• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

J@hranimo

Banned
That makes no sense. No one wanted it because it was Cudi on Rock like production. It is better than Perfect Is The Word, but only when it doesnt go full on retard with the electric guitars.

That's initially what I thought to. I thought it was going to be all craptastic guitar riffs with some Cudi. Turns out it's some of that with Dot's production and some decent lyrics and I like this.

WZRD is worth listening to?

I'd say give it a listen. Of course it's different than MOTM 1 & 2 but it's decent.

Mydus-Cold Brew Vol​.​2 (Motor City Foreplay)
2607705491-1.jpg

http://thisismydus.com/album/cold-brew-vol-2-motor-city-foreplay

Album and production is on point, I'm hating. Album is solid as fuck.

BTW, you could hear the whole album at the link.

This is pretty dope

Macca

Thanks for all the good words about the site guys.

Irish, I'm definitely down to help out with OT4, get some nice graphics and shit whipped up!

IrishNinja

not help out, fool! like, it should be your show.
we're taking turns, i figure - OG tokus, then CRS, then me. amount of work you've put it, i figure it oughta have your name on the door, if you're down!

Recon

Banned
Haha, man I'm definitely down to do it. Just feels odd, I haven't been here nearly as long as any of you guys.

I am the most prolific of all gaf-hop posters. I give you my blessing my son. So sayeth the based recon, so shall it be done. They shall give false witness to your gaf hop savior. With messages of "quality over quantity". But I say NAY, thou shall have both in abundance. I have rained blessings upon thy faces. All must rejoice. So sayeth the Recon. So it shall be done.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Haha, man I'm definitely down to do it. Just feels odd, I haven't been here nearly as long as any of you guys.
I'd rather someone with skill with Photoshop make an op than some wise old owl make a shittastic op which I have stare at every time I forget to click on last page.

No offence to ninja, your op is fine. If you want an example of bland op..well I don't wanna name, names, but you get th *cough*android |OT| *cough*e idea.

Kad5

What is gaf-hop's favorite wu-tang member?

I'm pretty fond of Ghostface Killah. Supreme Clientele was pretty awesome to listen to.

RC

Banned

I'm pretty fond of Ghostface Killah. Supreme Clientele was pretty awesome to listen to.
You'll get no arguments from me. Raekwon would be second on my list. Got to see him yesterday actually, hell of a good show.

Macca

GZA has my favourite album but Ghostface puts in more consistent verses to me. Also love me some Meth and ODB.

GZA when it comes to raw technique.

Ghost when it comes to song-making and story-telling.

Meth when it comes to flow.

Deck when it comes to murdering a feature.

RJT

Meth when it comes to flow and charisma.

This pretty much sums my thoughts (with a little fix). Also, Raekwon sucks (OBFCL is only good because of the features, particularly Ghost).

IrishNinja

this is a pretty good post right here.
ODB does his thing, RZA is that dude when you need gravediggaz in your life, or when shit's going perpendicular to the square.

RJT

I don't really hate Rae, I just say that to mess with GAF-HOP. His verse on C.R.E.A.M. alone is enough to make him cool in my eyes. However, he is my least favorite on Wu (not counting U-God and Masta Killah).

Listening to the Ye mixtape: great job, as usual. All my favourite Kanye beats are there.

Some notes:
-"This way" is such an awesome song.
-I miss Luda... STAND UP!!!
-Too much Linkin Park singing...

Detox

The Ace site is exactly what I needed to pimp Ace's mixes, Macca you did a great job on the site. Speaking of which did some sort of copyright infringement stop this?

isgiKIXWrIIl9.png

EDIT:
ibwajZMKSXqqo4.png

Macca

The Ace site is exactly what I needed to pimp Ace's mixes, Macca you did a great job on the site. Speaking of which did some sort of copyright infringement stop this?

isgiKIXWrIIl9.png

EDIT:
ibwajZMKSXqqo4.png
I've just been really busy and haven't got back around to it. Might jump back into it in a couple weeks.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
In all fairness, Nas dropped some of the godliest bars ever spit by man on Verbal Intercourse. Anyone would have gotten destroyed by that verse. Still would.

Rae is my favorite from Wu-tang.

DominoKid

wow so Cudi went for full rock instead of rock-influenced on WZRD. *looks at Rebirth*

cool album i guess. The Dream Time Machine and Teleport to Me are as good as anything he's ever made, but there's a few duds on the album.

edit: also gonna throw Efflictim in the awesome category

i cant lie i went in just hoping it didnt completely suck, but i actually really like it.

sorry about the continuous edits. im hungover as fuck so i cant really get all my thoughts together at once. i'll post more thoughts on WZRD after i get out of class.

Tokubetsu

wow so Cudi went for full rock instead of rock-influenced on WZRD. *looks at Rebirth*

cool album i guess. The Dream Time Machine and Teleport to Me are as good as anything he's ever made, but there's a few duds on the album.

edit: also gonna throw Efflictim in the awesome category

i cant lie i went in just hoping it didnt completely suck, but i actually really like it.

sorry about the continuous edits. im hungover as fuck so i cant really get all my thoughts together at once. i'll post more thoughts on WZRD after i get out of class.

Yea, I really like it as well. Love Hard is probably my favorite. Production is what saves even some of the tracks I'm not too hot on. I really hope Dot Da Genius is flush because he's seriously a killer producer.

I agree with this post 100%.

Wait, what the hell? WZRD went drip drip? I need to be on GAF more.

XcpGQ.gif

WHAT HAPPENED IN THE LAST FEW PAGES

DominoKid

the one i have is 320kbps. i usually rip in that.
but i'm starting to favor 192kbps for shit i download
sounds good enough and takes way less space.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Fantastic job on that website Macca, I've been thinking for weeks about making a website to host all the mixes but between my supreme laziness and lack of talent on that front, I'm glad you stepped up and did it instead.

And Ace, regarding that friend of yours looking for beats, you can forward him my soundcloud page if you want, tons of beats old and new on there. Anything with downloading enabled is a beat that is still available. First 6 on that page are my friends beats though.
I have a bunch of beats halfway done that I've just been too lazy to finish making. I really like like a bunch of them though. Need to get on that.

kamspy

So Nas and Khaled in the studio is the last dagger we get until the tracklist or second single? Unless he still uses Nasty as the first single. The cycle includes a bangin street single, so he'll either stick with Nasty or drop another one on par. Then we'll get the tracklist, then we'll get the second single prod. by Alexx da Kidd feat. Skylar Grey and the cycle will be completed once again.

Regarding WZRD, what genre of rock would you guy say is used?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom