• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldvein

Banned
lol domino hates slug because he is a songwriter. I can understand him not being someone's style, or not liking his voice, or his flow or is content (even though he has a shitload of variety in content and most people who stereotype him do so based off a portion of his subject matter). But hating an artist because he's a "songwriter" in an art form where people WRITE SONGS is the stupidest fucking thing I have heard come out of your mouth. But shit, I find rapping about nothing but fantasy drug lord lifestyles where rapper idolize dead uneducated failures of human beings and promote ignorance and stupid behavior to be aggressively corny. It's the kind of shit 13 year boys who think they are going to be gangsters rap about. But I still can listen and enjoy that shit regardless. But some of us are just more open minded I guess.

incredible post.

Esch

Banned
For thabiz and his brethren, real hiphop
DMX remixes ten crack commandments

CsL1W.png

Macca

Goddamn Kendrick...

Good Kid:

In its second week it sold 63,000 copies. In its third week it sold 41,000 copies. In its fourth week it sold 33,000 copies. In its fifth week it sold 49,000 copies bringing its total to 428,000 copies.

Shit will be gold in 2 weeks. Aftermath going to get another platinum soon enough.

Detox

Sometimes I look at the urban album charts in the UK and everytime I check Marshall Mathers LP and 2001 chart high I can only imagine what kind of money those albums have made.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Sometimes I look at the urban album charts in the UK and everytime I check Marshall Mathers LP and 2001 chart high I can only imagine what kind of money those albums have made.

Both sold 10 million copies. So, lots. Enough to get a house with an elevator, even.

DominoKid

Goddamn Kendrick...

Good Kid:

In its second week it sold 63,000 copies. In its third week it sold 41,000 copies. In its fourth week it sold 33,000 copies. In its fifth week it sold 49,000 copies bringing its total to 428,000 copies.

Shit will be gold in 2 weeks. Aftermath going to get another platinum soon enough.

nah i feel like itll top off at 800K

Detox

He's probably done more. They have no idea how to estimate what he is worth. He should be in the top 5 earners and yet he rarely registers a blimp. I think ex-def jam president said people like Dre are only popping up now because stuff like the headphones are easier to estimate but that those guys were probably at the top for the last 20yrs.

thabiz

He's probably done more. They have no idea how to estimate what he is worth. He should be in the top 5 earners and yet he rarely registers a blimp. I think ex-def jam president said people like Dre are only popping up now because stuff like the headphones are easier to estimate but that those guys were probably at the top for the last 20yrs.

His net worth in 2012 was 120mil according to Forbes.

Other years.

2011 : $14 Million ,2010: $8 Million ,2009: $14 Million ,2003: $35 Million

Dude has made a LOT of money.

coldvein

Banned
man, are you all really getting upset that i used the word retarded? didn't mean to offend, my apologies. still catching up on the rapidly evolving "which words are considered okay to use" vocabulary..

Detox

His net worth in 2012 was 120mil according to Forbes.

Other years.

2011 : $14 Million ,2010: $8 Million ,2009: $14 Million ,2003: $35 Million

Dude has made a LOT of money.

Right, but does that look like the right numbers for the highest selling artist of the last decade?

thabiz

sure it does. Most artists make pennies on album sales. If he toured more, he would be up there.

U2 is one of the largest ALL TIME, and they still only bring in about 140 a year. More on tour years.

u2 is worth 840 this year. Dat tour money.

RJT

Sure, if there are any tracks you don't recognize and can't place let me know and I'll tell you where they are from.

Angry Clown

Happy Clown

Sad Clown

And there are a bunch of other songs I really like that I didn't fit in that I'll probably throw together as well into a "Random Clown" playlist. Also thought about doing a Felt mix as well but it had so many tracks from Felt 3 and Felt 2 and barely anything from Felt 1.

Thanks man. Sad Clown looks like my shit, I'll do some digging on it. I have to add Women Tonight though, I love Murs' verse on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom