• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

who cares about a concept album about being bitchassed

Kid Cudi is basicaly adolescent nonsensical rhymes over good beats in a sing-songey manner. And I guess people that like Kid Cudi like sing-alongs because it reminds them of when they were three and they could crap their pants and whine about it and someone would come wipe it for them.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Wow this Big Boi album is...not what I expected...at all. I'm going to have to give this a lot of listens before I figure out whether I like it or not. I was expecting another album full of bangers, this is a very very different vibe.

PBY

Banned
Wow this Big Boi album is...not what I expected...at all. I'm going to have to give this a lot of listens before I figure out whether I like it or not. I was expecting another album full of bangers, this is a very very different vibe.

No bangers. Its very chilled out. Indie pop/rock undertones.

siddx

there aren't many rappers i outright hate but he's one of them. i just dont like the approach he takes to rap. its just aggressively corny to me. too singer/songwriter-esque.

lol domino hates slug because he is a songwriter. I can understand him not being someone's style, or not liking his voice, or his flow or is content (even though he has a shitload of variety in content and most people who stereotype him do so based off a portion of his subject matter). But hating an artist because he's a "songwriter" in an art form where people WRITE SONGS is the stupidest fucking thing I have heard come out of your mouth. But shit, I find rapping about nothing but fantasy drug lord lifestyles where rapper idolize dead uneducated failures of human beings and promote ignorance and stupid behavior to be aggressively corny. It's the kind of shit 13 year boys who think they are going to be gangsters rap about. But I still can listen and enjoy that shit regardless. But some of us are just more open minded I guess.

HiResDes

Slug has some chill songs, never thought I'd be defending him, but he does. I definitely understand the Slug love more than the MoTM craze.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yeah...that was a pretty odd thing to say. Might as well hate rappers for rhyming or guitar players for knowing chord progressions.

siddx

Yeah...that was a pretty odd thing to say. Might as well hate rappers for rhyming or guitar players for knowing chord progressions.

I mean, I don't give a fuck if he thinks Slug sucks, plenty of dudes on here do. Thats whatever, everyone has different tastes.
But to bitch about a musician being a songwriter is hilarious stupid. Thats their fucking job, to write songs. Unless your P.Diddy paying someone else to do it.

HiResDes

I mean, I don't give a fuck if he thinks Slug sucks, plenty of dudes on here do. Thats whatever, everyone has different tastes.
But to bitch about a musician being a songwriter is hilarious stupid. Thats their fucking job, to write songs. Unless your P.Diddy paying someone else to do it.

Or spouting gibberish into the mic ala Keef, Future, and sometimes Montana.

Slizz

Totally feeling this Big Boi shit.

Could be cloudy bias but I am loving the direction he went and the beats are pretty damn good.

thabiz

When I saw Keef reading those lyrics off his phone I nearly died of laughter. I always thought that was shit he just freestyled, but to see him actually put effort into that was revelatory.

All these dudes think that datpiff downloads is going to equal record sales. Ummmm.....got news for ya boys, people only listen to it cause its free.

siddx

I think it's just not what I was expecting from him. I didn't really listen to any of the singles except she said ok. I was expecting Sir Lucious part 2, something to get my hype when I walk to work and something to play while I work out in the evenings. But he tried some old Outkast "lets switch up the feel completely" shit with this one. And like ATLiens where I was expecting more southernplayalistic, it might take me a while to appreciate this.

Macca

Listening to that Big Boi now. Skeptical, the bangers were what I enjoyed from Sir Lucious, but here goes. Hope I get to keep my avatar!

Slizz

Thom Pettie on Big Boi is fiiiire.

EDIT: The whole thing really is. I was even weary of me liking it due to a few posters saying it was a different direction than Sir Luscious.

Macca

Well fuck, yea this Big Boi is hella different.

Like others, I really don't know what I think about it. On one hand, it sounds pretty good, and I like some of the beats. But damn, it doesn't really feel like a Big Boi album to me. Maybe it'll grow on me, I'll definitely give it some more listens.

Definitely don't feel it as much as Sir Lucious tho.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GMB has the most basic, unremarkable, yet hardest beats I've heard in a minute. Production is a step up and I think it's better overall than their last project but it's definitely different from The Div. Div had the higher highs though (The Greatness).

Esch

Banned
That's how it is then

e2c3594141847915572e2d474078ff746c472d0_r.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom