• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I think people will care. He's already got good exposure, much more than Lamar had.

He just needs a better single with an actual video and he's got 250k on lock.

Just curious, what area of the country do you live in? Lamar was saturated in the LA area, which isn't an insignificant section of the country. ASAP isn't unheard of out here, but there simply isn't a comparison. Guessing this is flopped over on the East.

DominoKid

i really don't get how yall are saying rocky is about to flop.
yeah he's not on the radio but most of the folks i know fuck w/ him and have for a while.
he's pretty hot.

i cant picture rocky flopping.
compared to chief keef who i have no idea what to expect saleswise.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just curious, what area of the country do you live in? Lamar was saturated in the LA area, which isn't an insignificant section of the country. ASAP isn't unheard of out here, but there simply isn't a comparison. Guessing this is flopped over on the East.
Toronto. I hear people who barely listen to rap know his name, hear people bumping his music on the bus.

Beyond that he's done Rihanna features and stuff too, which is why I think his name will be out there. Plus the whole grabbing her ass thing.

Cudder

yeah he's not on the radio but most of the folks i know fuck w/ him and have for a while.
he's pretty hot.

you think people you know listening to him is going to help him more than him being on the radio?

//B1G

Banned
Man you guys were right, I just came across that rocky video. Horrible horrible editing. "let's do the symmetrical/horizontal flip thing because I'm too void of creative abilities to think of anything else to do!" whoever did the video is a major hack.
Rocky has totally lost any credibility to me, from the SGP beef where he ran his mouth to the putting out garbage radio tracks as of late, just everything. He's a bitch to me now. His debut tape is still good but I won't pay attention to any of his new shit.

That earl video is what's good though. Super nice direction all around. Some great ideas in there, love the shot of his floating feet even if it has been done before. The monotone vocals kinda work for him in this one, other times it rubs me the wrong way.

WanderingWind

Toronto. I hear people who barely listen to rap know his name, hear people bumping his music on the bus.

Beyond that he's done Rihanna features and stuff too, which is why I think his name will be out there. Plus the whole grabbing her ass thing.

Just curious. I have no idea what Rocky will do, personally. He's not really anything interesting to me, but then again, I'm 32. I've lost track and give a shit trying to figure out what kids will buy musically.

DominoKid

you think people you know listening to him is going to help him more than him being on the radio?

that's what fuckin problems is for. its them shoot for the moon, granted they picked an odd song to do it with.
im already saying the base he has should be good enough.
he passes the "white girl test" from what i've seen.

big boi is chasing real hard on this album. this sound just does not work for him.
he's drowning in the features/production (they fuckin delivered) cause these verses are surprisingly uninteresting.
i guess killer mike had him feeling like he needed to make something a little off the wall.

he's pretty hot.

I don't get it either. He did a huge tour with so many cities this year and going on tour with Rihanna soon. Even if his album flopped somehow. Dude is straight

HOW YOU GONNA RIP IT LIKE THIS SON?

HOW YOU GONNA RIP IT LIKE THAT SON?

I DON'T PLAY THAT,

CAUSE ITS ACTION,

I GO... BAH BAH 'CAUSE I'M BLACK SON!

THAT'S RIGHT, I'M THE BLACK SHEEP, THE REAL BLACK SHEEP

I'M THE BLACK SHEEP, THE REAL BLACK SHEEP

I'M THE BLACK SHEEP, THE REAL BLACK SHEEP

TwQL3.gif

DominoKid

Oh and A$AP also toured with Drake, which is again, huge. Kendrick was on some of those same dates too.

exactly. he's established in that peer group of "stars"
probably cause they all want to siphon off some of his style.

Man you guys were right, I just came across that rocky video. Horrible horrible editing. "let's do the symmetrical/horizontal flip thing because I'm too void of creative abilities to think of anything else to do!" whoever did the video is a major hack.
Rocky has totally lost any credibility to me, from the SGP beef where he ran his mouth to the putting out garbage radio tracks as of late, just everything. He's a bitch to me now. His debut tape is still good but I won't pay attention to any of his new shit.

lol so youre off the wagon over one radio track and a beef that was stupid on both sides? hip hop fans are so fickle.

//B1G

Banned
I listed like three reasons fool...
And i don't hop on trains like the rest of you do. I don't have to read and talk about a dude's twitter and what his last comment on YouTube was to dig his shit. I just listen to the music and if I'm not feeling that then I'm out.

Shit I'm still hooked on '93-'97, let alone giving a fuck about current artists

WanderingWind

i hope i never get that jaded about music.

You just said Drake and Kendrick are trying to siphon from a guy who has yet to sell a single record. You may not be jaded, but I suspect you're just high 24/7. Like, high enough to be the first dude to die from OD'ing on weed.

I listed like three reasons fool...
And i don't hop on trains like the rest of you do. I don't have to read and talk about a dude's twitter and what his last comment on YouTube was to dig his shit. I just listen to the music and if I'm not feeling that then I'm out.

Shit I'm still hooked on '93-'97, let alone giving a fuck about current artists
That's cool but you listed somethings that deal outside his music so it's a bit if a contradiction.

Either way I am still a bit caution to how his debut will sound

//B1G

Banned
i hope i never get that jaded about music.
I'm not jaded about music, are you dense?
>and I realize that tguy but sgp is dope and homages the shit I really listen to so when a fuckboy like rocky bites it and then talks shit about who he got it from it gets my attention

//B1G

Banned
And by invested you mean not f5'ing his twitter fb and YT account? Lol... You guys are rediculously nonsensical sometimes. It's no wonder I don't come here often to talk about rap.

DominoKid

You just said Drake and Kendrick are trying to siphon from a guy who has yet to sell a single record. You may not be jaded, but I suspect you're just high 24/7. Like, high enough to be the first dude to die from OD'ing on weed.

that's what major rap artists do.

im not saying that they're gonna start making music exactly like him but that association matters.

thabiz

You say if you dont like something your out, yet you sighted a beef, thats tied to twitter, fb, whatever.

Who's nonsensical?

And by invested you mean not f5'ing his twitter fb and YT account? Lol... You guys are rediculously nonsensical sometimes. It's no wonder I don't come here often to talk about rap.
You just said one of your reasons for not listening to Rocky is cause he had beef with SGP. First it was SGP that started the beef but okay.

PD doesn't even pass on a Jay-Z song because he beefed with nas just saying

kamspy

Most casual fans I've talked to know who ASAP is and haven't really heard of Kendrick (til I tell them he made that drinking song, then they go oooooh).

WanderingWind

that's what major rap artists do.

im not saying that they're gonna start making music exactly like him but that association matters.

It works the other way around, actually. The guy about to put out the record usually teams up with the established guys. There really isn't anything Drake needs from Rocky to sell off of. Black Hippy and ASAP have worked together since the beginning, so that's more of an organic thing, I think

//B1G

Banned
AND I left Jehovah slain
I don't cry over pain
Cus I puff fat dimes of novacaine
Murder astrologist, mad cases of manslaughter
I raped this man's daughter and put the shit on camcorder

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jesus Piece

guess game figured rapping like kanye was more cost-effective than shelling out for a ye verse.

as for the song, its aight. the beat could go SO much harder.
I think the beat is fine as is, it doesn't need to be "hard".

I was about to say he doesn't sound like Ye until he brought the HUH?! out.

Song is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom