• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.
J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar are my favorite rappers right now but god damn Kendrick is inching his way to my most current favorite. It all started when I saw his concert earlier this year and I have had Cartoon & Cereal on repeat since it dropped.

So GAF... Cole or Kendrick?

Layzie Bone

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
J. Cole and Kendrick Lamar are my favorite rappers right now but god damn Kendrick is inching his way to my most current favorite. It all started when I saw his concert earlier this year and I have had Cartoon & Cereal on repeat since it dropped.

Cole ghostwriting for Kendrick is the only logically answer

SoilBreak

Banned

Lloyd banks

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Gorillaz have about two good songs. Everything else is just messy hipster bullshit.

Cole ghostwriting for Kendrick is the only logically answer

I like that! That way he'll be forced to write about something that isn't girls, hood problems, and being on the team and we won't get cringe worthy Kendrick lyrics like hook for Hol' Up!

Gorillaz have about two good songs. Everything else is just messy hipster bullshit.

You shut your mouth! Of the top of my head:

Clint Eastwood
Feelgood Inc
Heat Under the Babyseat
Dare
Rhinestone Eyes

Are my favorites and there's more

Please for the love of God leave Damon Albarn out of this!!!!

And I'd take Kendrick over Cole any day, despite that annoying ass Cartoon Cereal nonsense.

Acid08

Banned

freshprince24_337x233_081720071243.jpg

CRS

I like that! That way he'll be forced to write about something that isn't girls, hood problems, and being on the team and we won't get cringe worthy Kendrick lyrics like the beginning of Hol' Up!

You shut your mouth! Of the top of my head:

Clint Eastwood
Feelgood Inc
Heat Under the Babyseat
Dare
Rhinestone Eyes

Are my favorites and there's more

I think you meant Kids With Guns. You're confusing it with Lupe's version.

GamerSoul

I think you meant Kids With Guns. You're confusing it with Lupe's version.

That mixtape was awesome.

I like that! That way he'll be forced to write about something that isn't girls, hood problems, and being on the team and we won't get cringe worthy Kendrick lyrics like hook for Hol' Up!

I agree with how repetitive Cole's themes can be, that's why I enjoy Kendrick more. And Hol' Up is fine the way it is. lol

Blackace

useless seeing as how kendrick is a better writer and rapper

let j crew produce tho, its all son is good for.

both of them having writing credits on RED Album.. so I am sure it would be a mess lol

i used to say that too, was just about to mention though:

been out for a few pages, anything interesting? also, Ghostface saved my workout today. any word on his next shit? Apollo Kids is still so damn good.

Nothing cool happened. In fact let's just move on to the next page already.

IrishNinja

haha...yamato's my dude. and yeah, hopefully CL2. i kinda wonder though; OB4CL2 delivered (my opinoin) but if GZA ever drops when Liquid Swords 2 manifests, are expectations gonna be off the mark for naming sequels to classic shit?

still...if i ever competitively fight again (beyond gym shit), The Champ is the most obvious ringside song since Bring the Pain.

"ninjas want me dead, but they scared to step to me/rip they guts out like a hysterectomy..."

that shit needs to drop while im glove-pointing at my opponent's crotch. that's right dun, you heard ghost; that uterus is comin out in 4 rounds cause i got things to do.

DominoKid

51xIsgvaDjL.jpg

At 12, I thought this was this was the stupidest piece of shit album I'd ever heard. I was pissed and gave this disc to my dad who came back a few hours later and told me that I wasn't ready for it and I'd like it when I got older.

At 20, well he was right. flaws and all I absolutely love it.

oh, and Hey Ya is still fucking perfect.

Blackace

51xIsgvaDjL.jpg

At 12, I thought this was this was the stupidest piece of shit album I'd ever heard. I was pissed and gave this disc to my dad who came back a few hours later and told me that I wasn't ready for it and I'd like it when I got older.

at 34 I still want my money back...

Blackace

heh - goddammit ace, ill never follow how you hate that album so much.
looking @ the tracklist now...dracula's wedding, valentine's day, the radio ones...you really didn't go for any of this somehow?

Hey Ya was dope, can't even front, but the rest of the album was whack as hell.. the fact the Hey Ya was so dope makes me even madder that he didn't give me one or two more good songs..

in fact I would say MDTDSHASDDsAF is a better album..

goodfella

51xIsgvaDjL.jpg

Don't forget the other side of the album...

War
Ghetto Musick
Flip Flop Rock (Ft. Killer Mike, Jay-Z)
Bowtie (Feat. Sleepy Brown & Jazze Pha)

Just the ones that come to mind.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Hey Ya was dope, can't even front, but the rest of the album was whack as hell.. the fact the Hey Ya was so dope makes me even madder that he didn't give me one or two more good songs..

in fact I would say MDTDSHASDDsAF is a better album..

It's like your reading my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom