• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

MBDTDF had some real Kanye masturbation on about half of it, but it's still tiers better than Lasers. Lasers has no redeeming qualities.

Recon

Banned
Remember Touch the Sky? Remember?

*sobs*

I was so sad when Kanye performed Touch The Sky at his Glow In The Dark Tour but didnt have Lupe come on stage, even though Lupe opened just hours earlier.....still the greatest concert i have ever been to. Lupe Fiasco/ N.E.R.D./Rihanna/Kanye West....fuck that was a nice lineup.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Damn looking at the OP where all the mixes are just shows how much i've got to get through and Ace is still consistently banging them out. Seeing how some are like West Coast Wednesday or East Coast Monday I take it there used to be themed days around here, what happened to those?

Few new joints floating around;

BJ The Chicago Kid ft. Kendrick Lamar - The World Is A Ghetto

B. James ft. Killer Mike - Real Life

Boldy James ft. Fatboi Fre$h - Oil Sheen (Grease Monkeys)

Also this new G.I.A. tape is pretty listenable as it has lots of Block Beattaz production on it.

G.I.A. - Boarding Pass

pT5JD.jpg

Recon

Banned
I am about to go up to a cabin with 3 girls next weekend for spring break. Gonna grab a bunch of these Black Ace mixes and just vibe out while on shrooms. Should be a fucking good weekend.

Recon

Banned
Ok..I broke down and listened to WZRD. It isnt as bad as I thought. When the album goes less rock, it definitely is decent-good. The more rock-ish tracks are definitely shit though.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
HOVA to Flashing Lights transition was like butter smooth, Ace.
Later Ye is easy to time.. but I like the slightly off timing from Drive Slow to Good morning.. sorry Angel was so damn loud.. didn't notice it until I listened to it again..

Remember Touch the Sky? Remember?

*sobs*

EDIT: LOL. Jesus Walks into Swagga Like Us? ICE COLD.
Actually it would have been better but I messed the timing up.. lol.. I should have started the Swagga like us when the beat dropped and during the last beat break it would have been seamless... I would have redid it..but was like fuck it. lol
Website looks awesome.
Tonight I quit "sleeping" on these.

Website is almost too awesome for me... I need to step my game up..

I am about to go up to a cabin with 3 girls next weekend for spring break. Gonna grab a bunch of these Black Ace mixes and just vibe out while on shrooms. Should be a fucking good weekend.

One of the WCW (the one that starts with Afroman) should be perfect for you..

I like The Cool, I wrote a long ass glowing review of it at the time. That album blew me away like few albums have

although I STILL hate Hip Hop Saved My Life

Recon

Banned
Comparing mastering isn't comparing? Makes sense!

It was a technical observation. Notice how I never once compared the creative contents,only the stupid ass mastering. But I know your dick gets hard whenever Kanye comes up, so I will try to understand your outrage.

I like The Cool, I wrote a long ass glowing review of it at the time. That album blew me away like few albums have

although I STILL hate Hip Hop Saved My Life

I love that song. It is a bit on the nose, but it is a solid track.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It was a technical observation. Notice how I never once compared the creative contents,only the stupid ass mastering. But I know your dick gets hard whenever Kanye comes up, so I will try to understand your outrage.
I could say the same about you and Lupe, but if you wish to make personal shots go ahead, I won't drop that low. Don't mind me just pointing out a logical fallacy. Dunno what you mean about creative contents, you just said a blanket statement with no criteria of you only talking about technical aspects. Comparing mastering is still comparing, and you still agree one is more shit than the other so I'm not sure where your going with this.

I just found it amusing seeing a comparison then seeing "comparing various levels of shit is pointless," that's all.

Recon

Banned
I could say the same about you and Lupe, but if you wish to make personal shots go ahead, I won't drop that low. Don't mind me just pointing out a logical fallacy. Dunno what you mean about creative contents, you just said a blanket statement with no criteria of you only talking about technical aspects. Comparing mastering is still comparing, and you still agree one is more shit than the other so I'm not sure where your going with this.

You willfully choose to ignore the same part of the post where I said it is pointless to rank the albums, clarifying what I meant about comparing the albums. I understand you are young and maybe this level of reading comprehension might go over your head. Also, I shit on Lupe all day every day. He released a shit album and turned into a Whoopi lookalike. I am a fan of pre-2011 Lupe. Stanning is best left to the Kanye idiots.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You willfully choose to ignore the same part of the post where I said it is pointless to rank the albums, clarifying what I meant about comparing the albums. I understand you are young and maybe this level of reading comprehension might go over your head. Also, I shit on Lupe all day every day. He released a shit album and turned into a Whoopi lookalike. I am a fan of pre-2011 Lupe. Stanning is best left to the Kanye idiots.
Well, if you can't understand that putting one thing [or kind of mastering] over another is a form of ordinal ranking, then I'm not sure if there's anything left to argue, especially since you have it programmed to assume this is some Kanye/Lupe thing, when that's not the point. I'm not gonna argue semantics or participate in forcing the Kanye cycle back once more.

Y'all fighting again?
It wouldn't be GAF-Hop without fighting.

Also, shout outs to Macca007 for hooking Blackace up. Always good to see collaborations in GAF-Hop even if they're not related to a now-mythical GAF-Hop tape.

Recon

Banned
I never said which album was better. I could not care less if one artist's shit smells better than another artist's shit. It was a observation about one technical detail. Never did I say LASERS was a better album. Personally, I do not think it is, but why debate shit? They both half-assed their albums for whatever reasons. I just find it hilarious that Kanye the perfectionist can have such a shitty mastered album.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I never said which album was better. I could not care less if one artist's shit smells better than another artist's shit. It was a observation about one technical detail. Never did I say LASERS was a better album. Personally, I do not think it is, but why debate shit? They both half-assed their albums for whatever reasons. I just find it hilarious that Kanye the perfectionist can have such a shitty mastered album.
Bothers me a lot too, I can't crank up my favourite songs. Whoever told Kanye recording in hotels or in open rooms just because famous people 50 years ago recorded in them is cool needs to be shot.

Recon

Banned
Bothers me a lot too, I can't crank up my favourite songs. Whoever told Kanye recording in hotels or in open rooms just because famous people 50 years ago recorded in them is cool needs to be shot.

Yeah, it is telling that almost every shot of kanye in the "Studio" now days is some hotel room. Fuck that noise. If I was ballin so hard motherfuckers coudlnt find me, i would be in a proper studio.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
hahahahaha

He said he was at a reefer party...there were some people there or some shit.

Then...I'm not quite as sure about this one, but I'm pretty fucking sure I saw Chris Brown in another chat. That probably wasn't him though, but I'm 100% sure about Wiz. Blond stripe and everything.

Recon

Banned
hahahahaha

He said he was at a reefer party...there were some people there or some shit.

Then...I'm not quite as sure about this one, but I'm pretty fucking sure I saw Chris Brown. That probably wasn't him though, but I'm 100% sure that was Wiz. Blond stripe and everything.

I have seen quite a few people with a blonde streak just like Wiz recently. Not to say it wasnt him, but that stupid streak has caught on with at least a decent amount of people.

J@hranimo

Banned
So this album WZRD.....is pretty good imo. I guess it goes like this for listeners:

If you expected a Rock album with Cudi lyrics, you'll be disappointed.

If you expected a Cudi album with a different, experimental "rock" sound with Cudi lyrics, then you may enjoy it.

Recon

Banned
So this album WZRD.....is pretty good imo. I guess it goes like this for listeners:

If you expected a Rock album with Cudi lyrics, you'll be disappointed.

If you expected a Cudi album with a different, experimental "rock" sound with Cudi lyrics, then you may enjoy it.

That makes no sense. No one wanted it because it was Cudi on Rock like production. It is better than Perfect Is The Word, but only when it doesnt go full on retard with the electric guitars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom