• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://youtu.be/e68gtRQ-I-c?t=8s

another one of those today huh...

Prime Rosie Perez tho

dwade-damn-sip-water.gif

HabeeNo

I don't get how anyone thinks that, it's the Bound 2 of the album but worse.

I think it ranks high with me because, when listening to the whole album in sequence, the flow is different from the bangers. Don't get me wrong, individually the bangers SLAP, and are often getting played in the whip (especially Where Was At, Slave Master & Blow A Bag) but when listening to the album fully, it gets a bit repetitive. In Kno The Meaning not only we see Future rap about the stuff w Esco, but it isn't on that similar flow as Fuck Up Some Commas, and it's a very very lay back production with some nice progression on the piano, which I really liked. Once again opinions and such.

Fjordson

More of Meek's boring machine gun delivery? Hasn't he lost by default?
Meek's voice is probably the worst part. Gotta turn the headphones down for all the shouting.

I think Meek could bring some heat here, though. It will probably sound terrible as far as his delivery, but could be nice lyrically.

RP912

Banned
Be and Like Water For Chocolate are the best Common albums imo. Everything else was ok at best. Something about his style that just doesn't draw me in like some self conscious rappers.

the best part of slave master is the long live asap yams end i think, i just really like that part for some reason. that song (alongside where you at) is the spaciest track on DS2.

and i dunno how common can be called wannabe jay z.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Dreamer, The Believer is really good. Dunno why people turned on that album, it still holds up incredibly well and the album cuts remind me a lot of how Be flowed.

Gas your man up and compare his diss to Ether before it comes out brehs. These dudes...

I should have gone into the music industry instead of business. I could have saved a lot of fatherless dudes.

The Dreamer, The Believer is really good. Dunno why people turned on that album, it still holds up incredibly well and the album cuts remind me a lot of how Be flowed.

Dion blessed that album with some amazing production but I think that Common sadly didn't bring his A-game. I mean, it's to be expected, it was his 9th album. Still, I like it quite a lot.

i shoulda been a producer, fuck these samey trap beats everyone wants

You think there aren't enough producers out there that make non-trap beats? Do you only listen to Nas and Raekwon?

Courage

That's when he starts getting a little too corny for me. Some of his lyricism on that album is cringeworthy. No ID brings some heat tho.

HiResDes

Be and Like Water For Chocolate are the best Common albums imo. Everything else was ok at best. Something about his style that just doesn't draw me in like some self conscious rappers.
Common might be the ultimate conscious rapper. Also One Day I'll All Make Sense is such a great album, Resurrection too, why y'all young ins sleeping because you thought Be was the beginning of the man's prime rather than the twilight.

Over under on Flex restarting the diss 70 times after the first bar?

He's gonna make a 3 minute diss last 20 minutes so i'm gonna go with 7

Edit: I'm not crazy knowledgeable on radio play and things like that but artists don't get paid like a royalty every time their song is played do they. If so Fetty is getting money

IrishNinja

at least with Meek I know that it's his
fhF7uFa.png

when the quality's bad, it's worth seeking outside help

Common is just a wannabe Jay Z

you mean Jaz-O

did people here turn? it felt like an okay album to spin once, just...didnt really hook me overall. solid production, pretty chill but there was better going on around it

this is nice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom