• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
This Big Boi album...I wasn't sure at first, but damn. This is a beautiful album. Top 5 no, top 10 definitely.

Give it some time to settle... But it feels very ATLiens to me

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Give it some time to settle... But it feels very ATLiens to me

Yeah me too, it threw me first listen, but with the headphones on walking home from work, some great stuff. Apple of my eye and objectum sexuality are early standouts to me.

how much do you think dudes like Hit-Boy make a beat upfront?

i have no idea how much bigger name producers charge.. young chop isnt big name but he charges $2500

Crazy fact. In the late 90's/early 2000's Timbaland used to make $500,000 a beat. Up front.
A couple of years later when trying to get his label off the ground he lowered his fee considerably..... to 'only' about $350,000 per beat!
The industry was crazy back then though.
During The Neptunes prime (2000-2004) they were charging $250,000 a beat, but for the last couple of years artists have been able to get a Pharrell beat for $50,000.

No big name producer makes upwards of 50k a beat anymore. Producers value has declined rapidly since the era of the 'super producer' has passed.

Blackace

Crazy fact. In the late 90's/early 2000's Timbaland used to make $500,000 a beat. Up front.
A couple of years later when trying to get his label off the ground he lowered his fee considerably..... to 'only' about $350,000 per beat!
The industry was crazy back then though.
During The Neptunes prime (2000-2004) they were charging $250,000 a beat, but for the last couple of years artists have been able to get a Pharrell beat for $50,000.

No big name producer makes upwards of 50k a beat anymore. Producers value has declined rapidly since the era of the 'super producer' has passed.

Well considering that anyone with a bit of talent, a computer and a midi can make a throwaway beat these days also has something to do with it

siddx

And there are very few producer names that will guarantee you a hit, or more accurately guarantee you a big enough hit to make back whatever you spent on that beat. No one in their right mind would pay even the hottest producer half a million these days considering the chances of making that much off the single are remote at best.

Cudder

Guys, I just had a dream that I was The Weeknd. I looked like myself though. I was doing this show outside at night on this outside path illuminated by these streetlight kind of things. I had these 2 in ear monitors and it made my voice sound just like The Weeknds holy shit. But the thing was is that I knew my voice wasn't capable of hitting those notes but these 2 in ear monitors were like magic or something, converting my shitty singing voice into Weeknds silky smooth one. I was super impressed at the same time i was singing thinking "Damn, listen to my voice man! This is awesome!" And then for some reason a bunch of Victoria's Secret models came down the path i was on and were like modeling like it was a runway? I dunno about that part but when I was The Weeknd I was like wowwww. I think my dream lasted like an hour in real time but for some reason it felt like 10 minutes in my dream. I had to get a drink when i got up. Hoping I can continue where In left off when I get back to sleep. Goodnight GAF.

filler

Banned
Can't wait to listen to this. Probably go through it while I workout tomorrow.

Any chance you could start making these in 320 instead of 192?

Also, what's the title of song at the end of the Bun b mix? perfect ending

why you ignore me ace?

Blackace

why you ignore me ace?

lol

I make a shitload of mixes.. so space is always an issue for me. I never even tried to make higher recordings, not even sure if my program can..

siddx

lol I mean, I've had plenty of dreams where I blew up and became a big famous rapper but I've never dreamed I was some other dude. I have to say waking up from being a rich and famous rapper and realizing your a shitty rapper with an $80 mic is definetly disappointing.

filler

Banned
lol I mean, I've had plenty of dreams where I blew up and became a big famous rapper but I've never dreamed I was some other dude. I have to say waking up from being a rich and famous rapper and realizing your a shitty rapper with an $80 mic is definetly disappointing.

could be worse, you could wake up and be a mac miller wannabe #recon

siddx

lol that shits cold haha

i just want it on record that occasional bouts of insanity aside, I like recon and think he's a talented dude.

Blackace

OhSnap-house.gif

This Big Boi album...I wasn't sure at first, but damn. This is a beautiful album. Top 5 no, top 10 definitely.

Gotta agree. Probably gonna fall in a 7-9 spot for me. Really solid album, he even got me to like the sing songy hooks which is usually the downfall of a bunch of hip-hop albums.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Jesus Piece is a great album. The first 3 tracks are special, then the next three tracks suck, then the rest of the album is good to really fucking good. Needed Holy Water on there.

The west owned 2012.

siddx

Vicious Lies caught me off guard, was expecting Sir Lucious part 2. Not sure how I feel about it yet.

I felt the same exact way. First listen I kinda left unhappy and put it aside. But listening again with no expectations changed how I feel dramatically.

siddx

I'm on a "fuck all these hoes" bent these days. I need to write some horrible misogynistic shit this weekend.

Regardless of quality, you would figure the Wu name alone could move more units.
They didn't do a video, didn't really start the hype train, and didn't have a street anthem. Thy basically got a check, split it, and bought some cheap ass beats assuming the Wu name alone would save them. I bet a lot of people didn't know the album was coming out

I don't think Ghost is smart at all in terms of label politics.

thabiz

Mandatory Brunch Mettings

AWWWWWW YEAH! FUCKIN BANGIN!

4039662184-1.jpg

1) MANDATED PARTICIPANTS PRODUCED BY ATG
2) 10 DOLLAR LAP DANCES PRODUCED BY HARRY FRAUD
3) GET THAT MONEY BLACK PRODUCED BY DJ TWO STACKS & NOVA
4) KELLY KAPOWSKI PRODUCED BY ATG
5) THOUSAND DOLLAR GYM SHOES FEAT. ACTION BRONSON PRODUCED BY TOMMY MAS
6) SILK AND LEATHER RAP FEAT. GABBIE GIFTSZ PRODUCED BY ATG
7) CEDAR PLANK SALMON PRODUCED BY DJ UNEEK
8) BEAUTIFUL AREOLAS PRODUCED BY J-LOVE
9) BRAND NAME MARIJUANA PRODUCED BY ALCHEMIST
10 )PERSIAN RUGBY’S PRODUCED BY MIKE FINITO
11) STEWED RABO FEAT. ACTION BRONSON & AG DA CORONER PRODUCED BY TOMMY MAS
12) BURGUNDY GUESS JEANS PRODUCED BY ATG
13) SECRET ANGLE PRODUCED BY FALSIDE
14) BROOKLYN QUEENS DAY FEAT. MAFFEW RAGAZINO PRODUCED BY ATG
15) CARVEL FEAT. HEEMS, LAKUTIS, & NESS PRODUCED BY MIKE FINITO
16) GUNS IN THE PLAYPEN FEAT. GABBIE GIFTSZ PRODUCED BY ICEROCKS
17) FDR MUSIC FEAT CARRIE WILDS AND HOLOGRAM PRODUCED BY ATG

thabiz

GOnna check out now, I have so many albums from so many different genres to catch up on...Never been so behind.

Production is way better than fly shit. Already took fly off the list, and replaced with this. bangin. Stewed Rabo is the funk. The Tommy Mas cuts slay.

That keith is getting a lot of play too.

Lol. know that feeling. I try to be good and at least get a quick sample in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom