• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
So Nas and Khaled in the studio is the last dagger we get until the tracklist or second single? Unless he still uses Nasty as the first single. The cycle includes a bangin street single, so he'll either stick with Nasty or drop another one on par. Then we'll get the tracklist, then we'll get the second single prod. by Alexx da Kidd feat. Skylar Grey and the cycle will be completed once again.

Regarding WZRD, what genre of rock would you guy say is used?
The one with poppy guitar distortion.

Macca

Fantastic job on that website Macca, I've been thinking for weeks about making a website to host all the mixes but between my supreme laziness and lack of talent on that front, I'm glad you stepped up and did it instead.

And Ace, regarding that friend of yours looking for beats, you can forward him my soundcloud page if you want, tons of beats old and new on there. Anything with downloading enabled is a beat that is still available. First 6 on that page are my friends beats though.
I have a bunch of beats halfway done that I've just been too lazy to finish making. I really like like a bunch of them though. Need to get on that.
I really need to thank you for it. I pretty much just used that list of mixes you put together when I uploaded them on the site. Really saved me hunting down all the links.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
WZRD is bad. Really really bad. Embarrassingly bad. Shoot yourself in the face to make it stop bad. Right into the recycle bin it goes. The problem isn't even the production, which could be pulled off in the right hands, but cudi isn't the "right hands". He doesn't have the voice to make it work, it's awful, like bad karaoke. And he can fuck off and die for ruining Nirvana's best song.

Tokubetsu

WZRD is bad. Really really bad. Embarrassingly bad. Shoot yourself in the face to make it stop bad. Right into the recycle bin it goes. The problem isn't even the production, which could be pulled off in the right hands, but cudi isn't the "right hands". He doesn't have the voice to make it work, it's awful, like bad karaoke. And he can fuck off and die for ruining Nirvana's best song.

No! Siddx hates it? MUST be garbage!

Re-listening to MOTM1, WZRD is very similar. Just more guitars.

Andre 3k said:
“There's been a lot of talk on the Internet about an Outkast album and I have to say that as of now, there are no plans for another Outkast album. There's a lot of music on the horizon. I've been living off the excitement of new artists. I've been privileged to have these new artists kind of reach out and grab back and say, ‘Hey, Andre, we want you on this song.’ So I've been taking those calls and for the last two years, I've been doing collaborations. So these new artists have kind of been keeping me alive. I've just really been feeding off of that and this year I think I'm planning to do a solo project. I don't know when it will come out, but hopefully it'll come out this year. As far as Outkast, I really don't know if or when that will happen.”
Source: http://www.complex.com/music/2012/02/andr-3000-denies-outkast-album-rumors

I guess we always knew this deep down.

siddx

No! Siddx hates it? MUST be garbage!

Re-listening to MOTM1, WZRD is very similar. Just more guitars.

It's nothing alike. You are smoking copious amounts of drugs. After I saw recon liked it I was expecting to be pleasantly surprised. I would kill a nun for another motm1 type album. This is not that. This is a cheap plastic bag filled with green shit and a homeless man's semen. It should be removed from existence.

Tokubetsu

It's nothing alike. You are smoking copious amounts of drugs. After I saw recon liked it I was expecting to be pleasantly surprised. I would kill a nun for another motm1 type album. This is not that. This is a cheap plastic bag filled with green shit and a homeless man's semen. It should be removed from existence.

I'm a monk. I don't do drugs. I'm on my zen shit. Natural high.

Tokubetsu

A friend of mine was so high off that Gorllaz track. I calmly told him that I haven't given a shit about a Andre verse since International Players Anthem. Pretty sure that was the last time 3 Stacks gave a shit too.

A friend of mine was so high off that Gorllaz track. I calmly told him that I haven't given a shit about a Andre verse since International Players Anthem. Pretty sure that was the last time 3 Stacks gave a shit too.

yup that or the art of storytelling on DJ drama album, which ever one came out last.

Recon

Banned
I have been saying that there would be no new Outkast album ever again. I was told I was crazy. So fuck yall who doubted me. Also, there will be no solo Andre this year either, fuck that guy. I am so pissed that someone with so much talent can just sit around and waste it or even worse, phone it in at every turn.

siddx

I liked this too. "Your white tee, well, to me, look like a night gown/ Make your mama proud, take that thing two sizes down" haha

This was the last thing andre has ever said in a song that I liked. I remember loving that line and laughing about it for weeks. I can't think of a single thing since then from him that made me give a shit.

Recon

Banned
This was the last thing andre has ever said in a song that I liked. I remember loving that line and laughing about it for weeks. I can't think of a single thing since then from him that made me give a shit.

"Bitches got the rapies" did not do it for you? lol

Thanks to that Hip-Hop Cursing thread I was exposed to my first Waka song.
So today I full-on OD'd on ignorance with this:

220px-Waka_Flocka_Flame_Flockaveli.jpg

And all I can really say is.........

WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA
BAW BAW BAW BAW BAW BAW BAW
BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK SQUAD!

Tokubetsu

Thanks to that Hip-Hop Cursing thread I was exposed to my first Waka song.
So today I full-on OD'd on ignorance with this:

220px-Waka_Flocka_Flame_Flockaveli.jpg

And all I can really say is.........

WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA WAKA
BAW BAW BAW BAW BAW BAW BAW
BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK SQUAD!

Flockaveli is a modern classic.

"Nigga with a attitude like Eaze and Cube
When my little brother died I said fuck school
I picked the burner up and I got some marijuana"

DominoKid

overcast

I have been saying that there would be no new Outkast album ever again. I was told I was crazy. So fuck yall who doubted me. Also, there will be no solo Andre this year either, fuck that guy. I am so pissed that someone with so much talent can just sit around and waste it or even worse, phone it in at every turn.
Well yeah, that shit definitely isn't coming out this year (if ever). I liked Andre's verse on that new Gorillaz track, then again I love them. You, not so much.

Tokubetsu

haha dude you know that's stupid as fuck

Whether you like the content or not, you can't deny Flockaveli's cultural relevancy. Flocka and Luger set the redefined soundcape for "gangster rap" ("trap" music) with Hard in Da Paint for the past two years. Inspiring a slew of knock offs and imitators.

//B1G

Banned
Whether you like the content or not, you can't deny Flockaveli's cultural relevancy. Flocka and Luger set the redefined soundcape for "gangster rap" ("trap" music) with Hard in Da Paint for the past two years. Inspiring a slew of knock offs and imitators.

man there really is no cultural relevancy anymore really for that shit. as you can see, most black dudes dress in skinny jeans and cut offs and shit now. gangster is not the 'in' thing anymore.
and that's not even the widely accepted rap... mainstream shit, which would technically account for the ''culture's'' opinion of relevancy, is polar opposite of flocka's weird ass shit

Recon

Banned
man there really is no cultural relevancy anymore really for that shit. as you can see, most black dudes dress in skinny jeans and cut offs and shit now. gangster is not the 'in' thing anymore.
and that's not even the widely accepted rap... mainstream shit, which would technically account for the ''culture's'' opinion of relevancy, is polar opposite of flocka's weird ass shit

Trust me when I say the hood is clinging on to Gucci and Flocka for dear life. They are fucking Role models to most of the dudes I know that still live in the hood. I find that ignorant as fuck, but whatever.

Tokubetsu

Thug Motivation 103: Hustlerz Ambition selling 400k+ says gangster shit isn't gone and last time I check "most" black dudes weren't rocking skinny jeans and cut offs.

//B1G

Banned
i doubt flocka is even in the streets like he acts... there's only a few real ones out there still making tracks.

man it's project pataaaa, playa from the sizouthhhh

and i meant most black dudes in the music business

kamspy

Thug Motivation 103: Hustlerz Ambition selling 400k+ says gangster shit isn't gone and last time I check "most" black dudes weren't rocking skinny jeans and cut offs.

Pretty much. Jeezy did the most with the least radio last year.

Also, Flockaveli is somewhat of a modern blueprint for crunk southern rap. It will go down in the history books, like it or not.

siddx

The production will go down in history. Flocka might as well, but not for good reasons. Flockaveli was a lex showcase and he made the most of it, despite having to stain his beats with wacka flocka's "verses".

The production is simply monstrous. I played in on the way to work and Hard In The Paint had me swerving like fuck. Flocka is a perfect fit for the beats simply due to his energy, it's infectious. He isn't really saying much of anything at all but it's hard not to get carried away by him, he's charismatic which is something a lot of rappers lack.
Some of the featured cats had me dying though, Uncle Murda sounds gully as fuck :lol

Tokubetsu

The production is simply monstrous. I played in on the way to work and Hard In The Paint had me swerving like fuck. Flocka is a perfect fit for the beats simply due to his energy, it's infectious. He isn't really saying much of anything at all but it's hard not to get carried away by him, he's charismatic which is something a lot of rappers lack.
Some of the featured cats had me dying though, Uncle Murda sounds gully as fuck :lol

That's almost all of Flocka's charm. He's all raw energy and passion.

siddx

I worked with an severely autistic kid who was all energy and passion, doesn't mean I want to hear him rap. All that energy and passion needs to be filtered by skill and talent or it ends up nonsensical and obnoxious.

But this argument is as pointless as the kanye cycle. We've heard it all a million times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom