• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Gaf!! Bring me back to hip hop!
Lately I've only been listening to System of a Down, Nirvana, Slipnot, Lana del Ray, and some Outkast when I drive.

Give me something y'all know I ain't never heard of.

the hot 97 interview with Trinidad James..

Rosenburg and the other host are fucking embarrassing

So far it's not bad. Who is the black guy tho, and did he replace Juan? Dude is too abrasive...

I fux with Rosenberg though. Dude is hip hop through and through and always keeps it real.

btw
ayo first I heard the lisp weeks ago...now I hear Trinidad is from Atlanta...and that he runs a fashion shop...

overcast

I know about hip hop, well mostly wutang clan and all their solo shit.
I also fuck with Rick Ross. People can hate on him, but damn, he makes good music.

I just need something new
If you like Rozay, maybe Meek Mill's new album (Dream and Nightmares)? I don't personally like it, but I just don't like Maybach.

People need to be talking bout that Heavens Arms record, or whatever it's called. Probably best on the entire CD.

Good track but Ali Bomaye is on another level IMO. Clearly the standout track.

And this 12 track Jesus Piece with the meh tracks removed would've been a serious album. Oh well, still better than his last 2. Kendrick killed his verse btw.

overcast

I never knew that it was just Biggie on Gimme The Loot. Thought there was another person on that track my whole life. Decided to finally look it up. Mind blown.

Laugh at me if you have to.

cacophony

1.Long Live A$AP
2.Goldie
3.PMW (All I Really Need) feat Schoolboy Q
4.LVL
5.Hell feat Santigold
6.Pain feat OverDoz
7.F**kin' Problems feat Drake, 2 Chainz & Kendrick Lamar
8.Wild For The Night
9.1Train feat Kendrick Lamar, Joey Bada$$, Yelawolf, Danny Brown, Action Bronson & Big K.R.I.T.
10.Fashion Killa
11.Phoenix
12.Suddenly
13.Pretty Flacko (Remix) feat Gucci Mane, Waka Flocka Flame & Pharrell
14.Ghetto Symphony feat Gunplay & A$AP Ferg
15.Ticket
16.Like I'm Apart feat Florence Welch
17.Purple Swag Remix

http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000085242

Not sure if legit, but I think the jap site with the Cruel Summer tracklist was right

I never knew that it was just Biggie on Gimme The Loot. Thought there was another person on that track my whole life. Decided to finally look it up. Mind blown.

Laugh at me if you have to.

Nah, it took me awhile even though it doesn't say a rapper is featured on it. Either way dope fucking track, easily my favorite Biggie track.

I've been robbing motherfuckas since the slave ships
With the same clip and the same 4-5

overcast

Yeah, song is INSANE. Always loved it. I figured the "other dude" was just uncredited haha.

Not sure if I believe that track list. Lack of ASAP Mob unfortunately. Looks pretty good if real though.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
blood diamonds and the first three minutes of see no evil are the highlights of jesus piece. Ali bomaye suffers from a half assed effort by 2chainz.

OG Kush

Rosenburg is a douche. Why does he keep asking rappers about them rapping about drunk driving? yeah your bro died from drunk driving but don't mean rappers can't rap about it. Rappers aren't condoning it, they're just rapping about their life and the shit that goes on around them. Plus the way he acts in interviews is just awkward, he may know his hip hop but hes annoying.

Also what happened to that Lana Del Ray track with ASAP rocky?

Esch

Banned
features are always weak.

hahahaha
Rosenburg is a douche. Why does he keep asking rappers about them rapping about drunk driving? yeah your bro died from drunk driving but don't mean rappers can't rap about it. Rappers aren't condoning it, they're just rapping about their life and the shit that goes on around them. Plus the way he acts in interviews is just awkward, he may know his hip hop but hes annoying.

Also what happened to that Lana Del Ray track with ASAP rocky?
I see a lot of rappers glamorizing that stuff and worse, whats wrong with at least asking people why they do it?

698409593.jpg

dead

#JesusPiece

Esch

Banned
Esch #JesusPiece review

I really started off enjoying this. Game does know how start albums hot, he frontloaded this with Scared Now and Ali Bomaye which go pretty hard. More than that, this is paced pretty well. it drags a little in the middle with some lower energy tracks, but its a pretty smooth full listen. Whoever exec produced this is a smart boy. Most of the beats are dope. high energy, or some nice smoove shit. Theyre of a very consistent quality. Some of the shit is catchy on here, some of it is corny (seriously, a couple of these shits are swing and miss on a KRIT level hook wise). But you listen to this once, twice and i could see how you could bump it, even like it a lot.

And then it starts to set in. A line will pop out. Is that something Jay said like 6 albums ago? Yes it is. Who are these wack discount Frank Oceans on here? This sounds like something Drake would write to a tee. Is Game jacking Meek's flow on this track? Oh, now Ross's? This dude still talking about Jesus/church and running through bitches on the same track? What the fuck is wrong with him. It's like he has no limiting factor in his brain that tells a normal human being what is acceptable and not. Like any human being with a modicum of self respect would not act and talk like this. Straight up he just sounds like a pathetic hypocrite on half these tracks content wise. And not in an interesting self-conflict way, like a pathetic you havent grown as a human being way. That and he just says some stupid shit once in a while to be edgy. "Nigga, fuck lincoln...". Uhhh alright dude. How many people are you going to collaborate with and just outright parrot? Everyone takes pages out of the books of others, especially in 2012 when nothing is new in the rap game pretty much, but at least they flip it interestingly. This dude Game just pretty much listens to other peoples shit and then probably takes notes like 'yo lets do this exact thing on my next joint'. My point is, what does this guy have to offer as an artist besides his fucked up dumb shit world view or blatant plagiarism? I hear people cite his rap skill... Just competent. Keep in mind that its easier to affect higher levels of profiency when you're taking someone else's ideas. Charisma? He has a good enunciated delivery, but nothing special. I really did like a couple songs on this album, but thats it.

I find it funny that Game seems to have been galvanized by Kendrick somewhat, because they are the exact opposite. Kendrick's fount of creative energy, personality, and originality looks like a river compared to the dribbles Game exudes. This album is like the perfect example of how a lot of rap today comes up short - all substance, perfectly produced, all checkboxes checked for reviewers, good singles, but it just has a black black dead heart. dead on the inside. Just like game.

5 or 6/10. I wanna give it worse but the beats save it. In retrospect, the worst thing about it is that its just boring as all hell. I cant remember more than 2 songs on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom