everything that came out was an instant classic. Did the 90's have a plethora of classics? Yeah, but I tend to listen to an equal mix of new school and old, maybe even more new school since there is always a new tape or release every week. The digital age has ushered in so much more choice, so unanimous decisions on what is a classic is a lot harder when the market is so fragmented.

Merkushio

Neo Member
I want some new hip hop albums, help me out.

I like Cunninlynguists, The Roots, Deltron 3030, Nujabes. Anything like this and I'll be happy.

I don't really care for anything about money and hoes. It's just boring.

Influence me!

The thing is, people are just stuck to a few heads or groups, and think that was all of hip-hop. Look at that Common dude, he keeps posting Premo shit, that's it, lol.

Recon

Banned

I like Cunninlynguists, The Roots, Deltron 3030, Nujabes. Anything like this and I'll be happy.

Influence me!

Big KRIT- KRIT Wuz Here/Return of 4Eva

The Illz-:03 From Gold/The Pursuit

Cities Aviv-Digital Lows

Asher Roth- Pabst & Jazz

J.Cole- The Warm Up/ Friday Night Lights

Kendrick Lamar- Section.80

I have no clue what you have heard and how new or recent you want, so I just threw in some Cole in case you missed out.

SoilBreak

Banned

Influence me!

Fashawn - Boys Meet World/The Antidote
/ Higher Learning 2

XV - Zero Heroes/Vizzy Zone

Big KRIT- K.R.I.T. Wuz Here/Return of 4Eva

Chuuwee - Watching The Throne/ Sundown - The Millenium Falcon

Phonte - Charity Starts at Home

Elzhi - Preface

Ace: Ye mix was awesome, as always.

So I just bought my tickets to see the UK leg of the Watch the Throne tour which means this year I'm going to see Jay-Z & Kanye, Yelawolf, and Odd Future. Along with a lot of other non-hip-hop stuff. So excited! :)

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
For calling that dude out on his stupid?

i hope not, dont wanna lose my ban virginiity lol

Yup. Depends on if he gets his feelings hurt. That thread was hilarious until people started whipping out their Hip-Hop doctorate thesis'

I mean, the dude who said rappers have no talent, then went on some stupid-ass tangent about how he doesn't respect talent, but like, the art man was fucking both hilarious, sad and sort of punch worthy.

Hence, my no responses. I would get banned too.

Esch

Banned
Ah well, i guess at least i'd go out in a flash of glory(even though basically everyone else has been saying the same thing). How you gonna act like you're the arbiter of what is hip hop and what isnt? SMH if anyone deserves a ban its that guy for repeatedly shitting up that shit thread.

Pinko didnt deserve that ban, his post was totally tongue in cheek haha

Esch

Banned
Also for any of yall that know a little about hardcore punk THIS IS BADASS BAD BRAINS AND THE GZA

427015_10150580750373303_6313328302_9330827_190479715_n.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't like the production on the Cole song. Doesn't suit his style or flow. Makes for a pretty unimpressive song.

Hootie

Also for any of yall that know a little about hardcore punk THIS IS BADASS BAD BRAINS AND THE GZA

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/427015_10150580750373303_6313328302_9330827_190479715_n.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]GZA - Brooklyn, Philly & DC only[/QUOTE]

Fuck that.

illadelph

Bad Brains plus GZA sounds fucking awesome I might have to go to that

I think the new Cole is dope but I haven't listened to him in a while, so I might not be feeling as tired of his shit as you guys are. I still haven't given Cole World a proper listen

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Is that really why Pinko got banned? If so he should have gotten unbanned by now once mods realized he's a hiphopgaf regular and was clearly being tongue in cheek and mocking the dipshits saying rap sucks. But honestly I've lost faith in the moderation outside of blackace, especially after the wrestlegaf debacle.

Speaking of blackace, only you could make me love a kanye mix, goes to show how good your mixes are.

Yup. Depends on if he gets his feelings hurt. That thread was hilarious until people started whipping out their Hip-Hop doctorate thesis'

I mean, the dude who said rappers have no talent, then went on some stupid-ass tangent about how he doesn't respect talent, but like, the art man was fucking both hilarious, sad and sort of punch worthy.
Hence, my no responses. I would get banned too.

My opinions are strong enough, lol. No hurt feelings and dude should not get banned for responding to me the way he did.

I'll just be moving out of this thread now :)

Recon

Banned
he wasnt hot then either. he was just fresh.

He was blowing up quick. His mixtape made the rounds fast. I remember this thread was going crazy for The Warm Up. You have this weird fascination for shit rappers and a disdain for those with talent. Go back to wacka and gucci, they are more your speed.

Tokubetsu

Man, the Shady Blaze albums is really good. Definitely worth the $5. That and HnC are the only rap released this year so far I've been bumping.

The world is going crazy, and I don't want to give a fuuuuuuuck. So I'ma sip, and Imma smoke.

Recon

Banned
That reminds me, I need to grab some spliff for tonight. And yes, I said spliff because I have been watching Skins on Netflix and that is the only name they ever call it.

Recon

Banned
Lol that Gorillaz track is ass. Honestly, I only ever gave a fuck about Clint Eastwood, never cared for any of the rest. I remember when Clint Eastwood dropped and I was fucking hyped for the album, thinking it would be similar....Boy was I mistaken.

Tokubetsu

Lol that Gorillaz track is ass. Honestly, I only ever gave a fuck about Clint Eastwood, never cared for any of the rest. I remember when Clint Eastwood dropped and I was fucking hyped for the album, thinking it would be similar....Boy was I mistaken.

All three gorillaz albums are good. M1A1 > *. This is just an extremely boring song, even by Gorillaz standards.

CRS

All three gorillaz albums are good. M1A1 > *. This is just an extremely boring song, even by Gorillaz standards.

I guess it just doesnt vibe with me. Because I have listened to most of their discog and havnt liked much.

Gorillaz stan warning.

Really like DoYaThing. Andre's verse was silly but fitting. It was also nice to not hear a shitty Andre verse.

M1A1 is an amazing track. The buildup is second to none and that sample. So fitting.

It's a shame people have/will only listen to Clint Eastwood. Shit, some of the best work isn't even on their self-titled.

I highly recommend everyone to listen to Demon Days. My all-time favorite album and bias aside, it is an amazing album.

Gorillaz are great. Clint Eastwood remains a favorite, but they have a bunch of other great tracks. Love all the albums....well, The Fall not so much, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom