• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT14| The 6 God is Five Writers, And One False Idol

Status
Not open for further replies.

deli2000

I quite liked the beats on Her Favorite Colour and York, but I just can't get into Blu rapping wise. I didn't even like Below The Heavens that much.

illadelph

put me in the "Electric Circus is dope" camp

Ressurection, LWFC, and Be are definitely better, but EC might take the number 4 spot, I enjoy the psychedelic sounds and experimentation

Fjordson

man, i still gotta give her favorite colour or whatever a proper spin...that one wasn't recorded in a train station bathroom as i recall
It's a weird project, lots of movie samples and interludes. It's a really cool listen when going through it in one sitting though. And it has two of his greatest tracks:

https://youtu.be/PmmFBTjypgs
https://youtu.be/sYXlENymfZc

Both of those are incredible imo

Just found out the other day the Blu is still making music.

For some reason the feeling is similar to running into your high school teacher years after you graduate.
He's always showing up on random collabs and shit. He's still dope, but he can't seem to put together a great album anymore.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
fam i know you didn't dig it, but it had some legit shots for a drake diss in 2015, and how exactly did it add credence to the ghostwriting bits? by not addressing them?
I think it's an okay song just a poor diss. The beat has some nice elements to it too.

First half of the song is him saying "oh no, you pushed me, I'm gonna do it now!" and like 4 lines of "you gon make me do something I wouldn't do!" All lol-worthy lines in response to allegations that you don't write. Then he goes onto more of that like "I'm doing this so YOU guys rap?" Like, what? That shit ruins it for me, especially when he doesn't address shit directly to compensate for the obvious "oh, like writing?" response to his whole shit.

The rest is just him saying Nicki wears the pants, and I didn't really feel any of those lines were anything special. I would say the only thing that resonated is the trigger fingers turn to twitter fingers line considering Meek hasn't showed out yet and is just doing a bunch of talking.

Stay Schemin was more memorable and much better than this over something much pettier.

T.A.L

Really though, without combing through my hard drive some that come to mind are

- Riff Raff's music (some of it, anyway, can't defend all of this)
- Yung Lean's stuff
- Yelawolf's Trunk Muzik Returns (which I think is a legitimately great tape)
- The Game's Jesus Piece was a dope album that people just pushed past (especially with all those bonus tracks attached)
- Big Boi's Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors got a middling reception, I thought it was good

This. But I'm of the belief chuck never makes a bad album. Jesus Piece was doooope and underrated tho.

Esch

Banned
Dom59zk.gif

electric circus is wank. the minute that trash starts coming out of a set of speakers you feel all the joy, life, health and swag drain out of you, much like how it was drained out of common by She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named. I realize we're in the business of rewriting history on albums but that's a genuine weed plate to me. I don't know. Maybe you have to be one of those dudes who says The Love Below is a classic. Maybe you have to be one of those people that likes Flying Lotus genuinely. Maybe you just like J Dilla that much. Either way it's not for me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm convinced enzo just hates Drake at this point, how can you not fuck with some of them lines in back to back? Come on
Argue otherwise, then. It's hypocrisy plain and simple on Drake's end, and the Nicki lines are kind of cheesy. Maybe I'll give him the wifing up line too, but that's about it.

I mostly like Drake's music (lol I was being called a dickrider pages ago), but this is bringing out the hater in me because I always felt some type of way about the Blackberry shit.

http://i.imgur.com/Dom59zk.gif

electric circus is wank. the minute that trash starts coming out of a set of speakers you feel all the joy, life, health and swag drain out of you, much like how it was drained out of common by She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named. I realize we're in the business of rewriting history on albums but that's a genuine weed plate to me. I don't know. Maybe you have to be one of those dudes who says The Love Below is a classic. Maybe you have to be one of those people that likes Flying Lotus genuinely. Maybe you just like J Dilla that much. Either way it's not for me.

The continuous random Flying Lotus shots in here loooool

I went back to Electric Circus a couple years ago like "I've grown and changed as a person...let me go into this thing with an open mind"

73 minutes later "....FUCK Badu"

I think EC being so wack is what led to that immediate kneejerk response of "Be GOAT Common album!", more so than the Ye stan effect. Not that it aint great cuz it is, but ANYTHING resembling hip-hop would've looked like Illmatic after EC.

Vorheez

Argue otherwise, then. It's hypocrisy plain and simple on Drake's end, and the Nicki lines are kind of cheesy. Maybe I'll give him the wifing up line too, but that's about it.

I mostly like Drake's music (lol I was being called a dickrider pages ago), but this is bringing out the hater in me because I always felt some type of way about the Blackberry shit.
Give me a min and I'll post more in depth later, I'm on my phone

IrishNinja

Donuts i can kinda see, cause its the one that gets namedropped like crazy when it's not even his best work

but that shit happens

like you know, Training Day over say Malcolm X

Vorheez

Who even started that positivity2015 trash anyways? Who ever thought that was possible? We're all delinquents. #negativity2015

When I get done with this bullshit Migos CD, I'll bite the bullet and listen to Gunplay's record.

When the dude's not getting knocked the fuck out by 50 and his goons, he's nice with the pen.

ARK322

Neo Member
Is it good? Gunplay had a crazy run in 2012 with cartoons and cereal, power circle and his mixtape

But I need somebody to listen to this before I do

It's mediocre. It sort of has the My Name is My Name problem of the verses being solid but having a lot of shitty instrumentals and hooks. The song with Curren$y is nice, and the track Dark Dayz is probably one of the best songs he's put out. The rest ranges from meh to terrible.

thabiz

Oh come on biz, I know you remember me, I'm that guy

And which gentleman would this be? I'm not familiar with that guy. Does he know the lady bishop?

You really must be more concise with your answers dear boy. I'm old and the meaning sometimes confuses me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom