• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP OT6(66) Wu-Tang is for Asians and Weeaboos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yes it's something Jay said that he bit from someone else

But I gotta admit sometimes Game's swag jacking is too much

Esch

Banned
the thing is its so fucked up that when Game is saying some shit like "good dude, i love you like cooked food" and i dont even know whether he's trying to take a shot at Jay or gas him up. acting like a 33 year old divorced wife, i dont even know how to interpret that shit honestly

T Dollarz

Esch was so right about that leftover Taco Bell making its mark on my asshole, good lawd. This is terrible. Thank god I'm alone right now lol

Dereck

Good Kid, s.A.A.d City

643EH.jpg
kbSvZ.gif

OG Kush

The way I see Game's album is that I don't enjoy listening to him on about half the tracks. All the beats are dope and wish someone else was rapping over them. There are some good tunes like Hallelujah, Pray, Ali bomaye.

DominoKid

Esch #JesusPiece review
And then it starts to set in. A line will pop out. Is that something Jay said like 6 albums ago? Yes it is. Who are these wack discount Frank Oceans on here? This sounds like something Drake would write to a tee. Is Game jacking Meek's flow on this track? Oh, now Ross's? This dude still talking about Jesus/church and running through bitches on the same track? What the fuck is wrong with him. It's like he has no limiting factor in his brain that tells a normal human being what is acceptable and not. Like any human being with a modicum of self respect would not act and talk like this. Straight up he just sounds like a pathetic hypocrite on half these tracks content wise. And not in an interesting self-conflict way, like a pathetic you havent grown as a human being way. That and he just says some stupid shit once in a while to be edgy. "Nigga, fuck lincoln...". Uhhh alright dude. How many people are you going to collaborate with and just outright parrot? Everyone takes pages out of the books of others, especially in 2012 when nothing is new in the rap game pretty much, but at least they flip it interestingly. This dude Game just pretty much listens to other peoples shit and then probably takes notes like 'yo lets do this exact thing on my next joint'. My point is, what does this guy have to offer as an artist besides his fucked up dumb shit world view or blatant plagiarism? I hear people cite his rap skill... Just competent. Keep in mind that its easier to affect higher levels of profiency when you're taking someone else's ideas. Charisma? He has a good enunciated delivery, but nothing special. I really did like a couple songs on this album, but thats it.

I find it funny that Game seems to have been galvanized by Kendrick somewhat, because they are the exact opposite. Kendrick's fount of creative energy, personality, and originality looks like a river compared to the dribbles Game exudes. This album is like the perfect example of how a lot of rap today comes up short - all substance, perfectly produced, all checkboxes checked for reviewers, good singles, but it just has a black black dead heart. dead on the inside. Just like game.

it helps if you dont think that much about it lol. Game aint worth all that ^^^
on first listen i went in looking for all the typical Game problems (and there are many lol)...and i found em.
but for once they didnt really matter because i was still jammin to that shit.
i really cant find a track i dont like. Celebration i guess but i like cruising to that.

This dude still talking about Jesus/church and running through bitches on the same track? What the fuck is wrong with him. It's like he has no limiting factor in his brain that tells a normal human being what is acceptable and not. Like any human being with a modicum of self respect would not act and talk like this. Straight up he just sounds like a pathetic hypocrite on half these tracks content wise. And not in an interesting self-conflict way, like a pathetic you havent grown as a human being way.

i do want to pick this out though, and not to go off on a tangent about religion, but just from my experiences this album is kind of a snapshot of the average black church goer.
i love the kevin hart skit at the end of Church is absolutely perfect. so if that's what Game was going for, then i guess he accomplished it.

codhand

Esch #JesusPiece review5 or 6/10. I wanna give it worse but the beats save it. In retrospect, the worst thing about it is that its just boring as all hell. I cant remember more than 2 songs on this.

Game only knows three words, a noun a verb and tupac.

Esch

Banned
it helps if you dont think that much about it lol. Game aint worth all that ^^^
on first listen i went in looking for all the typical Game problems (and there are many lol)...and i found em.
but for once they didnt really matter because i was still jammin to that shit.
i really cant find a track i dont like. Celebration i guess but i like cruising to that.
i was the other way around. i was thumpin that shit and then 3rd listen i was like
A1Bny.png
what.png
snoop.png

but if i listen to anything more than once the way though i'm gonna think about it more and listen more.

Yea the whole jesus and running through bitches is basically the point of the album. I told you that last time you were going off about you don't get the concept of the album and I think it delivered perfectly in that area or at least game did

Esch

Banned
Yea the whole jesus and running through bitches is basically the point of the album. I told you that last time you were going off about you don't get the concept of the album and I think it delivered perfectly in that area or at least game did

#wasntraisedchristian

#cantrelate

Grzi

Esch #JesusPiece review

I really started off enjoying this. Game does know how start albums hot, he frontloaded this with Scared Now and Ali Bomaye which go pretty hard. More than that, this is paced pretty well. it drags a little in the middle with some lower energy tracks, but its a pretty smooth full listen. Whoever exec produced this is a smart boy. Most of the beats are dope. high energy, or some nice smoove shit. Theyre of a very consistent quality. Some of the shit is catchy on here, some of it is corny (seriously, a couple of these shits are swing and miss on a KRIT level hook wise). But you listen to this once, twice and i could see how you could bump it, even like it a lot.

And then it starts to set in. A line will pop out. Is that something Jay said like 6 albums ago? Yes it is. Who are these wack discount Frank Oceans on here? This sounds like something Drake would write to a tee. Is Game jacking Meek's flow on this track? Oh, now Ross's? This dude still talking about Jesus/church and running through bitches on the same track? What the fuck is wrong with him. It's like he has no limiting factor in his brain that tells a normal human being what is acceptable and not. Like any human being with a modicum of self respect would not act and talk like this. Straight up he just sounds like a pathetic hypocrite on half these tracks content wise. And not in an interesting self-conflict way, like a pathetic you havent grown as a human being way. That and he just says some stupid shit once in a while to be edgy. "Nigga, fuck lincoln...". Uhhh alright dude. How many people are you going to collaborate with and just outright parrot? Everyone takes pages out of the books of others, especially in 2012 when nothing is new in the rap game pretty much, but at least they flip it interestingly. This dude Game just pretty much listens to other peoples shit and then probably takes notes like 'yo lets do this exact thing on my next joint'. My point is, what does this guy have to offer as an artist besides his fucked up dumb shit world view or blatant plagiarism? I hear people cite his rap skill... Just competent. Keep in mind that its easier to affect higher levels of profiency when you're taking someone else's ideas. Charisma? He has a good enunciated delivery, but nothing special. I really did like a couple songs on this album, but thats it.

I find it funny that Game seems to have been galvanized by Kendrick somewhat, because they are the exact opposite. Kendrick's fount of creative energy, personality, and originality looks like a river compared to the dribbles Game exudes. This album is like the perfect example of how a lot of rap today comes up short - all substance, perfectly produced, all checkboxes checked for reviewers, good singles, but it just has a black black dead heart. dead on the inside. Just like game.

5 or 6/10. I wanna give it worse but the beats save it. In retrospect, the worst thing about it is that its just boring as all hell. I cant remember more than 2 songs on this.

This review makes sense if you care more about the artist who's performing the music and his integrity than the music itself. Which is cool, I guess, in the same way people are bothered about Ross being a cop.
I really couldn't give a fuck about that though, as long as it sounds good. And it does.

Kreed

So far it's not bad. Who is the black guy tho, and did he replace Juan? Dude is too abrasive...

I fux with Rosenberg though. Dude is hip hop through and through and always keeps it real.

btw
ayo first I heard the lisp weeks ago...now I hear Trinidad is from Atlanta...and that he runs a fashion shop...

The black guy is Ebro, who "runs" the station (Cipha/Juan is still on the show). They have been putting him on the radio show more now after the Nicki Minaj situation, but I agree he's way too abrasive for the show/podcasts.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
This review makes sense if you care more about the artist who's performing the music and his integrity than the music itself. Which is cool, I guess, in the same way people are bothered about Ross being a cop.
I really couldn't give a fuck about that though, as long as it sounds good. And it does.

Or if you've never in your life heard records with more than one subject. Or if you hold rapper A to task on things literally ever rapper on earth does. "OMG he talks about jesus and hoes! Hypocrite! Kanye GOAT!" That shit's not acceptable? Did you just start listening to rap - hell, any record - yesterday? I'm on the Kendrick's shit is a classic to me shit, but this ignores that he does the SAME exact shit on a number of tracks and throughout both his albums (hell, even going in on this exact subject on Section.80.).

DominoKid

rosenberg being a dillweed? im shocked.

I can understand your distaste for it. Hell I knew some dudes that try to get numbers while in church lmao

well yeah why else would you go to church?
church girls >>>

in other news, somebody got expelled from high school over a Chief Keef adlib lol

https://twitter.com/Y2Dre
My brother might have taken the L of the year people. I'm laughing so hard.
So he's going to class and this Black teacher who's like 27 tells him to go to class. So my brother goes "relax man I'm going. Bang bang"
My brother thought that since the teacher was relatively young he'd get the Chief Keef "bang bang" reference. He didn't.
Teacher said my brother threatened his life, and now he's expelled.
Any other time I'd say that was a racist overreaction by the Dean, but my brother got suspended 5 times last year. So now he's expelled.
He got expelled from High School over a chief Keef ad lib Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
His future is a Reynolds wrap over a Chief Keef joke. Keep in mind I hate my brothers guts so that's why I'm hysterically laughing.
Dean told my bro he wasnt about that talking he was about that action RT @big_business: homie got expelled over a chief keef lyric

Esch

Banned
:/ get real dude. I care about the music just as much as you do, I just see art as a product of personality and in game's case his shit character shines through more than rozay who (probably wisely) keeps that shit on the back burner and just raps about yachts and bitches.

Esch

Banned
Or if you've never in your life heard records with more than one subject. Or if you hold rapper A to task on things literally ever rapper on earth does. "OMG he talks about jesus and hoes! Hypocrite! Kanye GOAT!" That shit's not acceptable? Did you just start listening to rap - hell, any record - yesterday? I'm on the Kendrick's shit is a classic to me shit, but this ignores that he does the SAME exact shit on a number of tracks and throughout both his albums (hell, even going in on this exact subject on Section.80.).

nobody reasonably dislikes any artist for any single issue they say stupid shit about. hats expected. Its rap music.Or for hypocrisies, which like I SAID can be interesting if flipped right, because at the end of the day people are all hypocrites on one issue or another. self contradiction is a part of life. Its just that game is a big ol fountain of stupid shit. And i could tolerate it just fine if the actual music was truly dope or unique enough to provoke interest.But its not really. Its pretty by the numbers.

and if you want an album like this, I think Meek milly's is a cut above, more energy better production.

mooooose

That Rocky tracklist definitely looks real enough. I wonder if "Conquer" is actually Long Live ASAP or some other track. What a fucking stellar song though.

Schoolboy Q on Pussy Money Weed is a disappointment because the song is cool but not the high energy combo we've always heard from the two of them... it better not just be Q going "yeah" over the chorus either... always I've heard the song on repeat for months... really disappointed...

Pretty Flacko Remix will be insane.

coldvein

Banned
i ended up listening to the marshall mathers LP for the first time in a long time last night.

my words are like a dagger with a jagged edge that'll stab you in the head whether you're a fag or les.

shit is great.

overcast

Schoolboy Q on Pussy Money Weed is a disappointment because the song is cool but not the high energy combo we've always heard from the two of them... it better not just be Q going "yeah" over the chorus either... always I've heard the song on repeat for months... really disappointed...
Oh that track has been out? Damn, that doesn't sound that great. I'll wait until the album one way or another.

kamspy

Are you saying they are both bad, or is wiz just kind of dope?

Game is pretty bad for me. I like the one track with Ross and Titty.

ONIFC is much more of what we'd want from Wiz than Rolling Papers was. It's nothing great, just good Wiz rap. Cam'Ron comes correct as fuck on his feature like he didn't even leave the rap game for how ever many years it's been. I dug that. Beats are solid.

Dude's always had a good ear for beats and he saved some beaters for the retail. It's really easy to listen to, if that makes sense. That's my main problem with the new Big Boi, it's requires fucking effort to listen to.

Work Hard Play Hard on ONIFC goes. Beat and verses at least. Hook is kinda lame.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
"Pop the pussy, don't play with it /
I don't care if Kanye hit it /
I don't care if Jay hit it /
I'mm eat it up and lay with it / "

Why does Game say these things? He needs someone in the studio hitting him with a switch, that he pulled off of a tree, every time he says shit like this. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom