• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ali Bomaye...

ibyL4Ts3dQWXXN.gif

I'm KRS.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The west coast was on fire this year, but GKMC was definitely the best album of the year.

Nope

Je-je-je-Jesus Piece

just started listening to Jesus Piece, was gonna do Big Boi's next first but fuck it

omgwtfbbq at this production

Put it together for sure

Quickly made up my counter list of my 25 "classics" of the past 10 years. Some of these are a bit of a stretch, I'm not even sold that there are 25 classics in the last 10 years lol. But here's what I came up with imo:

• Scarface – The Fix
• The Clipse – Lord Willin’
• Jay-Z – The Black Album
• 50 Cent – Get Rich or Die Tryin’
• Kanye West – College Dropout
• Madvillain – Madvillainy
• MF DOOM – Mm…Food
• CunninLynguists – A Piece of Strange
• Common – Be
• The Game – The Documentary
• Kanye West – Late Registration
• Young Jeezy – TM101
• J. Dilla – Donuts
• Ghostface Killah – FishScale
• Lupe Fiasco – Food & Liquor
• The Clipse – Hell Hath No Fury
• T.I. – King
• Blu & Exile – Below the Heavens
• Lupe Fiasco – The Cool
• Kanye West – Graduation
• Kid Cudi – Man on the Moon
• Kanye West – My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
• Kno – Death Is Silent
• Roc Marciano – Marcberg
• Kendrick Lamar – Good Kid, mAAd City

MBDTF?

Two Clipse albums?

Two Lupe albums?

Kid Cudi?

ROFL

Normally I don't like cutting albums, but this has made my Game experience much more enjoyable:

tdLUs.png

I'd also kick Hallelujah to the curb, but this is pretty close to what mine looks like. And just a guess, but Dead People will probably get on there too.

I'm at the point in my GFK fandom to say Fishscale is up there with Ironman and Supreme Clientele

It's been up there since day 1. Great album.

coldvein

Banned
i think the classic arguments are kinda silly too, nobody's ever gonna agree. to me mbdtf is a classic and gkmc isn't. subjective.

HiiiLife

I honestly can't tell if Blackace & Enzo are being deadass with these Jesus Piece comments.

Lemme get through VL&DR right quick doe.

thabiz

i think the classic arguments are kinda silly too, nobody's ever gonna agree. to me mbdtf is a classic and gkmc isn't. subjective.

agreed. The one thing i have taken from all the artists i have worked with, has been this.

Don't let anyone tell you you are wrong when it comes to music.

Blackace

agreed. The one thing i have taken from all the artists i have worked with, has been this.

Don't let anyone tell you you are wrong when it comes to music.

So if I told you Bushwick Bill was better than the entire Wu outside of U-God I'd be correct? Awesome!

thabiz

So if I told you Bushwick Bill was better than the entire Wu outside of U-God I'd be correct? Awesome!

Yes. Its your opinion and thats all that matters. The only person that can tell you if you are wrong or right is yourself.

We arent talking arrangement or progression. We are talking taste.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I honestly can't tell if Blackace & Enzo are being deadass with these Jesus Piece comments.

Lemme get through VL&DR right quick doe.

I'm only 3 songs in, and the rest of GAF-Hop has been praising Ali Bomaye before me. Dat beat.

It's a Game album though, you already know it's going to have good production.

Blackace

Yes. Its your opinion and thats all that matters. The only person that can tell you if you are wrong or right is yourself.

We arent talking arrangement or progression. We are talking taste.

Sure but there is a term "bad taste" for a reason

And just like with any other art form there are universal or near universal classics

It's a Game album though, you already know it's going to have good production.

LAX says No

coldvein

Banned
And just like with any other art form there are universal or near universal classics

good point, and interesting to look at say "classic paintings" vs. "classic hip hop albums" and how we treat them. the mona lisa is a classic painting, that's widely recognized. but i don't really like it. it doesn't appeal to me. i don't want it hanging in my bedroom. does that mean i have bad taste in paintings?

also people throw the word "classic" at hiphop albums pretty often. example: gkmc is a classic, mbdtf is a classic. there's multiple albums per year getting called classics. with the mona lisa, we're at like 300+ years later and it's still considered a classic. in 300 years will anybody give a fuck about gkmc or mbdtf?

Blackace

good point, and interesting to look at say "classic paintings" vs. "classic hip hop albums" and how we treat them. the mona lisa is a classic painting, that's widely recognized. but i don't really like it. it doesn't appeal to me. i don't want it hanging in my bedroom. does that mean i have bad taste in paintings?

also people throw the word "classic" at hiphop albums pretty often. example: gkmc is a classic, mbdtf is a classic. there's multiple albums per year getting called classics. with the mona lisa, we're at like 300+ years later and it's still considered a classic. in 300 years will anybody give a fuck about gkmc or mbdtf?

Glad you bring that up because art was exactly what I was thinking

I believe classics are something you can come to understand

Like you and the Mona Lisa I don't really jive with 36 Chambers but see it's impact and do indeed consider it a classic

HiResDes

That's the consensus list it seems, some days it's a completely different order for me though.

I hope that 12 Reasons is quality, would push Ghost into a tier of his own as far as longevity and consistency go

If 12 Reasons is quality then that would push GFK into the greatest east-coast rapper of all time, without exceptions.

thabiz

The point is having someone explain to you why they think you have shit taste or why an album is a classic or not one is a way to learn the art of hip-hop

You can tell me why im wrong, but thats not going to change my opinion, when it comes to music. Unless we are talking composition, then i fully agree.

Cudder

Down as well. Where you work that you can do this? Let me get that job lol

i work Master Control at a Catholic TV station in Toronto lol.

I work afternoon shift so everyone is out of here by 5 pretty much. not that it matters much, I could still have music running in my room all day long if I worked days.

T Dollarz

I work afternoon shift so everyone is out of here by 5 pretty much. not that it matters much, I could still have music running in my room all day long if I worked days.

I need an office job lol

Oh god I love A Grand Don't Come for Free, too. That album clicked with me like no other album did before, maybe because it was one of the first times I actually had to pay attention to an album lol.

Feel really bad I couldn't pick that up.

Haha, at least you know who he is! That's a brilliant album, I've pimped it in here a couple of times in the past, one of the best concept albums I know of.

wait... mike skinner and danny brown did something together? what?

Yeah man, Noisey Back and Forth

thabiz

what channel?

Blackace

You can tell me why im wrong, but thats not going to change my opinion, when it comes to music. Unless we are talking composition, then i fully agree.
It might

There are plenty times when someone told me something and maybe at the time we were talking I took the la-la-la it's my music and I like it approach but when I listened again I heard what they were talking about

Didn't always change my opinion but sometimes it did

Some artist speak to your soul and that's cool too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom