• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
if youre 6'+ and you cant dunk you just need to hit the fucking gym. or curse your parents for giving you a shitty mix of genes.

DominoKid, I love you but you so cray sometimes. How tall are you? Cuz I live in the gym and I can't come close to dunking, heres my gym stats:

Weight: 205

Bench: 3x5 at 245
Squat 3x5 at 345
Dead: 3x5 at 400

^Not even CLOSE to dunking.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
DominoKid, I love you but you so cray sometimes. How tall are you? Cuz I live in the gym and I can't come close to dunking, heres my gym stats:

Squat 3x5 at 345

He's like 5'4, which explains ALOT

Tokubetsu

New Hodgy Beats EP. Untitled:
i8gy9QSHdggLa.jpg

http://ofwolfgangkta.myshopify.com/products/hodgy-beats-untitled-ep

Production from Alchemist, Juicy J, Flying Lotus and two other folks.

DominoKid

Squat 3x5 at 345

i'm 5'4" but i dont know a single person over 6' (that isnt fat) that cant dunk.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Listened to WZRD...it's not really bad as it is forgettable. There are a few key moments on each track where it makes me think the project could have worked, but then it goes back to being samey soundy. Cudi did do a decent job with most of the choruses though. It's the in-between that is just... 'there' most of the time.
I don't know if I could put it any better. This is pretty much exactly how I feel about the project (only 1 and a half spins through ATM).

It's starts getting going, or you see a glint of potential and the track just ends up sounding redundant or lifeless.

Squat 3x5 at 345

5'11" and I could touch the rim on a straight jump. But I have always had crazy hops before I hurt my knee last year.

I use to jump on hoods of cars just for fun when I was about 15.

You just have to train for hit. lot of explosive movements.

overcast

i'm 5'4" but i dont know a single person over 6' (that isnt fat) that cant dunk.
I don't know. I have athletic genes (though I'm skinny), I doubt I can dunk on a 10 ft rim. Idk, I need to try again.

I'll check out that Hodgy Beats EP later. Idk how much I care about OF anymore.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I kinda feel where Domino is coming from, because at least growing up in Akron, you were looked at as weak as fuck if you were over 6 feet and couldn't dunk.

Unless you were white or a girl.

I'm not saying it was right, but that was the perception in the hood.

Recon

Banned
I kinda feel where Domino is coming from, because at least growing up in Akron, you were looked at as weak as fuck if you were over 6 feet and couldn't dunk.

Unless you were white or a girl.

But it does not make any fucking sense. At all. Plus, Domino just takes whatever he feels negative about Cole and blows it up into something huge. Dude fucked him in the ass at some point. Domino be on the down low fo sho.

I've only skimmed through parts of the thread so I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but what's the consensus on Immortal Technique?

I've been listening to Revolutionary Volume 2 for like a month straight now...

Recon

Banned
I've only skimmed through parts of the thread so I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but what's the consensus on Immortal Technique?

I like him. But he isnt a very good MC. He can make a good track, and I love some of his lyrics, but his delivery is lacking a lot of the time.

why is Dont Boy Yaself so underrated as a diss track? it's one of the most thorough diss tracks ever made.
like, 50 was totally exposed and left naked by the end of this track, lol.

They say Jada defeated him
Joe too street for him
What's next? I guess it's for Nas to ether him

I dont even think Fiddy responded, did he?
he just kinda continued going at Game and never went at Nas again, lol.

I listened to one of his tracks, left unimpressed by his flow or political lyrics and heard later that he was offensively homophobic. Not that I really care whether it's true or not, it was just another thing that made me lose interest in him.

JEKKI

omg!!! wtfreek is this?!?!?!

61gT1nwCC3L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I saw it in my Amazon recommend list,

I never heard of it,

but it has Oddisee and yU and Kev Brown and 3 other ppl I never heard of lol.

whatever it is, I want it!! judge albums by the cover!! it will be mine!

Disagree with most of the stuff he raps about, but the way he actually puts it together is awesome. He gets frequent play time from me too, but like Recon said, his delivery can be weird sometimes. Like you can really hear him inhaling hard on some tracks. Not saying other rappers don't, but with Technique I find it distractingly noticeable at times.

kamspy

I've been meaning to get into UGK, which is their best album?

Ridin' Dirty

From there go backwards to Supertight and Too Hard to Swallow. The albums after Ridin' Dirty are a good tier below, but still better than average. Bun B Trill (not Trill O.G.) is also a classic.

Ridin' Dirty is god tier hip hop albums. Easily up there with the Illmatic's and Makaveli's of the world.

PBY

Banned
DAMN. That Hodgy tape is GREAT, and not in a gimmicky, oddfuture way- the dude is fucking spitting over some great beats. Damn, so good.

Recon

Banned
DAMN. That Hodgy tape is GREAT, and not in a gimmicky, oddfuture way- the dude is fucking spitting over some great beats. Damn, so good.

I might have to check it out. I really fucking loved that new video/track OF put out, so I am kinda hyped for the new album. But, I also loved Yonkers, but hated Goblin.

kamspy

Yeah, I'm an OF fan and the Hodgy even impressed me much more than I thought it would. I expect it to be a cult classic in a while. Some really great production on it and Hodgy just goes in. Easily second best effort of 2012 outside of HnC for me.

But then again I never got around to downloading the last Gucci tape. Should probably do that. I didn't have good internet when it came out. With my neighbors rocking the 30Mbps unsecured wifi I'm good for whatever now. Best thing about my new place probably.

Yoda, the Hodgy tape shares nothing musically with Goblin fwiw.

Recon

Banned
Yeah, I'm an OF fan and the Hodgy even impressed me much more than I thought it would. I expect it to be a cult classic in a while. Some really great production on it and Hodgy just goes in. Easily second best effort of 2012 outside of HnC for me.

But then again I never got around to downloading the last Gucci tape. Should probably do that. I didn't have good internet when it came out. With my neighbors rocking the 30Mbps unsecured wifi I'm good for whatever now. Best thing about my new place probably.

Yoda, the Hodgy tape shares nothing musically with Goblin fwiw.

I liked Mellowhype, so I think I will like the new tape. Also, free internet is best internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom